The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:55 am

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Peach 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Peach specific gameplay here.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:12 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Still without my controller. The only change I'm really feeling with this character is that her radishes don't bounce of each other anymore. everything else is as decent as it was before for me.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Did you guys decrease the size of the D-tilt hitbox? Because its harder to hit now, and it was a great combo starter.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm

MGN Username: Quote
With the advent of C-stick throwing, item managing is easier. Depending on player preference this can be seen as a buff or nerf. Her recovery is better now, not by a huge margin, but enough for me to notice the first time around. Also Beam Sword.

I need to test her A LOT more, but she doesn't seem too much better. Still kinda bad, but not as bad as she used to be.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Camden wrote:
With the advent of C-stick throwing, item managing is easier. Depending on player preference this can be seen as a buff or nerf. Her recovery is better now, not by a huge margin, but enough for me to notice the first time around. Also Beam Sword.

I need to test her A LOT more, but she doesn't seem too much better. Still kinda bad, but not as bad as she used to be.

you might've noticed everything
but U-air was also given more power and range

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 pm
BR Member

TacThree wrote:
Camden wrote:

you might've noticed everything
but U-air was also given more power and range

Her F-air KO's much earlier now, and the animation is really nice. The sound effect for it and D-tilt are awesome #Melee. But RIP D-tilt's smaller range...And her B-air comes out pretty fast too and feels less awkward. Overall, very nice!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 pm

It seems like Turnips interact more with attacks now, so you can use things like f-tilt or aerials to keep them in the air longer.

Item release sends the turnip slightly high and back. This sucks because if you're below a Battlefield platform or another platform, the turnip will immediately disappear due to landing on the platform.

Throwing a turnip while another turnip is extremely close to your character will no longer propel both of the turnips up, it'll instead fly forward and ignore the turnip.

Also, what you can get using downB seems to be modified. So far I got a Cucco, item capsule bomb, and an Oddish.

It seems like it is easier to SDI out of d-smash, though this may be because I was vsing a computer.

Edit: Also, the Peach vs Marth matchup seems abysmal. I was testing matches vs a human Marth and was just getting zoned out of all my approaches. At the same time, I had nothing to counter Marth's approaches. Peach herself has a problem with disjointed hitboxes since of her low character speed and range, but against Marth it's just a nightmare since he has a lot of coverage and mobility along with his disjointed hitboxes.

Forgot to mention that neutral B seems to be buffed in range and also knockback significantly.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:12 pm
BR Member

If you auto float cancel under pretty much any platform, you can tech chase with U-air, which is awesome! And U-air has more kill power. You couldn't do this on all stages before.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Nice idea to decrease her size, now I'm sure she'll have it a bit easier.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:07 pm

I still feel like her lack of range is going to hurt her so much. While Tac's performance yesterday was impressive, I did notice that any character that has the ability to pressure hard enough can make Peach's job overly difficult.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:17 pm
BR Member

Camden wrote:
I still feel like her lack of range is going to hurt her so much. While Tac's performance yesterday was impressive, I did notice that any character that has the ability to pressure hard enough can make Peach's job overly difficult.

Yeah, but that's what comes with many of the short ranged characters. If you main Peach, you have to learn how to space her aerials properly and know when the right moment is to capitalize on your opponent's mistakes. Once Peach gets in, she actually has some really nice, long combos that she can perform on most of the cast.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Yeah, I think that the only way for Peach to overcome certain bad matchups is use of turnips. Clever use of them can stop enemy combos short, and make it very difficult to approach you. There's a ton of untapped potential with turnips atm. I also feel like Tac3 wasn't using Peach nearly as well as he could have, there was a lack of b-airs and d-airs which are some of her better neutral game moves.

One thing you can do is pluck turnip -> item release -> autofloat cancel d-air/b-air or straightup d-smash. The moves hits the turnip and keeps it in air, so enemy approaches have to risk getting hit by the turnip. You can then float around the turnip and just use it as a wall. With the new turnip mechanics there are many ways to refresh the turnips, and it's pretty easy to get 3-4 turnips on screen in edgeguarding situations which just make it impossible for the opponent to recover.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Sorabotics wrote:
Camden wrote:

Yeah, but that's what comes with many of the short ranged characters. If you main Peach, you have to learn how to space her aerials properly and know when the right moment is to capitalize on your opponent's mistakes. Once Peach gets in, she actually has some really nice, long combos that she can perform on most of the cast.

This is one of the major issues I have with the character. Her combos actually aren't all that great. Even when she gets in, there still isn't too much she can do if the opponent knows what they're doing. You have to read your opponent's DI extremely well to combo well, tbh.

Also, she doesn't really have an easy time approaching because of how telegraphed her offensive options are. She doesn't really have too much other than floating in or throwing a turnip. =\

itahoharusa wrote:
Yeah, I think that the only way for Peach to overcome certain bad matchups is use of turnips. Clever use of them can stop enemy combos short, and make it very difficult to approach you. There's a ton of untapped potential with turnips atm. I also feel like Tac3 wasn't using Peach nearly as well as he could have, there was a lack of b-airs and d-airs which are some of her better neutral game moves.

One thing you can do is pluck turnip -> item release -> autofloat cancel d-air/b-air or straightup d-smash. The moves hits the turnip and keeps it in air, so enemy approaches have to risk getting hit by the turnip. You can then float around the turnip and just use it as a wall. With the new turnip mechanics there are many ways to refresh the turnips, and it's pretty easy to get 3-4 turnips on screen in edgeguarding situations which just make it impossible for the opponent to recover.

That is a pretty good idea to do. I like to have a turnip in play at all times whether I'm holding it or it's in the air.

Concerning Tac3, I told him myself that he wasn't properly utilising his air game, although his turnip play was fantastic.

Last edited by Quote on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm
BR Member

itahoharusa wrote:

Agreed. Also, spacing F-airs is more viable than it was before because now it has longer range and is more powerful. It tends to send opponents further horizontally than vertically unlike 0.9a, which is why it was always hard to KO opponents

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 pm

On the subject of F-airs, one thing that wasn't kept from Melee is F-air their shield into grab them in the lag that you cause from the f-air. I believe I saw someone trying to do it in the Indianapolis tourney and it failed; they instead got shield grabbed. It seems like f-air doesn't cause the shield lag that it did in Melee. Not sure if it was just a timing mistake though on the Peach player's part.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next