The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:40 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
Sheik 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Shine wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
Hakma wrote:
You aren't a good player if you don't pocket sheik
That's the most contradictory statement I've read this week.

Bouncing Fish wouldn't be bad if we alter how it worked. Give it a shorter traveling distance and less KO potential to turn it into a combo extended. She'll flip forward, bounce off her target in any direction you're holding as they get knocked upward and she can go into any of her aerials, Needles, Vanish, for a variety of follow-ups.

I would rather it keep the KO potential.

I like Zalo's idea better tbh.
Like it'd be better if her back air, up air, and usmash got better KO potential.

Also having bouncing fish as a combo tool awould make Shiek pretty fun.

Her up smash is strong when sweet spotted, maybe making the sweet spot bigger would be better.

Back air is fine as it is.

Up air I have been thinking about making it stronger.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:15 am

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Zalozis wrote:
Hakma wrote:
You aren't a good player if you don't pocket sheik
That's the most contradictory statement I've read this week.

cough

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:52 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
all of her aerials can be followed up with fair lol. 8^)

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:26 am

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
So... I found this neat trick Sheik can do!

Try running towards the edge of any platform and perform Vanish. Done successfully, Sheik will carry her momentum over the stage, similar to Mario's Cape Glide. I call it the Vanish Glide!

Its tricky to do over and over, and I don't think Sheik can glide far enough to grab the ledge, as far as I've tested it, she has always landed back on stage.I think this can be good for situational edgeguards and overall mindgames.

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:19 am

TSF|Corvid wrote:

Try running towards the edge of any platform and perform Vanish. Done successfully, Sheik will carry her momentum over the stage, similar to Mario's Cape Glide. I call it the Vanish Glide!

Its tricky to do over and over, and I don't think Sheik can glide far enough to grab the ledge, as far as I've tested it, she has always landed back on stage.I think this can be good for situational edgeguards and overall mindgames.

Cool.

I already know of it.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:48 am
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
More about that trick, if you press left and right while vanishing, and you space it right, you can snap to ledge. It starts shino stalling pretty well and pretty fancy if you want to gimp someone with the windbox.
And it is possible to dash out to the ledge and then snap to it by holding the direction. Just gotta have uber good spacing

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
TSF|Corvid wrote:

I can confirm that Sheik cannot generate enough speed on her own to grab the edge with this trick, I've already stress-tested this piece of technology.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:40 am
BR Member

Godot wrote:
TSF|Corvid wrote:

I can confirm that Sheik cannot generate enough speed on her own to grab the edge with this trick, I've already stress-tested this piece of technology.

huh? Damn, I'm sure I've done it. Must have been on Yoshi's story or I hallucinated

YouTube Video:

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:21 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
lol Sheik tech.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
JayVoltage wrote:
Godot wrote:
TSF|Corvid wrote:

huh? Damn, I'm sure I've done it. Must have been on Yoshi's story or I hallucinated

You can if you barely go off the edge, then hold left and right to teleport in place. But Sheik can't go fast enough on her own to do it by going off then holding towards the stage. She barely lands on the stage every time.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

MGN Username: mikael_fernandes
so,i'm now starting to use sheik.
any help on what should i do with her? (combo,strategies,IF THE STUPID CHAIN IS USEFUL )

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Waifu: Yume
Mikael-Fernandes wrote:
any help on what should i do with her? (combo,strategies,IF THE STUPID CHAIN IS USEFUL )

Needles are your best tool, use them to make approaching a lot easier.
The chain... I don't really use it. Sometimes I do for silly edgeguards, but other than that I don't recommend it.

Nair is a good approach option so long as you're safe about it, you can follow it up with a grab, dtilt.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:05 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Mikael-Fernandes wrote:

Utilize needles to the best of your ability. I can't stress that enough. It can be used to gimp, approach, interrupt moves, continue combos (via jab-resetting) and its one of Sheik's best combo starters since it has so much hitstun especially charged up.

Utilt is a great move to use in neutral. Good anti-air that has allows good followups (including another utilt).
Dtilt is also a great combo starter. Depending on how you use it and how well your spacing is, its usually safe and offers a solid approach mixup option. This move, along with dash attack and short-hop nair, are good followups on needles.

Dash dance and mixup your approaches a lot in neutral. Sheik's approaches are punishable and you are not going to have a good time if you stay predictable.

Sheik has one of the best punish-games out of the entire cast because it is so easy to combo into fair. Make the most of each hit you get since a lot of times in certain MUs Sheik will have trouble in neutral (like vs. Lloyd). Fair is Sheik's bread n butter. Most of your combos will end in fair (as well as your opponents life). Usually if fair doesn't kill, it'll still send em flying, and in a position to get edgeguarded.

Sheik's grabgame is a very important part of her playstyle. Mixup uthrow, fthrow, and dthrow. A followup is usually guaranteed and low-mid %'s as long as you react to the enemy DI. Bthrow is janky af', and semispikes fastfallers offstage. Bthrow is also a good way to start a techchase onstage.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:48 pm
BR Member

Godot wrote:
JayVoltage wrote:
Godot wrote:
TSF|Corvid wrote:

You can if you barely go off the edge, then hold left and right to teleport in place. But Sheik can't go fast enough on her own to do it by going off then holding towards the stage. She barely lands on the stage every time.

HA. I did it! try doing it out of your initial dash. I was doing it on yoshi's story. Going to try the other stages
EDIT: Yeah it's doable on every stage

YouTube Video:

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:38 am

JayVoltage wrote:
Godot wrote:
JayVoltage wrote:
Godot wrote:
TSF|Corvid wrote:

HA. I did it! try doing it out of your initial dash. I was doing it on yoshi's story. Going to try the other stages
EDIT: Yeah it's doable on every stage

Damn Jay calm down man, it's not that serious.

You BR members never cease to amaze me.

Anyway how useful do you think it is?

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:10 am
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next