The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:24 am

[ 5 posts ] 
SSF2 HYPE! Teams Tournament 4 - Doq|Chaunch vs. Kyoz|M7 II 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Here we go again... Time for the next HYPED! Teams Tournament!

Go sign up here: http://challonge.com/SSF2_HYPE_Team_Tournament4

SSF2 HYPE! Teams Tournament 1: http://challonge.com/kgvuq3g3
SSF2 HYPE! Teams Tournament 2: http://challonge.com/SSF2_HYPE_Team_Tournament2
SSF2 HYPE! Teams Tournament 3: http://challonge.com/SSF2_HYPE_Team_Tournament3

The HYPE! All-Stars System:

Each team that participates in at least one HYPE! event gets into the scoreboard below. The higher you rank, the more points you get! (Obviously.) Score is adjusted to the amount of teams participating. That means if you win a 6 team tournament you´ll get 5 points, but if you win a 16 Teams big HYPE! Tourney, you will earn 15 points! Players collect points only for their team. This requires that teams actually have both members listed, and if you enter as the same team in several events, please choose the same orders. I don´t wanna see Team A|B for one day and the next tourney it is Team B|A. This score tracking is hard enough, no need to compicate it further! Additionally, starting with HYPE! 3 (THIS ONE), the two best teams will duke it out in an epic 2vs2, Bo1 to see who is the best team out there! Winning an All-Stars Battle gives the team +1 point for the scoreboard. If one team doesn´t attend, the other wins via forfeit. If one player doesn´t attend for the tourney, you can go either 1vs2 or quit out. For the rare case that one player is in the best two teams, the other two team mates will duel in an 1v1 Bo1 Battle.

SSF2 HYPE ALL-STARS: show
1.) DoqtorKirby|Chaunch (TEAM BAW) - 6 pts.
2.) Kyoz|Miracle--7 (The Eclipse) - 5 pts.
3.) NStinct|Lite - 4 pts.
4.) Block|Huey - 4 pts.
5.) Mr. Z|Shine! - 3 pts.
6.) Skailler|TheCodeSamurai (Team BR) - 3 pts.
7.) Boomanter|TheSol - 3 pts.
8.) Skailler|Boomanter - 2 pts.
9.) GreeNinja|DarkVillager - 1 pt.
10.) Marvin|DarkVillager - 1 pt.
11.) NStinct|Eldog & Doqtor Kirby|TheRealHeroofWinds - 0 pts.

Upcoming HYPE! All-Stars Battle at HYPE! 4

DoqtorKirby|Chaunch vs. Kyoz|Miracle--7

Tournament starts on Saturday, April 4th at 10:30 PM CEST, check in opens 30 minutes earlier. And get a time calculator if you need one.

IMPORTANT NOTE AHEAD:

Save the replay of your matches and put them as attachments at the results screen. Save the replay of your matches and put them as attachments at the results screen. I plan on uploading the most entertaining sets to YouTube, so make sure you dont miss your hyped matches!

IMPORTANT NOTE AHEAD:

Dont complain about the bracket until I SAY that it is final. Once I announce the final bracket, reload the site to see if your matches changed.

This tourney will be done as a Teams Tournnament, hecne the name. To register, you have to enter your name and your partner´s name in a fashion like this: Skailler/Partner. Only one team member has to register. You can have two substitution partner if your partner can´t go on/can´t attend at all. If your substitution partners can´t play as well, you can decide wheter or not you want to continue 2v1 or quit. Keep in mind that you can´t enter alone, this is a TEAM TOURNAMENT. In addition to check in, teams have to appear in the SSF2 IRC channel: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channe ... .rizon.net Any teams not in the IRC will be kicked. If only one Team member shows up, the other has 10 minutes to appear before he gets kicked. Keep in mind that you still have to check in on this site!

RULESET:

- 3 stocks, 7 minutes; matches that are played under different circumstances WON´T BE COUNTED!

- Team damage is ON

- Seeding is determined by how well you did in the previous HYPE! events. Winning an HYPE! All-Star Battle gives you 2 points for the All-Stars scoreboard, meaning you can get higher seeds!

- Each round has a set time limit of 50 minutes each (70 for Bo5). The timer starts right at the beginning of the set, and NOT with Game 1. So, once the previous Round is over, the timer starts right away. If some matches arent decided yet, the team with the higher score so far. If no match has been played in that set/the current score is tied, the team with the higher score difference (4 wins/2 losses=2points for that) wins. If this is equal as well, the team with the higher seed number is declared the winner (Seeding No. 2 beats Seeding No. 5 in this case).

- Starter Stages: Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS ( both stages can be stricken at once), Battlefield, Smashville, Pokémon Stadium 3, Dreamland

- Counterpicks: Tower of Salvation (cannot be played on if FD/3DS is stricken), Yoshi´s Story, Castle Siege (Hazards off/on), Sky Sanctuary Zone, Dracula´s Castle, Jungle Hijinx, Wario Ware.

- Stage striking: Teams use the 1-2-2-1 stage striking system to decide which stage to play on. After the first match, the winning team strikes 3 stages from the list above, and the other team can choose which stage to play on. You cannot choose the stage you last won on (Dave´s Stupid Rule).

- After each match, the winning team has to declare wether or not one of them/both players switch characters. After that, the losing team can switch if they want, but have to state that as well. Ignoring this once results in a stock loss for both players, and a scond time costs the match.

- If the game lags too much, the game ends with a tie. If the problem keeps occuring, console me and I will have to personally determine the winning team based off the replays off the previous matches.

- No whining about team colour. You agree on your colours yourself. If someone is partially colourblind or stuff like that, I highly recommend one team to pick blue to avoid any Johns and/or use tags.

- Regular matches are Bo3, Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are Bo5.

- Items are off of course. Same goes for hazards, with the possible exception of Castle Siege.

- No excessive stalling. You can play safe/defensive if you are 1vs2 behind, but dont just go camp under the stage for all eternity. Each player is allowed to go under the stage once per stockl. If he does that more than once, both Team members lose a stock. If the concerning player is alone, he forfeits two stocks instead.

- If one player uses the moves that kills both him and one opponent, the player who used the move claims the stock/ the win if both were on their last stock.

- Stock sharing allowed.

- Gentleman´s Clause is in affect. All of the rules can be altered/ignored if all four players agree to it.

- Most important of all: Have fun! I dont want people to rage about things, unless they get Wombo Combo´ed or stuff like that.

If you still have any questions, you can ask either me or TheCodeSamurai. Have fun and good luck!

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:52 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
1. Lack of bracket link
Skailler wrote:
- Each round has a set time limit of 50 minutes each (70 for Bo5). The timer starts right at the beginning of the set, and NOT with Game 1. So, once the previous Round is over, the timer starts right away. If some matches arent decided yet, the team with the higher score so far. If no match has been played in that set/the current score is tied, the team with the higher score difference (4 wins/2 losses=2points for that) wins. If this is equal as well, the team with the higher seed number is declared the winner (Seeding No. 2 beats Seeding No. 5 in this case).

I still think this is a bunch of malarkey.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:01 am
YIM WWW
BR Member

Thank you for telling me the link is missing... Fixed. The reason why I let the timer run once the Round and not Game 1 starts is that I want to prevent any kind of stalling (And then I come with a 50 minute timer). Im prolly paranoid right now, but I have the fear that one team will delay the first match so long that the other teams are already halfway through Game 3 when this team didnt even start.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 am
BR Member

Double... Post... DOH

I want to add something to the HYPE! series: Replays!..... Yeah, not that new. Teams were supposed to save their replays befoe as well, but to be hones, nobody cared. But from now on, I plan on uploading the Grand Finals of each HYPE! event and some of the most entertaining sets from other rounds. I will only upload full sets tho, so dont just save one replay and expect me to upload it! This idea came to my mind when I thought about streaming GF... But I guess 4 players is a bit too much. Instead, I can uplaod the matches, allowing you to stream afterwards if you wish! (Or jsut watch them normal) Im still wondereing if I should upload ALL sets... But I have the problems that A) That would burn my internet and B) like I said, nobody really cares about saving replays.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:32 pm
BR Member

I just found out that I wont be able to do the TO stuff due to personal issues... Well, not issues, but I wont be able to show up. (Fo´real this time) Sorry for sharing that this late, but I just found out. Im asking Code to take my spot, but if you cant show up as well, I will delay the tourney by one week. Or should I delay it anyways?

Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:46 pm
 [ 5 posts ]