The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:26 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

At Gregory's request Tsubaki nodded and joined the others that were staying in the room. It seemed to her that there was more mayhem in this room than there was in all the rest of the world. Between late arrivals that weren't as meek as Tsubaki, and the crazy white-haired girl screaming like mad, Tsubaki was starting to fear that this transfer might not have been a good idea.

As for Alice's speech, it was nothing new for Tsubaki, besides the part about the non-evil ghost. This Sir William had distracted her enough that soon the boy that had waved her over stirred. Now she was watching both him and the wailing child, but she made a mental note to speak to the knight later.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
To be honest Adi didn't think that far ahead when it came to punishment, just catching people in the act was hard enough but now that this new white-haired girl had attracted the attention of senior Pearson, he might as well roll with it. He walked up to junior Krol before he could even think about running.

"Junior Krol you have just earned yourself baby-sitting duty," Adi said as he grabbed hold of the unprepared boy and led him downstairs to his charge, "You are to keep her from harm until senior Pearson or I say otherwise. How you do it is up to you but do try to keep it in your pants eh?"

With a small pat on the back Adi left the younger boy to his assignment and turned back to the assembled. Ah yes, junior St. Augustine was getting uppity again.

"Junior St. Augustine, take junior Gram and Rickheight with you, with your three combined abilities, I wish for you to come up with ways to modify existing items so that may significantly interfere with spiritual phenomena. Once you are done you are to test them against the weapons that Li, junior Douglas and myself use."

He turned to Douglas,

"You will be sparring with Li and myself," he turned back to the rest, "Well, you have your assignments, let's get things done."

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:45 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus who was upstairs laughed at Adi's comment. " A baby-sitter how sweet" she manged to get out in between laughs. She stood up and fixed her hair before join the group in front of the ghost. She still wasn't sure about all this ghost stuff but she wanted to know more. What if they aren't stories? she thought. "She raised her hand to ask alice a question that was really bugging her.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
As the ghost appeared and the girl spoke, Jack wanted to do several things, but all were pointless. Instead, he thought over what he heard *Supernatural Defence Unit, oh I wish this was a joke, I've seen supernatural things but...fighting them? Wow these guys know how to make a first day for me interesting * Damian finished his thinking "session" and awaited someone named Gregory to show his Arte.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Adi took the lead for the exercise that the returning students would be doing. With Johnathan knowing his arte now and everyone having first hand experience dealing with spirits, the combat test would be completely different, and Adi thought this one through. Rather than dealing with simple spirits once more, the first years would test their science experiments against the spiritual weapons of Adi and Logan, and the flow enforced weapons coming from himself. In the meantime, Logan would spar with the 'dynamic duo' while they wait. With nothing more to add to the exercise, Li nodded to the group as a signal to get going.

The 'Sir William' that the other boy mentioned before materialized in front of Dom's eyes. This being his first time experiencing anything of the sorts, he jumped back at the sight. Was being able to see ghosts and spirits a shared trait of these people? And Supernatural Defense Unit? This was all so strange to Dom that for a moment he thought he was dreaming. After coming back to reality, Dom continued to listen in. Another boy, Gregory was asked to demonstrate his Arte. Despite not being the most educated, he figured out his abilities were classified as an Arte. Curious to what others could do, he waited patiently for Gregory to show his abilities.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Logan suppressed an expectant grin. While Adi had a tendency to wear the junior out quickly, sparring with him was always something to be looked forward to. However, this would be his first time practicing with Li. Adi's choice of arms varied from session to session, but Logan was interested in seeing what sort of weapons the other upperclassman preferred.
"Right to it, then." He said with anticipation.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm
Site Moderator

Gregory and Fiona

"I've gotten better." Gregory flatly responded. He started to practice more after what happened last year. He heard a couple things about his plays, although they weren't at all malicious. He could hit a ball hard, and could steal a base before anyone could notice. When it came to positioning his swing however, he was clumsy at it. Once he even managed to make it land right into the pitcher's mitt even!

Hearing Alice shook him out of those fond memories. Nodding to her request, he held out his left hand, the palm facing upwards. Without a sound, faint light emitting from the palm, slowly but steadily crawling from his arm, to all around his body. The brighter parts formed what seemed like wings shone out from his back, covering himself. The light was soothing to the eye, and he could feel his fatigue passing quickly. It would affect the group less, unless they decided to physically touch him. He left it on for a few more seconds, then formed his outstretched hand into a fist. Instantly, the light encircling him disappeared as he lowered his arm.

"My arte is the Ars Salutis of the Arte Angelorum. It's a healing arte, so its effects are subtle. Unless someone is injured or evil, which fortunately no one here is not." Gregory said, dryly.

"Laaaaaaame"

Fiona laughed as he finished explaining. How could she not? Invitation to some secret club, a bookshelf with ghosts in it, and finding out about some kind of supernatural "defense force" that would make her brother faint from the excitement. All of that ending with some fancy light show. She had to admit, looking at it made her feel a bit more energetic, but come on, she expected something better than that.

Gregory glanced at her with no expression, spotting her as the commenter. Thinking the look as a challenge, she made a short hop. Instead of falling down, she stayed in place, her legs bobbing in the air. Clapping her hands together, she extended her arms out, showing the newly formed chains between her hands. There were multiple thin links connected her palms. With a small motion of her fingers, the tips of her left fingers fired even tinier chains, which the tips on her right caught. She didn't have to connect them to herself, but it was easier to maintain them.

"Better than your power, right?" she grinned, before accidentally losing control of her levitation, causing her to land on her rear. The chains broke into pieces before disappearing. "It could use a better presentation first." Gregory said, helping the now blushing Fiona up.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:21 am

Lotus was deeply impressed by the sudden chains and light coming out of the others. She held her hand and focused on it....nothing happened. she growled at herself. She began to focus even more she deeply wanted to use some sort of power. still nothing happened. she growled even louder at herself. She began to wave her hand around trying to make it do something. And agian nothing happened. She emitted a deafing roar.When she did this she felt herself get a little weaker. The roar surprised her. She looked around at the before noticing and beautiful White tiger in the corner of the room. Lotus shrieked as she fell on the ground. The tiger slowly stood up and began walking toward the group.
Lotus felt a wierd connection to this Tiger. She stared at it when she got this sudden urge to hug it.So she stood up and ran over and hugged it. The tiger didn't do anything as Lotus flung herself at it,In fact it began to purr. Lotus looked at it before saying "Dot?" The tiger then licked her face as if to say "Yes. I'm dot. Who else would I be?" Lo0tus looked at the others and as "Can I keep it?"

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 am

In his mind, Damian was thinking over If such a prank as this could be pulled off. He had watched the boy demonstrate his powers and the girl as well, both were not too impressive but stunning nonetheless but when new girl apparently summoned a tiger, Damian concluded this was either a dream or real. He pinched himself to see which and to his dismay, felt the pain. "Damn It" He mumbled lowly, he then thought over what course of action to take now that there was a tiger in the room. Sadly, only two options existed, flee, or attack like a dumb a**. Neither action seemed useful, after all the girl hugged the damn tiger and instead of mauling her, It purred. "What the f***?" He remarked out loud, he wanted to avoid acting like his old self In this fancy place but the current situation brought it out. He wondered what abilities he had but felt like he did not want to find out. Instead, he continued to stand still watching and waiting for whatever would happen next.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:54 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Ok. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but Lotus' position was becoming fairly difficult to read. We'll just say that she's still up there with Alice and carry on. For future reference, please stick with the actions that you have made. I'll also make note to remind everyone, just in case, that unless we are fighting some sort of mob with a large amount of minions, try to avoid auto-hitting.

"That seems fairly doable," replied Evelyn as she floated over to Jonathan and Carter's side and hovered with her arms crossed. "Ok," she finally said after thinking for a few seconds "While I have my own idea, I'm curious as to what the mad scientist and the scholar can come up with, Adi says we need to create something that will interfere with spiritual phenomena. What do you think we should do?"

Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
((Junior Krol is still on baby sitting duty though.))

The three fighters of the club assembled as Adi stood between the both of them.

"Just a bit of normal sparring, as per the usual rules, hold back on your lethal strikes, use only the weapons you have on your person and stop when your opponent yields. The twist, if you will is that it is a three-way spar."

Without saying warning Adi jump and split kicked the both of them.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Leave it to Adi to propose a three way spar. Li did quite enjoy the idea though. This was a good opportunity to test an alternative weapon. The sudden kick from Adi did take him by surprise. Li couldn't react fast enough to dodge the attack, so he blocked what he could with his forearm. Quickly stepping back, he started to send spiritual energy through his arms into the sleeves of his shirt, acting in a similar fashion to the tonfa. With his hands free, Li could deal with his armed opponents much more easily. Seeing though that he was unarmed and this was a test run, Li knew he would have to be extra careful during this fight. He took a defensive stance, only planning on striking when a good counter attack opening became clear.

Healing glows to flying metal manipulators to summoning a tiger, Dom thought he saw it all. If he didn't know about his abilities already, he would have left the room in an instant. All of what he saw in the past five minutes really did start to feel like a dream to him. Still, his curiosity and his eagerness to control his own powers kept him there. After staring at the tiger for a few seconds, Dom figured it was his turn to show his stuff.

"I guess it's my turn?", he said. Not wanting to do something huge in a small room in fear of trashing the place, Dom decided to keep the movements small. Right away, he start pushing desks in the front row back to create a comfortable amount of room. With the desks pushed back, Dom prepared himself for a few seconds. He proceeded to jump in the air and do a backflip. A gust of wind got sent towards the group in the front, knocking over a few things off of the main desk. After landing, he starred back at the group, waiting for a verdict.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:00 pm

( OOC: sorry about that didn't mean to cause the confusion)

Lotus's hair blew around in the wind caused by Dom. she stood up next to her Tiger, dot. "So... what now?" Lotus asked the tall blonde girl. She wanted to know more about her gift. She Looked at Dot and she could tell that Dot was happy about something, but lotus wonder what. She thought a sec then asked "Is there somewhere we can go where I can have my tiger out and not get it trouble?"

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 am

Waifu: I'm married
Well this was surprising. Instead of a simple demonstration it turned into a talent show. Luckily they could pretty much skip the first step of the initiation, save two students, the one she had shown to the club and another who had strikingly blue eyes. Upon closer examination she noticed the former had an unsettling, almost hungry expression in his gaze. She had never met a disciple of the Artes Vitri, but according to hearsay they tended to be a bit weird so this must be the Vitri mentioned in Mis Rachel's note.

"A bit shy about your Arte?" She asked. "I've heard quite a bit about you. It's good to have you on board."

Daniel stayed silent. He wasn't comfortable showing off his abilities, in fact he wasn't even comfortable with the club as a whole. Having strange superpowers was fine, but these weren't like the magic he had seen. Once more the answer to his questions were completely out of reach.

The Animalium disciple brought forth a pretty good question. "Is there somewhere we can go where I can have my tiger out and not get it trouble?"

"People who aren't able to see spirits generally can't see familiars either. Still, having it run around in the school all day is a bad idea. Trust me, it's not a habit you should get into." Alice sighed, recalling all the trouble her own familiar caused. "When we're finished here you're pretty much going to get free access to the s****, so you can always just head down there."

Now for the last one, she thought. Using the process of elimination this must be Damian. "I'm guessing you don't know what your Arte is?" She inquired. He looked confused, maybe even scared. "Have you been seeing spirits for a long time? Or, have you ever had a traumatic experience like a heart attack or something?" The senior hoped to narrow it down quickly.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 am
YIM WWW

Damian watched as the senior spoke with some other kid who did not show his abilities either and then responded to the girl with the tiger. Then, the senior approached him, no doubt to ask him for his abilities if he even had any. She then asked as to whether or not he knew his Arte. Damian felt the answer to that was fairly obvious so he did not responded, but then the senior asked if he ever had a traumatic experience. Immediately, a flashback played in his head, he was sitting in a car but the car was completely totaled. There was blood on the windshield and smoke billowing from the front. He looked down and saw shrapnel from the car embedded in his chest, along with blood pouring down. The sound of an ambulance was heard in the distance and then, blackout. He woke up in the hospital with interesting news and a few days later returned home. Suddenly, he was here back in reality, he remembered her question and answered "I died once, woke up in the hospital alive again, since then I have seen a number of spirits. Does that answer your question?"

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:37 am
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 98  Next