The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:55 am

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Samus 

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
yeah I don't think its gonna work often but SH Zair is a good mixup option. You can even zair out of a airdoge to throw the opponent off guard

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:45 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Yupia wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
Bombs can be taken out and also, most opponents D.I. away or tech that in that situation, like roll away.

1) zair has enough range to cover any di,
2) if your forcing them to tech all the time your eventually gonna get a read.
3) even if its not true, its still a good mix up and can give samus more kill power which she needs badly.

If you ever get into a tech situation, you're not going to have time to drop a bomb and then zair. Even if you did have time it is an unoptimal followup.
If you ever put someone on the ground land, then react to their getup and dash cancelDsmash them. the only optimal mixup is a jab reset to Dsmash or Fsmash depending on DI hard reads

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Yupia wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
Bombs can be taken out and also, most opponents D.I. away or tech that in that situation, like roll away.

1) zair has enough range to cover any di,

Ummm, what are you even talking about? Their is a chance they won't be on the ground if they D.I. away, so zair covering the distance between Samus and the opponent wouldn't confirm into anything.

2) if your forcing them to tech all the time your eventually gonna get a read.

I don't think someone is gonna to let you put them into that situation all the time unless they are a really bad player or someone who is new to the game. Also, Samus only like one or two option to create tech chasing situations.

3) even if its not true, its still a good mix up and can give samus more kill power which she needs badly.

Ummm, you know having a kill option is different then having a kill confirm/kill set up right?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anybody here could dissect Samus' ledgedash, which I haven't really seen mentioned in any youtube videos. Thanks!

Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:45 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
dragonkiller93 wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if anybody here could dissect Samus' ledgedash, which I haven't really seen mentioned in any youtube videos. Thanks!

There are no ledgedashes in this game

If you were talking about Melee Samus, dont bother with it. Aerial Interrupt from the ledge is objectively superior to that.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Maybe he meant downb from the ledge :chibirobo:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:08 pm

OOPS! Sorry for the misinformation, I meant the thing where you roll along a platform while in ball mode after down b.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:22 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Morphslide. Basic samus tech.
YouTube Video:

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:57 pm

No, when you jump from under and roll the entire length of platform very fast. I have no idea how to upload the replay of me doing it, but it basically means you jump and about halfway through the jump use down b. Then you should go into ball form, and immediately after register as on top of the platform. By dashing, jumping then down b you can move along the entire platform very quickly.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm

MGN Username: Godreaper
As Masky said. You're revering to Morphslide. There's no other way for samus to travel that fast in this game. Well without the help of other character's windbox or something. Example:
https://gfycat.com/MediumPleasantJuliabutterfly

All her long sliding movements nearly always starts off with a bomb. As you need something to actually send you moving. there's no dash based movement like that for her.
Air/ground slide, mixed with rolls and dashes.
https://gfycat.com/ZigzagLawfulHermitcrab

When I get home from work i'll try to do exactly as you stated, but it seems like it's just morph slide.

Get Reaped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKAJyQcScs

Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Yes its a morphslide, but it works much better than just rolling out of a bomb jump from the ground. It is morphsliding but landing on a platform at the beginning to extend the duration of the slide.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:05 pm

OK I downloaded a minute long video of me trying it out, and it seems to work pretty well. Pardon my lack of skill, I don't really play samus. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7gd6xoimgfgo7g6/Untitled_Replay.2017-04-25.v0.9.1.1982.ssfrec

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:41 pm

dragonkiller93 wrote:
OK I downloaded a minute long video of me trying it out, and it seems to work pretty well. Pardon my lack of skill, I don't really play samus. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7gd6xoimgfgo7g6/Untitled_Replay.2017-04-25.v0.9.1.1982.ssfrec

Can you cool it down on the multiple post, their is a edit button at the top right of a post so you don't have to keep constantly making new posts.

I never seen some of them movement options in action, they look great.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

I have found another weird tech which is quite helpful for Samus players. So basically when you charge shot and then press right or left while charging, then you will roll. So if you press your special button then immediately left or right it will pretty much be a roll. But each time you perform this charge roll, you actually charge up your shot a little each time. If you start with 0 charge, then charge roll 19 times you should fill up the charge shot completely. So by using this charge roll instead of a regular roll, the charge shot will charge faster, allowing for more combos. I think this is already popular but I'm not really sure. Here is a link to a video of me trying this out. http://www.mediafire.com/file/iu5a7fm8tx24i1a/Samus_charge.2017-04-25.v0.9.1.1982.ssfrec

Edit: Added link

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:16 pm

dragonkiller93 wrote:
I have found another weird tech which is quite helpful for Samus players. So basically when you charge shot and then press right or left while charging, then you will roll. So if you press your special button then immediately left or right it will pretty much be a roll. But each time you perform this charge roll, you actually charge up your shot a little each time. If you start with 0 charge, then charge roll 19 times you should fill up the charge shot completely. So by using this charge roll instead of a regular roll, the charge shot will charge faster, allowing for more combos. I think this is already popular but I'm not really sure. Here is a link to a video of me trying this out. http://www.mediafire.com/file/iu5a7fm8tx24i1a/Samus_charge.2017-04-25.v0.9.1.1982.ssfrec

Edit: Added link

It's called charge canceling and most people just hold shield instead of rolling.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next