The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 pm

[ 13 posts ] 
Cav's unnoticed galleryfull of unfinished sprites- Assassins 

Currently Playing: Terraria
Copy n' pasted from the EF.

Note: Some really are unfinished, some will be finished later, depends on my mood. :U

Okay, maybe not as good as Ezio, for some reason.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Hmm, probably the most attempted person(or thing) I've tried to sprite. For the record, that's a pose of him walking. After I find out how to shrink it without messing up the quality(AND GET THE DAMN FUR EFFECT DOWN), and maybe some other minor things, I'll make him an expansion.

Victini
NOt much to say.

Captain Jose or something
Something Spongey requested.

Headless Bisharp
Uh, no head.

Unfinished small Ezio
Still kinda big. As you can see, I realy haven't bothered to finish it. Probably won't, because I'm not satisfied with the outline. You can attempt to shade if you want.

Heavy
Nothing much to say here except that it's... okay, I guess.

Faceless Mewtwo
Uh, no face. Simple.

Zoroark
IT WAS ME.

Samurai Nobodie that was for SIlver but she never used it.
:c AND I WORKED SO HARD

Giant Ezio
I'm a man of details, so I went ahead and got it out of my system. Note: this is NOT the Final copy, I lost it because my computer reset, as well as... (go down one)

FE 12 Marth
Which was coming along REALLY well after this phase. Except I was stupid enough not save it. Same with the smaller Ezio, you can attempt to shade if you want.

Hairless Killua
Derp. His hair is a b**** to make right.

Image Image
Master Cheif, for the spriting competition. Forgot to post him here, so yeah. And I'm working on an Arbiter.

EDIT: I will replace these eventually, when I get off my lazy a**. I'll make them smaller, too.

THe Black Knight, FE; Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. I could've done better, I guess.

Ganondorf without a head. Uh, TP costume... I need to make the head..

Marth. Damnit, why does everyone call him gay? He's epic, damnit. The head could be better.

Myself in JUS form. I used a chair to show how lazy I am.

Kenichi's mubyoshi. It'll be his N special.

Kenichi's idle animation.

Apachi from HSDK(History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.) Edits. The first one was pretty bad.

Zero. Yes. Too gradualy shaded, though.

A expansion maker test thing.

OOOOOOOOOOOOLD. Matt from EBF3, though old doesn't always mean bad. BTW, the sword was like that in the game.

Lance from EBF3, The head made the whole sprite look worse. :L

Grim from the Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy. It's old, like, way old. I'll revamp it eventually, since I'm gonna make him an expansion.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:46 pm

The detail is amazing. I also tried to put hair on your Killua and I failed.

I think Apachai needs to be a bit lighter. Only his skin by the way.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:13 pm

You're lacking some form/posture in most of the sprites, but the amount of detail and attention to shading is superb.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. CAPTAIN JOSE FROM NINJA BASEBALL BATMAN!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:13 am

Road Hog wrote:
The detail is amazing. I also tried to put hair on your Killua and I failed.

I think Apachai needs to be a bit lighter. Only his skin by the way.

Thanks. Yeah, me too. Hmm, alright, though I might eventually not end up doing it. Depends.

♪Second Chance♫ wrote:
You're lacking some form/posture in most of the sprites, but the amount of detail and attention to shading is superb.

Thanks, any idea how I can fix it? You're the second person to tell me this, and I still haven't figured out a way to fix it.

Quote:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. CAPTAIN JOSE FROM NINJA BASEBALL BATMAN!!!

Yes.

Also, I'm working on a walk for Ezio. Expect it eventually.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 pm

cav10281 wrote:
♪Second Chance♫ wrote:

Thanks, any idea how I can fix it? You're the second person to tell me this, and I still haven't figured out a way to fix it.

I would suggest looking at pre-existing sprites, even pictures of real people would do. A lot of the posture also lies in the VERY first steps of the sprites, heck if you are off by a line on a stick figure before you start adding real form - it can destroy a sprite. What you should do to get better is to make really simple sprites but work on your form and shape, if you upload them here I'll keep helping as long as you keep trying. From my previous experiences I've noticed that if I help you fix all of your current sprites you won't get any better at spriting. So whadya say?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 pm

♪Second Chance♫ wrote:
cav10281 wrote:
♪Second Chance♫ wrote:

I would suggest looking at pre-existing sprites, even pictures of real people would do. A lot of the posture also lies in the VERY first steps of the sprites, heck if you are off by a line on a stick figure before you start adding real form - it can destroy a sprite. What you should do to get better is to make really simple sprites but work on your form and shape, if you upload them here I'll keep helping as long as you keep trying. From my previous experiences I've noticed that if I help you fix all of your current sprites you won't get any better at spriting. So whadya say?

I'll say I'm finally glad someone decides to help me. I've been at it for around a year and a half and can bet I haven't had more than 40 posts of crit. And right, I know that stickfigure thing too. I actually don't sprite like that anymore, I pretty much just jump in(usually with a reference of some sort). I can also crit myself a decent amount, which is the only reason I've actually gotten this far, so I appreciate the help.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 pm

cav10281 wrote:
♪Second Chance♫ wrote:
cav10281 wrote:
♪Second Chance♫ wrote:

I'll say I'm finally glad someone decides to help me. I've been at it for around a year and a half and can bet I haven't had more than 40 posts of crit. And right, I know that stickfigure thing too. I actually don't sprite like that anymore, I pretty much just jump in(usually with a reference of some sort). I can also crit myself a decent amount, which is the only reason I've actually gotten this far, so I appreciate the help.

Ya np - and even if your a pro you NEVER skip steps =p

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:33 pm

You know, you don't have to use a skeleton(the stick figure). Some people use one, some people don't. Not using one isn't skipping a step, it's pretty optional.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Glitch wrote:
You know, you don't have to use a skeleton(the stick figure). Some people use one, some people don't. Not using one isn't skipping a step, it's pretty optional.

Its optional if you hafe an extremely good eye for detail/perspective. His characters are obviously lacking prespective/posture because hes starting from a random point and adding on with no direction, that's why he needs to go through all the steps.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 am

OMG! That Captian Jose sprite is awesome!
Could you try doing the rest of the Ninja Baseball Batman cast? Just asking x)

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Nice

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
:wee:

I see pontential.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:39 pm
 [ 13 posts ]