The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:26 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Hopeless Zone 

---------------------------------------------

The tension between the world's superpowers consistently rose over several centuries, its resolution being the complete opposite of peace. Earth was not created to be able to withstand the destructive weapons man had created and as a result, it was put into a permanent state of nuclear winter. The only things that survived were a few kinds of plants, several species of insects and a tiny fraction of the human population before the exchange of attacks. The radiation of the bombs affected a few of said insects and plants which allowed them to quickly evolve to be able to thrive in the constant blizzards and freezing temperature - unfortunately for everything else, they were unable to benefit from it and instead slowly died from the disease it created.

Humans were still able to adapt and hold off the disease with medicine found from the quickly changing plants, but not all of it functioned as a cure; some did nothing, and some only killed the consumer faster. Groups of people tried to grow several of the plants that worked against the disease, but they evolved and changed too quickly, making it impossible. The only way to find it was to grow a gigantic amount, take anything that had blue flowers and leave the rest. Ironically, the signifying symptom of the disease was one's vision starting to filter everything into a blue color, but there was nothing else; everything would be completely fine sans their sight for several days, until it hit the final stage, where the victim quickly died. Because of the rarity of plants with a blue flower that worked, not everyone could be saved. As such, several of them went insane over the thought and the sickness earned the name "Crazy Blue", while the plant was only called the "cure".

Eventually, time was lost, birthdays became meaningless since dates no longer existed. The season? There are no seasons. Food? Insects and leafy plants, hopefully not poisonous. The word "winter" became lost as well, since it was a widely accepted fact that snow would never stop falling from the sky. However, human intelligence had survived and continued moving forward.

"Scientists", as they are called, are trying to find a way to isolate and remove the gene that causes the cure plant to change into a completely different species when it reproduces. However, without the help of machines - or just the materials to create them - it was considered impossible. They could only hope that nature was still kind enough to create a non-mechanical method to do it.

You're only one of the descendants of the survivors, but since your kind is so scarce anyway, you have the ability to change everything. Are you going to help the scientists research for a reliable cure? Just stay still and hope for the best? Or are you going to steal from the people who are already struggling to live? There is nothing telling you otherwise, but everything you do will have a lasting impact on humanity.

Name (Alias, if desired)
Role: (Farmer, nurse, thief, etc. (Just write villager or something if the character has no special role)
Personality:
Motive: (Helping scientists? Doing nothing? Selfishly taking from others?)
Biography: (Doesn't matter if it's really short or nothing special, you're all in a f*** post-apocalyptic world anyway)
Notes:

Velosareon
Ireon
Appearance: A twelve year old boy, with dirty darkish brown hair in all directions, and wearing something that looks like a tattered white lab coat. He has dirty, and tattered jeans that are usually rolled up to the knees and look like they've been worn by hundreds of people before.
Role: A scout/nurse/scientist
Personality: Tries to be kind and nice to most of the people, but has a short temper and can get angry very easily.
Motive: Helping scientists, and trying to help the diseased.
Bio: He's an orphan, like most kids are, and he was born gifted. He his intelligent, and unlike some boys, he uses his brains to try to help the cause, not steal from others cunningly. He doesn't know who his parents were, but he viewed them to have helped the scientist as well.
Notes: Can get overexcited and very angry easily.

Kiki
Barbara-Jean Miller
Appearance: Curly red locks frame her freckled face while the rest of her hair is kept in a tight braid tied with a stained white ribbon. Despite the severe cold she wears a short sleeved plaid shirt with a pair of jeans overalls with a pocket on both sides near her hip. She is fairly strong looking and she has a fierce glare with her sharp green eyes. She's usually seen with her pitchfork and bright red handkerchief tied around her neck. She has an air of rugged beauty deeply hidden under the dirt that usually clouds her cheeks and her hands as she works in the soil.
Role: Farmer
Personality: Barbara-Jean is a fiery incarnation of what once was the Southern Belle. She despises thieves, lazy people, the truly ancient stereotypes about "country folk", the banjo, and a plethora of other things. It's true that she's hard to get along with but that doesn't mean one shouldn't make an effort. She's highly protective of her friends and is not one to give up easily.
Motive: Helping scientists through her cultivation of the blue flowers.
Biography: For as long as she can remember her family has worked on a farm of some sort, even during the nuclear wars her forefathers farmed within the bomb shelters. It was their way of life and they refused to shift from it. Barbara-Jean is the same, she protects her family's heritage through attempting to grow her own blue flower crop...among other mutated plants.
Notes: Barbara-Jean despises country music.

f**
Matthew (or Matt) Luke
Appearance: Matt is a very average looking male, except for maybe his slanted grey eyes and a scar on the upper part of his left cheek. He has a thin mouth, and is sort of light skinned. His hair is silky and chocolate colored. He wears a light, hooded jacket, usually zipped up, with a plain black shirt under. Dark blue gloves cover his hands. He wears black pants, in which he hides his small knife. He uses very worn out shoes.
Role: Thief
Personality: He's a very deceiving person, and will usually act very nicely towards most people, as to trick them into trusting him. Despite this, every once in a while, his actions are genuine and hopes to actually become friends with certain people. He does not get mad very easily, and will sometimes give up on something very easily.
Motive: He depends on stealing from farmers and other villagers for survival, and so far, he hasn't been caught.
Biography: Matthew grew up with his aunt and uncle, who like him, were both thieves. He was actually a very intelligent and nice kid when he was younger, but sometime during his early teen years, both his aunt and uncle died, which was when he found himself alone, and saw stealing as the only way to survive. He continues to do this.
Notes: He's about 22-24, but no one even remembers dates or ages so f*** that.

I don't care if it never launches or I never even get a character submission (Would be nice though), I just wanted to write some s***.

Last edited by {420}sMoKeWeEd{420} on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 pm

This looks really interesting. I really want to join an RP so...

Name: Ireon (No last name)
Appearance: A twelve year old boy, with dirty darkish brown hair in all directions, and wearing something that looks like a tattered white lab coat. He has dirty, and tattered jeans that are usually rolled up to the knees and look like they've been worn by hundreds of people before.
Role: A scout/nurse/scientist
Personality: Tries to be kind and nice to most of the people, but has a short temper and can get angry very easily.
Motive: Helping scientists, and trying to help the diseased.
Bio: He's an orphan, like most kids are, and he was born gifted. He his intelligent, and unlike some boys, he uses his brains to try to help the cause, not steal from others cunningly. He doesn't know who his parents were, but he viewed them to have helped the scientist as well.
Notes: Can get overexcited and very angry easily.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 pm

I-it's not like I wanted you to post a bio or anything! Hmph! Well, if you insist, I guess I'll add you to the rp!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Why? I fell in love with the story! I wanna try out my first RP on MG anyways. The section's dying and I missed the golden days. I want to have some of the fun though!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 pm
Site Admin

Name Barbara-Jean Miller
Appearance: Curly red locks frame her freckled face while the rest of her hair is kept in a tight braid tied with a stained white ribbon. Despite the severe cold she wears a short sleeved plaid shirt with a pair of jeans overalls with a pocket on both sides near her hip. She is fairly strong looking and she has a fierce glare with her sharp green eyes. She's usually seen with her pitchfork and bright red handkerchief tied around her neck. She has an air of rugged beauty deeply hidden under the dirt that usually clouds her cheeks and her hands as she works in the soil.
Role: Farmer
Personality: Barbara-Jean is a fiery incarnation of what once was the Southern Belle. She despises thieves, lazy people, the truly ancient stereotypes about "country folk", the banjo, and a plethora of other things. It's true that she's hard to get along with but that doesn't mean one shouldn't make an effort. She's highly protective of her friends and is not one to give up easily.
Motive: Helping scientists through her cultivation of the blue flowers.
Biography: For as long as she can remember her family has worked on a farm of some sort, even during the nuclear wars her forefathers farmed within the bomb shelters. It was their way of life and they refused to shift from it. Barbara-Jean is the same, she protects her family's heritage through attempting to grow her own blue flower crop...among other mutated plants.
Notes: Barbara-Jean despises country music.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 pm

D-don't get the wrong idea! It's not like I want you to post or anything!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:08 pm

You have a gift Sayo! It's like a bit of Whim rubbed onto you when you had that night of passion~

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:18 pm

I guess ill try this

Name:Dante Ikizuo
Appearance:19 years old, Black scruffed/dashed hair, White interior/Black Exterior coat, White shirt, Blue worn Jeans, black bare gloves, and Casual Boots
Personality: Not mostly happy... Partial of sadness and mostly hopeless... Doesn't give of the future or past
Motive: Does nothing... All hopeless in a corner searching for food and shelter... He helps other people by stealing from others what they need
Biography: Tossed from his parents into the wilderness... Dante grew up all alone in a corner for several years... At 19 years old, he is looking for a reason...
A reason to live... Until one day he mets a certain person he recognizes that comes and helps him along the way... Who could it be?
Notes:Dante helps other out... He survives throughout his years to find his own destiny... Also, hes new to many of the things in the world (Including chocolate)

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:19 pm

I don't mind the clothing since it's impossible to have them without the materials to make them, but thrown out into the wilderness? You would DIE. You'd DIE within five minutes, maybe less. Steal from others to help the ones in need? EVERYONE's in need.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Is there radiation and s***?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm

Oops. Lol. Let me fix it a bit
Gyro wrote:
I guess ill try this

Appearance:19 years old, Black scruffed/dashed hair, White interior/Black Exterior coat, White shirt, Blue worn Jeans, black bare gloves, and Casual Boots
Personality: Not mostly happy... Partial of sadness and mostly hopeless... Doesn't give of the future or past
Motive: Does nothing... All hopeless in a corner searching for food and shelter... He steals only to save himself... To find his own reasons
Biography: His parents tossed him into the cold... Dante grew up all alone in a corner for several years... At 19 years old, he is looking for a reason...
A reason to live... Until one day he mets a certain person he recognizes that comes and helps him along the way... Who could it be?
Notes:Dante helps other out... He survives throughout his years to find his own destiny... Also, hes new to many of the things in the world (Including chocolate)

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:41 pm

AGGHHH YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT AT ALL! Nothing but several plants and bugs have survived! There's no chocolate! He would die if he were kicked out as a baby! People survive by eating edible plants and insects! They live in wooden houses from the tree-like plants! They get water from melting ice! They plant things in dirt after digging away the snow! Scientists just sit around playing with plants as research!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:04 am

Sayo, calm down. If you don't think Gyro gets your plot, or isn't mature enough for this game, then don't accept him. It's that easy.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:10 am

Velosareon wrote:
Sayo, calm down. If you don't think Gyro gets your plot, or isn't mature enough for this game, then don't accept him. It's that easy.

I understand the plot very well but im a little new to understanding these types so i can use it to create my character

CLAGILOSTRL wrote:
AGGHHH YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT AT ALL! Nothing but several plants and bugs have survived! There's no chocolate! He would die if he were kicked out as a baby! People survive by eating edible plants and insects! They live in wooden houses from the tree-like plants! They get water from melting ice! They plant things in dirt after digging away the snow! Scientists just sit around playing with plants as research!

Well that was summed up well so ill try once more...

Edit:I got some help on it. Is this better?

Appearance:19 years old, Red worn scarf, White Plain shirt, Blue worn Jeans, black gloves, and Casual Boots
Motive: Does nothing... Just stuck at home. He goes outside searching for food and shelter... He steals only to save himself... To find his own reasons...
Biography: Born without parents in a wooden house all alone and cared by his friends... Dante grew up all alone in a corner for several years, eating whatever crawls passed him to survive... There was no trace of his parents... He used to work as a scientist but betrayed by stealing a few items from the lab... Now all alone in his house, he tries to find a
reason to live... Until one day he mets a certain person he recognizes that comes and helps him along the way...
Notes: Dante Mostly cares of himself... He only intends to help people only once in a while

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:33 am

Yeah mediocre fine I guess. Why the f*** do you use so much ellipses?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:31 pm
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next