The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:18 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
i never bought smash bros 

so i remember when both smash 4 and pokemon sun and moon came out, people were saying "no way this is the best thing ever, there's no way nintendo can best this. this is the ideal way to play smash/pokemon" and then half a year passed and people started complaining about them not being true to the "feeling" these games used to create

now that smash 5 has been out for about half a year, what do you guys think. does it still hold up?

Sun May 26, 2019 6:11 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I don't remember anyone saying that about either game but ESPECIALLY not smash

Wii U was cool for the characters it added but the lack of single player was really disappointing & competitive (melee) fans definitely didn't get what they were looking for

Ultimate made great strides in both those places so I would genuinely say it's Apex Smash for me. Melee fans are always gonna prefer the depth of that game - and I get it - but for most people Ultimate is probably as good as it's ever gonna get

Sun May 26, 2019 8:51 am

Please

Sun May 26, 2019 10:40 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
I think Ultimate still holds up to the platforming/fighting game style all it's predecessors had! All we need is a mode where you can play all the Classic Modes, kind of like Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, but there's only 6 games and they have better graphics.

YouTube Video:

Sun May 26, 2019 1:18 pm
Site Moderator

the new pokemon games are so slow i don't know how they can even keep the target audience. what ten year old is gonna be waiting for a billion laggy 3d animation cycles of a fireball to finish when they can just play fortnite, the free third person shooter by epic games

Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Overall, it certainly does hold up. They don't call the game Super Smash Bros Ultimate for nothing!

All it's really missing is a proper SSE Story Mode with an overarching plot and cutscenes. World of Light is pretty much like Milky Way Wishes in the story department:

The world's in trouble, you start with plain old Kirby and slowly get more stuff that's needed to save the world (other characters), there's a sudden plot twist with dharkon and then an epic final boss and bam, world's saved. (Well there are bad endings if you pick a side between dharkon and winged thanos but those are just fancy game overs)

It's also missing Waluigi, but nobody really cares about that. At least I'll get him in SSF2.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sun May 26, 2019 4:00 pm
Site Moderator

Sonario wrote:
nobody really cares about that.
delete this

Sun May 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Term wrote:
Sonario wrote:
nobody really cares about that.
delete this

Just read this article, and everything will make sense.

https://www.fanbyte.com/features/why-wa ... mash-bros/

YouTube Video:

Sun May 26, 2019 4:53 pm
Site Moderator

That's some enormous speculation & it paints the man as bitter and spiteful

Sakurai loves to put in unexpected characters, yes, but not at the expense of highly demanded ones. I believe he said in an interview recently that Ridley, K. Rool and Simon's inclusions happened specifically because they were highly requested in the ballot (in addition to Bayonetta, of course)

The reality is just that Sakurai has a lot of factors pulling from all sides - who will the fans enjoy, who will be surprising, who does Nintendo want, what f***' Pokemon do I gotta put in this time - and sacrifices are gonna have to be made every time. I doubt Sakurai is even aware of the controversial nature of the discourse about Waluigi online - it just hasn't been time for that character yet. I got Ridley and Krool, so I can't complain much.

Sun May 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
All the Waluigi talk that went on leading up to Ultimate's release practically guarantees him a spot later on. Maybe not the next smash, but Waluigi is nearly as big a hype building tool as Ridley or K. Rool, and it seems likely they're gonna want to take advantage of that sometime.

Also that article is garbage, it goes beyond speculation and into the territory of flat-out imagination on the "journalist's" part. Ignore it.

Sun May 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Nonya wrote:
Also that article is garbage. Ignore it.

You're garbage and on my ignore list. #GETREKT

YouTube Video:

Sun May 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Kirby.EXE wrote:
Nonya wrote:
Also that article is garbage. Ignore it.

You're garbage and on my ignore list. #GETREKT

you responded to someone you're supposedly ignoring

Mon May 27, 2019 11:39 am

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
i dont trust any of those gaming journalists so consider the link invalid

out of ideas here '-'

Mon May 27, 2019 1:04 pm
Site Moderator

its not journalism. it's more of a speculatory blog post

Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Ultimate isn't flawless, but also the whole game isn't really out yet. Like Stage Builder was in the 3.0 update, and we still don't have the basic single player extras like Target Test or Home Run Contest. As far as it goes for platform fighters though it feels really good to just play, it feels much better than Smash 4 does, but it might still feel like crap compared to what ever the next smash game is, I don't play enough other platform fighters to know. The CPUs are really good this game and high level ones aren't just less dumb, they actually use advanced techniques like parrying and teching on purpose. Hazards off and other small but noticeable quality of life changes for playing make a huge difference. Spirits were a big selling spot and are fun for like 1 run of WoL and some change but are not the ideal way to experience nintendo and gaming as a whole's history through Smash Bros over trophies (because of descriptions that actually inform you about that history).

If you aren't the type to compulsively buy everything Nintendo, then Smash Ultimate is still a good buy if you plan on playing with friends, either hardcore or casually, but probably isn't worth it to play mostly single player.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 pm
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next