The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 am

[ 971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 65  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XII [All Stars] 
SSF2 Developer

ANOTHER investigavive role, are you kidding me?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm
SSF2 Developer

Anyways, I doubt Believeblood is Mafia, or even Third-Party. Why would he claim such a risky role? Well, at least in my opinion, it's risky, since there's not that high a probability that there is yet another investigative role. If he were Mafia or Third-Party, he might try something more subtle instead. Or was he thinking that there was probably no more investigative roles in the game, and therefore no one would give a Counter-Claim?

I mean, his Cop isn't as powerful as a normal Cop, I guess. So it is KIND OF possible for him and the two others to be all investigative.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
Tracker + Band Comparer + Origin Tracker?

Hmm. This limits our possible scum, though.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:20 pm

That Person wrote:
I agree. However, if he is telling the truth, we can scratch out the fact that he is a third party.

I'm sorry I meant that if he was telling the truth, then brik isn't a third party. Should have been more clear.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 pm
SSF2 Developer

^ Are you Third-Party? Because right now, you're one of our prime suspects. Well, not really you, I guess, since you just came. But you know what I mean.

If you are, please claim. Thanks.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 pm

I can see why you think I am suspicious, but no, I am not a third party, just a townie. Granted this will not exactly be believable as I have just joined in, but still, might as well say it.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ok. Either Believeblood is a really lucky scumbag, or he is telling the truth. I am inclined to believe the latter for multiple reasons.

1. My role is from Mafia 9.
2. Designing a game with three lesser investigative roles instead of one or two major ones is exactly the kind of thing that 194 would do.
3. I've been getting a general town feel from him all game.

Thus, as we did yesterday with the Cthulhu issue, I think that we can safely proceed assuming that Believeblood is town without having to resort to actually lynching him.

At this point, our pool of possible scum has become quite shallow. We have Void/That person, The One Who Knocks and maaaaaaaaybe Crabby. Actually, come to think of it, he might be the Space Pitate Usurper from Mafia 3 with Anton as his target. Maybe. Either way That Person and The One Who Knocks are guaranteed scum.

Vote: That person

Funny, it turns out that my dichotomy from Day 1 was correct. I was just pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:18 pm
BR Member

Crabby is totally the Space Pitate Usurper. ; }

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 pm
SSF2 Developer

Hmm, yeah, I haven't considered that. He could be Third-Party.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Ok. Either Believeblood is a really lucky scumbag, or he is telling the truth. I am inclined to believe the latter for multiple reasons.

1. My role is from Mafia 9.
2. Designing a game with three lesser investigative roles instead of one or two major ones is exactly the kind of thing that 194 would do.
3. I've been getting a general town feel from him all game.

Thus, as we did yesterday with the Cthulhu issue, I think that we can safely proceed assuming that Believeblood is town without having to resort to actually lynching him.

At this point, our pool of possible scum has become quite shallow. We have Void/That person, The One Who Knocks and maaaaaaaaybe Crabby. Actually, come to think of it, he might be the Space Pitate Usurper from Mafia 3 with Anton as his target. Maybe. Either way That Person and The One Who Knocks are guaranteed scum.

Vote: That person

Funny, it turns out that my dichotomy from Day 1 was correct. I was just pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Suspect pool(i.e. not confirmed town):
Brik-From MG Mafia 9
BB-From MG Mafia 3, Space Cop
TOWK-?
FoD-From MG Mafia 7, Sanae Kochiya.
That Person/Void-?
Crabby-?

So yeah. Brik's not out of the woods yet. But I think it's pretty safe to vote for That Person. Still, thinking about it.

@194: Votecount please.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Crabby isn't the space usurper because Anton Herzel wasn't the godfather.

@194: Accurate vote count please.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 pm
BR Member

Eh, judging by some of the other changes made, I wouldn't put that one past 194.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:10 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Eh, judging by some of the other changes made, I wouldn't put that one past 194.

But then again what about TSON? Usurper may try to lynch TSON, but the problem is who...

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 am

Currently Playing: Fable III
In my eyes, not comfirmed town:

-Brik
-TOWK
-Void/ TP
-Crabby

One of which is a framer. If tonight, BB should definitely target TOWK, TP or Crabby, since framer is only part of MGM 9 (Misery) and MGM5 (Ramsey). If we get someone's role to be not from 9 or 5, we can scratch them out as not the framer. This way, we can at least limit the amount of possible framers.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Believeblood wrote:
Look I'm going to make this quick because I know Internet is gonna break any minute.
Due to the circumstances I have no choice but to claim before the mafia swoops in for the kill.
I am the space cop from mafia 3 my role has been tweak so that the role would be able to be used in this game.
Once per night I can target one person, I will obtain a clue that hints to that person's role(either which mafia the role is from or what it does)
if you don't believe me I can prove it and I'll have to right now because Internet won't hold on for that long.
Brik is from mafia 9.
If he says no then he's mafia or third party, if he says yes then that confirms my innocence and I'll probably die. Either way I'm dead so I hope you guys can work the rest for yourselves. Even if brik says yes, don't trust him

At the risk of appearing even more like a lyncher like some of you seem to believe I am, I'm not sure we should be just taking this claim at face value. Contrary to what everyone has said so far, this is a relatively safe claim. Consider the possibility of scum team Believeblood/Brik. Believeblood would be able to claim this investigative role, giving 'info' about his scum partner as proof of his ability.

That being said, I would like to disprove this via lynching Believeblood. FoD already has reports saying that Terra, confirmed townie, and Believeblood were of differing alignments. Believeblood's report can't exactly be as trusted as the other investigative roles, especially because the result was on Brik, a player of unknown alignment. The Believeblood lynch is still a valid option for today: if wrong, it confirms framer; if right, it confirms FoD as town and increases the likelihood of Brik being scum.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:26 pm
 [ 971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 65  Next