The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Admin

Mystorium

"Maybe next time" spoke Ms. Ignianus with a sly smile in response to Logan "But yes, do look around," she said waving her hand about in random directions, "My kettle was on that stand, right there" she said pointing to a small round elevated wooden table, "I'll be in the back if you have any questions to ask me" she said as she walked behind the curtain that covered the back wall, "Don't be afraid to...thoroughly investigate...any of the objects in the room." she called out from behind the curtain.

---------------------------

With permission granted Evelyn began to explore the room, she went over to the front door first to check for any sign of a forced entry.

Scrap Shop

Alice couldn't help but blush in response to Brody's demeanour; he had that effect on most girls, being heralded as the most attractive student in Arclight Academy before his graduation. He could never keep a girlfriend though, and gained a reputation as player among the female population of the school. It was true, though he often said he was just searching the perfect girl.

The odd atmosphere was brought to a close as a scruffy-looking man walked in from the back wiping fresh oil off of his dirtied hands with a paper towel, who then proceeded to smack Brody on his head.

"Quit your gawking boy" teased the man, "You must be the kids from Arclight" he said after glancing at them once "I'm Dean, I'll show you all to the back" he said while lifting up a portion of the counter and directing the kids to the backroom, "I guess y'all will need tea or something. I'll have Brody whip something up." The group in the scrap shop were brought into a room in a general disarray with various chairs, and tires and other objects piled up to sit on.

"Yeah," smiled Alice "He used to go to the Arclight Academy" she whispered to Lotus before she sat down on one of the chairs.

Scrap Yard

Dom found that the scrap yard wasn't incredibly busy, perhaps because of the injury from the night before. A few cranes could be heard operating in the distance, though the giant magnet hung immobile, believed to be in need of repair. One who was unaccustomed to the place would think it a maze. Heaps of flattened cars and various other metal items were neatly piled up into various walls creating various paths and turns.

It was then that an odd wind began to blow, Dom's abilities allowed him to pick up on a faint, if not eerie, laughter on the wind.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:59 am

Logan breathed a silent sigh of relief as the woman disappeared into the back. He wasn't eager to talk to her again right away. Something about the owner of this mysterious shop just set him on edge. He turned to the others.
"Jonathan. Maximilian. I want ye two tae investigate the back room. See if there's a back door, a window, anything that can be used as an exit. Ask Ms. Ignianus a few question's while ye're back there, but dinnae mess with anythin'."
After giving the assignment, Logan proceeded to the stand where the kettle had allegedly been sitting to see if he could find any clues. If the artifact in question did have spiritual properties, then it would have left some residual energy when it was taken. Or at least, that sounded scientific enough to be accurate.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Having entered the Mystorium, the group got to work, looking around for God knows what. Damian though felt energy swirling around the room, he could also feel some of the objects in there giving off something. This place was certainly filled with something and according to the lady *they* were hiding from the group. What did she mean? Ghosts? He would have gone around to look for them but he wasn't exactly sure what to do when he found them. Of course, the real task would be actually finding them, so instead Damian just walked around the shop looking at the different objects.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan sliently nodded towards Logan's instructions. He wasn't much for words; especially with a stranger, but he could manage. This woman seemed a bit odd, but it won't most likely cause him problems. For a second Johnathan thought it was a trap. But... it couldn't be one, right? It had to pass Rachel and that other lady first. They weren't exactly omniscient either, though. He sighed. Recent events and situations he found himself in surppressed him. Good thing he had a lot of patience.

He quickly followed where the old woman went. "Ms. Ignianus is it?" He said, trying to be as formal as possible. He sounded like a police officer. "Has anything else been stolen in the past?" He had a lot more questions, but he started off simple first.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
The majority of students had departed, each one off to carry out orders handed down by the absent Miss Rachel.
"Puppets, the lot of them," thought August in disgust. "Don't have the brains to question anything."
Adi, the uptight, meddling senior was one of the few that had remained.

In a way, August looked up to his elder. It was a begrudging respect, granted, but still it was there. Out of all the club's members, Adi was one of the few that seemed to think for himself. He was among the higher-ups and fit the role quite nicely, evidenced by the fact that he had no qualms about sending the lower-ranked students out to accomplish tasks that he deemed beneath himself. He had the stuff of a leader, and that was worth at least an acknowledgment.

August found it surprising that Adi had not lumped him in with the riffraff. He could think of two plausible reasons for that. Either the senior had held him back for disciplinary action following his fight with Lotus, or he had recognized August's superiority and dispensed with the frivolity of sending him on a mission that required only pawns for its success. As much as he hated to admit it, the former was the likelier of the two options. Thus, it was with a rather antagonistic tone that August initiated conversation.

"So, what's it gonna be, old man?", he smirked. "You going to tell me off for beating up on tiger chick?"

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Daniel, having been left in the s**** while the others headed out, was nearly overcome by curiosity about what might be down here. August spoke up, indicating that Adi would be distracted. Deciding to seize the opportunity he crept to the nearby back opening and look for some sort of library or supply room.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:31 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: The Game
"No," Adi replied to the antagonistic junior, "I'm going to tell you off for being weak. It is alright to have a sharp tongue but if that is all you have, you are no better than a barking dog. Personally, I don't care how you act, they call me an a****** behind my back after all but I get things done. I want results, not excuses. So what are you going to do now junior Krol?"

He had drawn out and stressed the last word. There was an answer he was looking for the boy. If anything he'd expect a hostile reaction, something that would probably lead to disappointment in expecting too much from the hot-headed fire user. But that was his aim all along, he wanted to know, of all things, how much would Krol take? And how much would he return?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus followed Alice into a room she glanced around looking at the various objects. She didn't trust this guy the room had an odd feel to it or maybe it was just her. She walked over into a corner before she leaned against a wall. She let out a near silence growl. Slowly Dot materialized next to her. Dot laid down in front of her and began bathing. Maybe Dot will prevent any spirits, she thought. She glanced around at the various scrap and chairs. "Why are these inside?" she wondered aloud. She looked at Alice and mouthed "Can he see Ghost?" She motioned towards Brody.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Tsubaki had been one of the students that had gone to their room to gather things before setting off. In this case an herbal tea, and the tea set to go with it.

When she returned to the s**** she noticed a few other students had stayed behind, but she left them to their own devices and procided to the sanctuary. Before entering she both removed her obnoctious heels and hair bead, which seemed to not only reduce her height, but also her age. She would seem like even less of a threat now, but no one would really view her as a guardian either.

Upon entering the room Tsubaki lost herself at the grandness of it. Sure she had expected at least minimal living requirements, but this was like teen heaven. Then Tsubaki caught the gaze of Ms. Sulivan.

With a bow Tsubaki spewed, "Konichiwa. My name is Tsubaki. Would you like a cup of tea?" Holding up her supplies for good measure.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm
Site Admin

Mystorium

There was definitely a presence of spiritual activity within the room, it seemed to be a mixture of things within the room at present and a remnant of things that were once within the room. It made it difficult to sense any particular article for most of the students, though Evelyn being a trained Spiritorum could discern slight fluctuations of the different energies within the room.

"Scotts," she called out from the front end of the store "I think I can sense a particular aura that doesn't exactly belong with the others in here" she walked around the store seeming to follow an invisible trail then stopped, and turned to Damian. "You" she spoke solidly "You're a Spiritorum like me, we're more sensitive to the intricacies of the spirit world than anyone else here." She wasn't exactly sure why she felt the need to have an impromptu training session, as she normally could care less about those who were so unpolished with their abilities, but she felt the need to impart a useful skill to her peer; no matter how oafish he seemed to her.

"Since you're still extremely new to your abilities it'll be difficult, but I want you to close your eyes and simply feel the various energies and auras flowing around you. This is something that all gifted with omnividence can do, though most aren't really aware because the spiritorum are usually much quicker at grasping this skill, so most of the rest don't really bother, excluding the Angelorum, Vitri and the Fluunt. The sensitivity we're gifted with allows us to have a more precise sense of energies. Honing your abilities you can start to feel that there are more to the energies, as if you can almost interact them, each with their own different texture or sound or colour. It's like seeing or hearing in the natural sense but more of a feeling of colour, sound or texture," Evelyn closed her eyes relocating the energy trail she had felt earlier and pulled his arm until he was standing directly in the trail she had felt "This is what we were looking for, can you feel how it has that strong pull of magic, but also feel the blackness of the kettle?"

Meanwhile in the back of the room, Ms. Ignianus was waiting expectantly for the children sitting at a table with yet another crystal ball and a large ouija board in front of her.

"No" spoke the old woman with an amused smile in response to the boy's question "They always warned me when some little prankster tried to steal any of my wares, but recently there was been a great disturbance in all planes of existence that makes it difficult to hear them."

Scrap Shop

After everyone had taken their seat within the backroom, Brody came back into the room with a tray carrying various mugs. "Didn't have any tea, but there was hot chocolate" he said with a wink towards Alice's direction as he handed out various warm mugs. Neither he nor Dean saw Dot materialize, but the sudden presence of a tiger was quite disconcerting. Brody nearly dropped the trey, and Dean raised an eyebrow quizzically, staring at the white-haired girl. He chalked it down as the girl's parents spoiling the girl with a pet tiger, and didn't bother to ask any questions; he had dealt with Arclight students in the past, they were all weird. After handing out all the mugs he nodded at his boss, and quickly left the room closing the door quietly behind him.

"Now, I assume y'all are here about that incident from a few days ago?" stated Dean "Few years back my house was haunted er somethin' and a friend o' mine introduced me to that Mr. Albright fella" he stopped with a sombre expression on his face "Bless his soul." he paused for a moment looking at the children before continuing, "Anyways, a few of you youngin's came over to my house the next day and by the evening my house was perfectly fine. I dun know what y'all did back then, but I think it's happ'nin' here at the scrap yard. Weird things go on in this here town, and I'm not going to ask what y'all do, but if y'all can make it safe here again, I'll gladly grant you permission to the scrap yard."

He handed out various pass cards to each of the students and sighed, shaking his head while glancing at the tiger once again. He opened the door and walked out of the room leaving the children to their own devices.

Sanctuary

"Ah, hello" spoke Tasha Sullivan observing the girl from the couch "Yes, umm, tea would be nice. I'm Tasha" she said with a hand held out, but then she realized that the girl was holding a tea set and retracted her hand with an awkward cough "So," she began tentatively looking up at the girl mildly suspicious "You're...You're like the others?"

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
"Thank you," Li said with a short bow as he received the hot chocolate. Listening in on the situation, it was apparent Dean didn't know the actual source of the disturbances. Figures as to why he called the Darren Archive club. Lotus summoning her tiger was a bit odd at a time like this. It would surely raise some suspicion among the guys in the shop. As Dean finished up sharing the situation, Li placed his cup down and thanked Dean with another short bow. Turning back to the group, he finally noticed Dom was missing.

"First things first, we're missing someone," Li told Alice while pointing to where he would be. "Second, I suggest we head towards the magnet where the incident happened. It would probably be the most prominent place to find spiritual activity."

The scrapyard was almost exactly as Dom remembered it. The maze-like paths through the metal the same as it's always been, save for some newly added areas. Walking along the path, he passed a few of his favorite spots. The overhang created by an old car provided great shade for those hot summer days and the old fridge lodged in a mountain of scraps was Dom's favorite hiding spot. Continuing through his trip to memory lane, he heard an faint, eerie laugh. It for sure wasn't any of the employees of the scrap yard making the noise so Dom was genuinely curious. Quietly, he started to walk down the path as he remembered that lead to the center of the scrapyard.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Disturbances? The first thought that came to the young Notatorum disciple was that was what Miss Rachel went away for in the first place. To check things out. Was there something she wasn't telling them? No exact reason as to why the disturbances were happening in the first place came to Johnathan's mind, so he pushed it aside and focused on his questions. He had to rethink all this over when this mission was done.

"Is there anything special in particular that this kettle does? Or is it just an antique? Rare, maybe?" Was his next question. He did like to go on missions, but this had to be some spectacular item if there was so much upset over it.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Waifu: I'm married
After coming face to face with Lotus' tiger, Dean and his employee Brody didn't like the idea of sticking around and made their exit as fast as possible. It was hard to blame them. Still Dean trusted that the club would provide him the results he needed and they were given free access to the scrapyard. Now that they had these pass cards they could send someone to the hospital where Mr. Turner would be interviewed. Just before Alice spoke to the group, she noticed Dom was missing.

"Great, now we can go wherever we need in the scrapyard," She began. "I need someone responsible to head over to the hospital while the rest of us do a preliminary search of the grounds. Like Li said, the magnet would be a good place to start. Also, I have no idea where Dominic wandered off to but we need to find him too while we're at it. Finally, Lotus, think twice before having your familiar pop up everywhere. It's a tiger for Christ's sake."

After quietly wandering through the hallway, Daniel confirmed that he hadn't been detected and tentatively decided to try the door to the left of the Sanctuary.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus glared at Alice knowing she probably did the same thing with her pixie or fairy. Lotus responded "I didn't know she'd pop up out of nowhere." She began to thing about how responsible she was. She finally decided the White haire girl with the tiger in the hospital didn't sound safe. So she decide to kept silent about the subject.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian was generally put off by the old store keeper's indirect responses but despite this he remained silent as his eyes combed over the room looking closely into every nook and cranny and of course at Ms. Ignianus when she spoke. It was becoming all to obvious to him that the unspoken and expressed information would be inherently more helpful in this situation than the information that Ms. Ignianus was willing to share.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:11 am
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 98  Next