The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:08 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
My problems with SSF2 

So let me tell you something i LOVE this game i really do however i do have a few problems with it and i will list them here
1 only 30fps? you do know this is a fighting game right? all competive fighting games run at 60fps and do not give me the s*** that super smash 64 ran at 30fps cause while that is true its physics was still 60fps this makes the game feel slow and laggy
2 okay i get that you want no advanced technics however what about shorthops? shorthops play a pretty big role in all smash games and its surprising its not here
3 some of the moves work weridly like jigglypuffs mega punch moves a lot less distance making it less of a good recover move and has more lag its the same thing with falcos shine as his iconic down throw shine does not work well
4 some of the changes to characters are werid like falco has a shorter fire distance? now correct me if i am wrong but i do not remember that in any smash game
5 the controls for a controller i hate to say but it does not feel like i am using a controller as the controls either feel stiff or to responsive so when i try to move right or left i end up jumping cause the anlog stick is slighty up

that is a few problems i have with this game

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:39 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
1. Most computers have trouble even running it at 30. Converting it to 60 would not only require completely redoing the whole game from the ground up, but would also exclude an inexcusable amount of players. Most people are fine with 30, even most of our tournament players.

2. You do short hops in this game exactly like you do short hops in any other Smash game; just tap the jump button a little. It's been there for years.

3&4. This isn't meant to be an exact remake of any particular entry. It's it's own thing. As such, some characters are balanced differently.

5. Turn D-tap Dash off in settings. That screws up analog controls a little. And Tap Jump, unless you really want to have it on.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:06 am

MGN Username: DemoGamerX
Currently Playing: Smash Wii U and SSF2
Waifu: Settle It In Smash!!
I really don't have any problems with SSF2 Beta except the CPUs are still not smart even at Lv. 9 and I have problems with Online that doesn't work properly. Other than that, Beta is a perfect game, it's fast and smooth

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:50 am
 [ 3 posts ]