The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Subsections.... 

Nac wrote:
Lucy Nettims wrote:
I don't see why you don't have the time to just click on the section to reveal them. Everyone here has some type of internet, and by that means, it is ONE CLICK DIFFERENCE.

Big whoop. Why should Cleod work and waste his time, so you don't have TO CLICK ONE EXTRA BUTTON.

I imagined someone was going to say that, so I wrote something for that in the first post...
as you didn't see it, I'll just quote it here.

Nac wrote:
And before any of you "I-all-know-everything" jerks enter this topic... do not say "it's only one click".
First, because "one click" can make a huge difference (most of forums tools and functions are created to avoid clicking). Second, because you have to wait until a new page loads. (which is time if you are working on a slow computer)

So you are BAWing because you have a slowass cpu. We are editing the WHOLE SITE FOR YOUR SUBFORUMS, just so YOUR slow cpu can go ONE CLICK faster?

Actually, it isn't a big difference, because one click is like this: *clicks mouse in one second*

Done! See how easy that was?

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
Lucy Nettims wrote:
So you are BAWing because you have a slowass cpu. We are editing the WHOLE SITE FOR YOUR SUBFORUMS, just so YOUR slow cpu can go ONE CLICK faster?

Actually, it isn't a big difference, because one click is like this: *clicks mouse in one second*

Makes us all a favor and try to grow up a little, will you?
I'm not BAWing or anything here, so next time try reading before writing, ok?

The reason why I'm asking for subforums (which already exist, by the way) is not to make me go faster (as my computer is fast enough), but to make the forum tiddier, and the experience of using it better.

And is true that once clicking a link doesn't change anything, but it can really piss you off when you have to do extra clicking every time you want to enter a good damn section. Believe me, I know what I'm telling you(*).
So, whereas in forums like this one (where most of the subsections are hidden inside the main section) where subsections are almost not checked, in other forums (like Kaze's) they are a lot more active.

(*) Ps:
If you really think about it, most of the functions this forum has itself are to avoid extra clicking.... [.quote], [.img], [.flash], [.youtube],Image,Image,Image,Image,Image, etc ... they are all created to avoid clicking links.

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Nac wrote:
Lucy Nettims wrote:

Makes us all a favor and try to grow up a little, will you?
I'm not BAWing or anything here, so next time try reading before writing, ok?

The reason why I'm asking for subforums (which already exist, by the way) is not to make me go faster (as my computer is fast enough), but to make the forum tiddier, and the experience of using it better.

And is true that once clicking a link doesn't change anything, but it can really piss you off when you have to do extra clicking every time you want to enter a good damn section. Believe me, I know what I'm telling you(*).
So, whereas in forums like this one (where most of the subsections are hidden inside the main section) where subsections are almost not checked, in other forums (like Kaze's) they are a lot more active.

(*) Ps:
If you really think about it, most of the functions this forum has itself are to avoid extra clicking.... [.quote], [.img], [.flash], [.youtube],Image,Image,Image,Image,Image, etc ... they are all created to avoid clicking links.

I am offended by the way you use your insult saying for me to grow up! I am merely stating a thought out point saying one click doesn't make much of a difference. And you agree. You go off typing that the point of functions is to reduce clicking, I stay with my philosophy that functions are used to HELP THE USER.

Similar, possibly, different yes. The purpose of, lets say quoting, is used so you don't have to type/copypasta everything. That has nothing to do with 1 less click (except when you right click for copy >..> no loading whatsoever) The quote function HELPS the user not have to do that, then it also instantly goes into a post (nifteh huh). I still stand saying "showing sub forums" is not very important if ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK ONCE. It doesn't "help" the user when you remove ONE click. Now, if there was a situation where there are MULTIPLE sub forums in one area (example...)

MGF Main Page

SSF2

Spam

Other

Gaming
>Pc >Console >Handheld
>>>Download >>>Offline...........>>>Wii >>> 360 >>> PS3 >>>Old Gen............. >>> DS >>> PSP >>> Old Gen

Then maybe it slightly might be useful because now we take away TWO clicks. Skipping a section, with what you are saying, we DON'T skip anything, just go to a topic that is INSIDE the section.

Which is not very helpful.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:39 pm
Site Admin

I'm a bit confused on what you guys want now...

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:44 pm

@Cleod:

Cleod9 wrote:
I'm a bit confused on what you guys want now...

Nac wrote:
is there a way to make them this way?

I find it way more handy if you can access to them from the main page, rather than entering a section and then, entering the subsection.

Also, there can be subsections in which a "main place to post" is not needed... example

ps:
And before any of you "I-all-know-everything" jerks enter this topic... do not say "it's only one click".
First, because "one click" can make a huge difference (most of forums tools and functions are created to avoid clicking). Second, because you have to wait until a new page loads. (which is time if you are working on a slow computer)

Nac wrote:
Zero Insanity wrote:
If this is going to happen, make it look more like this.

With 'Sub-Forums' bolded.

To tell you the truth, I prefear the style I posted first.
  • First, because that style allows you to see wheter there is a new post in a sub-forums.
  • Second, because it allows you to tiddy sections togheter.
    An example would be, making the "game section" (a section in which not topic could be created) and putting inside of it the "console gaming" , "Pc Gaming", "Upcoming games" and "Super Smash Bros".

@Lucy:
1º I didn't call you childish for what you where trying to say, but for the way you said stuff.
You just sounded like an stubborn little bratt, who showed no respect.

2º It's not only a question of how much difficult it makes stuff, but also how tedious that stuff turns out to be.
Having to do extra clicks -even if it sounds retard-, is f*** annoying (more if you have to do them every time you want to enter that sub-section) , and some times you don't do stuff just to avoid that.

(A lot of times I've not visited a sub-section just to avoid making extra clicks... because it was hard? No, because I find it hell annoying!.)

So all I’m requesting for is something not very hard to do, which is to add links to the main page.

Image chóu

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:07 pm

Nac wrote:
@Lucy:
1º I didn't call you childish for what you where trying to say, but for the way you said stuff.

2º It's not only a question of how much difficult it makes stuff, but also how tedious that stuff turns out to be.
Having to do extra clicks -even if it sounds retard-, is f#%$& annoying (more if you have to do them every time you want to enter that sub-section) , and some times you don't do stuff just to avoid that.

(A lot of times I've not visited a sub-section just to avoid making extra clicks... because it was hard? No, because I find it hell annoying!.)

So all I’m requesting for is something not very hard to do, which is to add links to the main page.

You deserve no more respect than any other user. You have no special social status over me lrn2rules.

You just called me a stubborn brat, then here you say "it is f*** annoying to click one extra time to visit a topic"
>.> Cleod shouldn't have to worry about small tedious things such as one click, I believe that the idea section should be more substantial than "hey cleod i h8 duing 1 clik cuz it w8sts time; fix it"

It should be a bit more thorough in the coding.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:11 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Nac wrote:
@Lucy:

Now you know how it feels.

And jesus christ. QUIT WITH THE DAMN RANTS.

Cleod, Nac wants all subsections to appear under their mothersection with a link on the main index.

Lucy doesn't want this because he thinks that's incredibly hard to do and just makes Nac lazy.

I want to see it done so I know where the heck the subsections are.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:36 pm

Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:
@Lucy:

Now you know how it feels.

And jesus christ. QUIT WITH THE DAMN RANTS.

Cleod, Nac wants all subsections to appear under their mothersection with a link on the main index.

Lucy doesn't want this because he thinks that's incredibly hard to do and just makes Nac lazy.

I want to see it done so I know where the heck the subsections are.

No, I find it incredibly o so easy that there is no point. >..>

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 pm

What do you mean there is no point to Sub-Forums....

I will help N00BS, NEWBIES, and everybody get around the forums easier...

(If your an expierenced member, then there is no use for this.)

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 pm
YIM

Zhad [QUEST] wrote:
What do you mean there is no point to Sub-Forums....

I will help N00BS, NEWBIES, and everybody get around the forums easier...

(If your an expierenced member, then there is no use for this.)

Oh, shut up.
Why should we take time out of our days to help new people or unsure people around all the sections?
It's obviously not THAT difficult to do, since many other forums have this option, and will make topic-surfing simplified.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:57 pm
Site Admin

Hakker wrote:

That's what I just did to the General Flash Section... Do we have any more?

Also, I think some sub sections were created improperly and that's why they won't show up, but then again we really don't have many subsections to begin with.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:45 pm
Legendary Ghost

We've only got 2.

The second one is under Coder's Paradise.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Hakker wrote:
Cleod, Nac [...]

Does not exactly it, but it's close enough... :doh:

how much do you charge for translating "nac's english" to "abridge english" ?? :huh:
I'm thinking of hiring you. :nod:

Cleod9 wrote:
Hakker wrote:

That's what I just did to the General Flash Section... Do we have any more?

Also, I think some sub sections were created improperly and that's why they won't show up, but then again we really don't have many subsections to begin with.

I was asking for is: [what hakker just said] + [transforming some sections into subsections] ....

I don't know why... but latelly I've been very stupid at the time of writing what I think :eew: (At least, I believe it's only lately).

Sorry. :sweat:

Image chóu

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 pm
Legendary Ghost

Nac wrote:
I was asking for is: [what hakker just said] + [transforming some sections into subsections] ....

I don't know why... but latelly I've been very stupid at the time of writing what I think :eew: (At least, I believe it's only lately).

Sorry. :sweat:

Oh.

No.

Not going to happen.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:

Oh.

No.

Not likely to happen.

fix'd.

Also, even if it's not going to happen, RPG section shall be merged all togheter in sub sections!

Image chóu

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:52 pm
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next