The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
[MP] Fire Emblem 

King Arthur wrote:
I decided to pick up Fire Emblem (The first GBA one) again, and beat Lyn's story. Are the other stories about the same length?

Quite a bit longer from memory.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
I decided to pick up Fire Emblem (The first GBA one) again, and beat Lyn's story. Are the other stories about the same length?

Alright then, because while Lyn's story had tutorials for so many things, you had almost no chance to use them because it was so short.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:15 pm

King Arthur wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:

Alright then, because while Lyn's story had tutorials for so many things, you had almost no chance to use them because it was so short.

Lyn's first was pretty much a pre-cursor to the game. You then take control of another person and you meet up with Lyn later and she joins you.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 pm
Site Moderator

Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:

Lyn's first was pretty much a pre-cursor to the game. You then take control of another person and you meet up with Lyn later and she joins you.

Ah, alright. Thanks!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 pm

King Arthur wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:

Ah, alright. Thanks!

No problem.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:

And actually if you pay attention and don't skip the cutscenes you see the guy there but he doesn't help you because he's mean.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:17 am

Terra wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:
Krillin III wrote:
King Arthur wrote:

And actually if you pay attention and don't skip the cutscenes you see the guy there but he doesn't help you because he's mean.

I know, but was that even worth mentioning? Does it change anything?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Just a little hint. He probably skipped the cutscenes anyway.

Just curious for those GBA players out there: is Canas as good as they say he is? Haven't finished FE7 yet so...

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 am

I've always used Canas as he's pretty much the only dark magic user in the game (Until the last chapter but at that point it's kind of pointless). He's good at his job, not really any reason not to use him. Also, if you raise him well, he can nearly OHKO the final boss.

Be sure to use Dart when you get him, as he's easily the best axe user in the game.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 am
Site Moderator

Terra wrote:
Just a little hint. He probably skipped the cutscenes anyway.

Have some faith in me!

If you're talking about Eliwood, he didn't help because it was part of a truce he forged to stop people from joining Lundgren.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 am
BR Member

Wait, the part with Lyn is just the tutorial!?

Damn, do I have a long way to go...

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 am

Speaking of the first Fire Emblem, since I'm currently starting an LP of it is there any units (other than the aforementioned Dart and Canas) that I should try and raise up?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:55 am

If you don't know enough about the game to be asking that question, you shouldn't be LPing it.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Nextoy wrote:
Speaking of the first Fire Emblem, since I'm currently starting an LP of it is there any units (other than the aforementioned Dart and Canas) that I should try and raise up?

Really depends. Guy and Raven can be really good if they get the stat points they need, but that's up to you. Main thing is to have a balanced army - you don't want to use Wil, Rebecca, AND Louise. And you have to use all 3 lords, so get used to them. As this is your first time, I reccomend rounding off your complete army around the time you recruit Heath. None of the later recruits are as good as your earlier soldiers (Main exception being Nino, but she is difficult to raise).

Also keep in mind some requirements for side chapters, the most important keeping a NPC unit alive during the chapter with Raven.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:52 pm

King Kyuubit wrote:
If you don't know enough about the game to be asking that question, you shouldn't be LPing it.

Hey, when I put up the poll I blatantly said it would be a blind LP. They wanted it anyways, so that's what I'm giving to them.

Either way Lulu I'll write that down.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:10 pm
 [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next