The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:03 am

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
SSF2 Strategies 

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
Ahh edge canceling's in the game (where your momentum sends you off the edge causing ending lag to cease...i can't explain it well but it was in Melee i think)

It is most noticeable with Nayru's love (Zelda's N-spec) or Inhale (Kirby's N-spec) and it's easier if you time a short hop just before a edge and initiate a move like Nayru's love if done correctly, you'll land and the momentum should send you of the edge canceling the attack.

However, this does not work with a few Special attacks though like Sora's Strike Raid (N-spec)

I think with Auto L-canceling however this will just be limited to specific special attacks and Link's D-air

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:54 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
It works with all aerials and select specials.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:03 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
Defensive play >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything online...

GM

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
Defensive play >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything online...

Sad But True. . .

Very overlooked tactic to play against defensive-play is to approach with air-dodge. You get in or can get behind you opponent with the invincible frames and can quickly punish upon landing.

(Good game from earlier, by the way.)

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:52 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
The input lag sure is annoying XD. Never see Fox or Falcon because of that, and playing Yoshi is a nightmare as well. Slower characters like DK and Ichigo seem to be in their playground because they can't be punished, but I bet if there were more offline tournaments we would see them do as well.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Who plays against me?

Whoever plays against me?

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:17 am

Hey guys. I just had a really frustrating battle against an Ichigo who just used his side special all game. I didn't know how to deal with it at all. The only way I thought i had a chance was by using marth's counter move. I feel like Ichigo's side special is way too spammable at the moment. My question is how would you guys deal with this type of gameplay where all the other guy does is spam the same move over and over again. Heres a video showing you what I mean. plz help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9WznCz7Hs

YouTube Video:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
Oh, that's C K or something like that. I'm gonna make a habit of just leaving if that's what they do. Otherwise, pick a character that has range like Link, Samus, etc. Ichigo doesn't combo well on floaty characters.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 pm

MGN Username: Sot6P
Currently Playing: SSBPM, SSF2 0.9b
Noobletz wrote:
Hey guys. I just had a really frustrating battle against an Ichigo who just used his side special all game. I didn't know how to deal with it at all. The only way I thought i had a chance was by using marth's counter move. I feel like Ichigo's side special is way too spammable at the moment. My question is how would you guys deal with this type of gameplay where all the other guy does is spam the same move over and over again. Heres a video showing you what I mean. plz help!

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9WznCz7Hs ]

Pick up Ichigo and fight back! This is actually the reason why I started playing him.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sot6P wrote:
Noobletz wrote:

Pick up Ichigo and fight back! This is actually the reason why I started playing him.

That response XD. Its like Sonic spam side-spec and you win gg ez.
Honestly, I think its weakness is protected by online's lag. You see it coming, but you can't input your reaction early enough to respond. It doesn't help that he is invulnerable during the move and it has a huge rectangle of a hitbox. If you can predict it, I suggest jumping up and preempting the end lag. For example, if I know they are going to jump, and I jump and bair them or something, they can't respond fast enough either unless they expected me to jump in. Playing with online lag is different, but if you think about it, its still smash you just have to fly blind a little bit and do some reading. If you predict correctly and execute properly they can't do anything about it.

Not to downplay the obvious difficulty of fighting against a invincible, teleporting sword that you can't actually react to or punish because of input lag. It def needs toning down. Try shielding it (because you anticipated it), then buffer up-spec out of shield. Marth's up-spec is really good, its fast and reaches a ways. It's not a kill move until +170%, but its a great get off me move.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Starkiller2 wrote:
Sot6P wrote:
Noobletz wrote:

That response XD. Its like Sonic spam side-spec and you win gg ez.
Honestly, I think its weakness is protected by online's lag. You see it coming, but you can't input your reaction early enough to respond. It doesn't help that he is invulnerable during the move and it has a huge rectangle of a hitbox. If you can predict it, I suggest jumping up and preempting the end lag. For example, if I know they are going to jump, and I jump and bair them or something, they can't respond fast enough either unless they expected me to jump in. Playing with online lag is different, but if you think about it, its still smash you just have to fly blind a little bit and do some reading. If you predict correctly and execute properly they can't do anything about it.

Not to downplay the obvious difficulty of fighting against a invincible, teleporting sword that you can't actually react to or punish because of input lag. It def needs toning down. Try shielding it (because you anticipated it), then buffer up-spec out of shield. Marth's up-spec is really good, its fast and reaches a ways. It's not a kill move until +170%, but its a great get off me move.

Thanks man those are some really good tips. Il try them out in my next games.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:48 pm

MGN Username: Sot6P
Currently Playing: SSBPM, SSF2 0.9b
Noobletz wrote:

As am Ichigo main, I usually have trouble with Lloyd and Samus. Those characters work very well against him.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
It feels kinda like pokemon types. Some characters are more effective against others.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
With Ichigo, sideb> utilt> sideb> utilt> whatever> sideb> utilt> ect> sideb>.....

I think ya get meh point.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Ichigo is a wifi warrior if there ever was one. I think people wouldn't think he is OP if they played offline, because in offline you can actually punish things. I feel like we need to make two tier lists: offline and online.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:42 pm
 [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next