The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:09 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
I'm still trying to get use to the new mechanics of his neutral B. I know its meant to be used as a defensive/combo starter move, but it...just doesn't feel right. I mean Getsuga Tenshou is meant to be a big attack, not a small one like this.

But I have faith in the devs that they made this decision for a reason.

ImageImageImage

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 am

MGN Username: NeoSpectre
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBC, LoL, Diablo 3, IKEMEN
Rider0fLightning wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
ichigo has clunky ko moves and upB can be SDI'd out of (up/down depending on character size)

he's def not top tier but hes pretty good

His smash attacks isn't all that kills. He has a really good edgeguard game. Nair and uair can kill as well. Maybe top 3.

Not even close. Lemme give you a rundown.

--heavy weight fast faller, gets combo'd easily.
--U-spec. can be DI'd/SDI'd, and heavy characters can stuff it with an aerial if they get caught in the lower windbox.
--S-spec. can be clashed, shielded, out-prioritized (disjoints ftw), spot dodged, and in some circumstances grabbed.
--D-spec. is punishable on block or whiff.
--His smash attacks are slow and clunky (on purpose mind you.)
--His recovery can be edgeguarded VERY easily by some of the cast.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:39 am

NeoSpectre wrote:
Rider0fLightning wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
ichigo has clunky ko moves and upB can be SDI'd out of (up/down depending on character size)

he's def not top tier but hes pretty good

His smash attacks isn't all that kills. He has a really good edgeguard game. Nair and uair can kill as well. Maybe top 3.

Not even close. Lemme give you a rundown.

--heavy weight fast faller, gets combo'd easily.
--U-spec. can be DI'd/SDI'd, and heavy characters can stuff it with an aerial if they get caught in the lower windbox.
--S-spec. can be clashed, shielded, out-prioritized (disjoints ftw), spot dodged, and in some circumstances grabbed.
--D-spec. is punishable on block or whiff.
--His smash attacks are slow and clunky (on purpose mind you.)
--His recovery can be edgeguarded VERY easily by some of the cast.

I agree with the fast faller part and the fact that his up special can be DI'd out of, but you should never use risky moves as Ichigo unless they're safe. Jabs, utilts, bairs, that sort of thing are far better options to rack up damage. Raw smash attacks is like asking to get hit. Learning percent can help a lot, and when they're in enough hitstun and launched at the right trajectory to land the killing blow is vital.
Uspecial should be an OoS option and is otherwise very situational.
Sspecial should never be used alone, most likely a follow-up or a way to reset the neutral, and sometimes as recovery and a very situational approach.
Dspecial is a bit odd to use, unless you do the instant jump tech. Then it can be an edgeguard, combo starter at higher percent, or a tech chase move.
Like I said, smash attacks aren't his only way of killing, although they are definitely his strongest. I've killed Mario from the middle of BF as early as 28% with the Fsmash. I personally almost never use them, only if I'm absolutely confident that they will hit.
Or course a heavyweight would have poor match-ups. I wouldn't go Ichigo against a Pikachu, I'd probably mirror match it or go Meta-Knight instead. Any character that's capable of pursuing Ichigo off-stage also gets out-reached by him, so he can still hold his own if you're careful enough, that being said, you do have to work a lot harder to win match-ups against characters like MK, Pika, Puff, Kirby etc. I still think that Ichigo has one of the highest potentials as a character, even with all his weaknesses.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 am

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

What do you think of this Ichigo player?

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:04 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think (s)he's good: The SD on first stock was sad, and I feel like they could have tried to space better. It seemed like Ichigo was always right next to Fox, and that's a bad thing.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:18 pm

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
SoldierSunday wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGegdr2YiE& ]

He pretty good but there's a lot of missed opportunities, perhaps that's because he's online though. The Ichigo I play against locally hardly ever lets me touch the ground during a combo. Ichigo's mobility and insane range make him a beast at comboing and just plain out ranging people, he can be a dominate defense with good timing or an unstoppable flurry of slashes. His side-B, downTilt, and dash attack can outrange most of the cast and allow him to avoid projectiles. I can surely say Ichigo's top of high tier at least, there's a lot of characters that once he gets going they can't escape. (if they can combo with him and pull of combos online that is)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Ichigo feels really strange to me now, but I like it. He's pretty strong and has good range for mid ranged combat, which I'm trying to learn. I actually think that the delay in his Neut-B was a good idea considering it's new functions, but I think that the delay should be shorter, because it can't really be used in a lot of situations now. Side B is awesome. Being able to combo into so much stuff from it is a very handy tool for a character like Ichigo. Up-B is rather unique, but I don't use is as much. Down-B only seems to be a follow up move now. The flash step moves also really make him an hard to see target, as well as hard to predict.

I reeeeeeeeeally don't like the fact that D-tilt moves him forward. It just didn't seem like the forward type of move, aesthetics wise and move wise. I prefer the old mid range poke, follow up version that was in 0.8, but that's just me.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 pm

SoldierSunday wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGegdr2YiE& ]

He makes good use of the dash attack, but he really could have made better decisions and utilized jab a bit more. He also gets a tad bit too predicable with the side special.

EDIT: He also rarely, if at all, used the up special on the ground. That move is very powerful if your opponent doesn't know how to DI, and the fact that he didn't even try it was rather dissapointing.

Last edited by Rider0fLightning on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:33 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Bad Dub Sage wrote:
I reeeeeeeeeally don't like the fact that D-tilt moves him forward. It just didn't seem like the forward type of move, aesthetics wise and move wise. I prefer the old mid range poke, follow up version that was in 0.8, but that's just me.

You mean the second jab?

:P

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:16 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Getsuga Tensho does not feel like Getsuga Tensho anymore.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:44 pm

DrunkenRockman wrote:

It has a different use now. I like how it is now, but then again, I didn't play 0.9a enough to get attached to Ichigo. The only reason I even tried him out was because McCleod mentioned him in the Direct.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Rider0fLightning wrote:
DrunkenRockman wrote:

It has a different use now. I like how it is now, but then again, I didn't play 0.9a enough to get attached to Ichigo. The only reason I even tried him out was because McCleod mentioned him in the Direct.

Maybe so, but its new use seems so negligible and ineffective compared to 0.9a that I just don't even want to use it.

I liked it better before because it actually felt like a powerful, useful attack. Now, it's just some wimpy thing that doesn't even feel like how the actual move should.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:15 pm

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
Getsuga Tensho is a breathe of fresh air is your against Ichigo, long startup, ending lag, and easy to powershield. I'm sure it has it's uses but I haven't seen Ichigos use it effectively as of yet.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Nstinct wrote:
Getsuga Tensho is a breathe of fresh air is your against Ichigo, long startup, ending lag, and easy to powershield. I'm sure it has it's uses but I haven't seen Ichigos use it effectively as of yet.

Use it to edgeguard. It forces them to sweetspot or go high, both of which you might be abe to cover based on their choice. If they get hit by the GT, they are going to eat one of Ichigo's strong hits.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:52 am

Starkiller2 wrote:
Nstinct wrote:

Use it to edgeguard. It forces them to sweetspot or go high, both of which you might be abe to cover based on their choice. If they get hit by the GT, they are going to eat one of Ichigo's strong hits.

That's pretty much how I use it. It's just not safe to use if your opponent has their feet on the ground. Although you can always try one out to see if your opponent can powershield it. If they can't it's free shield pressure with a large projectile.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:32 am
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next