The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:01 pm

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Shaolin... 

Do you have to be chinese to study, live in the shaolin temple? I've been stumped on this question for a while and was wondering does anyone know...

Adopted by KonamiFlash, Guitar_Hero is my uncle mii and j-corp are my grandparents
children:SmashKing08, maniacmario64, Glydekid, SolidKlonoa wife:ashante08

Intelligence Test

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Forget the crap you see and hear in movies, I am trainning ninjutsu in my native language in a real school not ninja "temple".

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Dragon fang wrote:
Forget the crap you see and hear in movies, I am trainning ninjutsu in my native language in a real school not ninja "temple".

Ninjas were farmers.

forget the cliches

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:08 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Yes.

Prepare to learn the ancient ninja way to.

Sow seeds.

Pick vegetables.

Tend to manure.

Milk your cattle.

And much much more~

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Nini wrote:
Yes.

Prepare to learn the ancient ninja way to.

Sow seeds.

Pick vegetables.

Tend to manure.

Milk your cattle.

And much much more~

Yes, and all these Ninja Gardening tools can be yours for only 15 easy payments of $19.99!
Order in the next 10 minutes and get a free packet of seeds to begin your Ninja Garden!

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Lol, I know they we're framers... but I asked about xiaolin.

Adopted by KonamiFlash, Guitar_Hero is my uncle mii and j-corp are my grandparents

Intelligence Test

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Whimskull wrote:
Dragon fang wrote:

Ninjas were farmers.

forget the cliches

Massive facepalm much?

"Ninjas", in the real world sense, were samurai who were trained for stealth and assassination missions. They frequently disguised as farmers, hence the use of "kunai", a common gardening tool, serving a function similar to a spade, doubling as a handy assassination weapon.

"Ninjas", in the current sense of the word, are a product of kabuki theater. It was a common tradition in kabuki theater to dress stage hands in black so they would blend in with the background of the stage, and go unnoticed by the audience. When depicting the figures of legend, they dressed them in the uniform of the stagehands, to indicate to the audience that these people were invisible.

Style [Stayl] (n) - One's unique and personal method of defacing a perfectly good piece of paper.

READ THIS: http://ipgd.freehostia.com/copypasta.html

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
You can't be a shaolin monk.

Besides, who'd want that? A lifetime of training and meditation? Ick, I'd rather have my shows and hobbies left alone.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Hakker wrote:

Besides, who'd want that? A lifetime of training and meditation? Ick, I'd rather have my shows and hobbies left alone.

And why not? plus shaolin have tv and all that other stuff times have changed... :hmph:
there not all old school like they used to be.

Intelligence Test

Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:48 pm

well, as far as i know, you go to this camp and live in a temple, with no air conditioner........and do chores. And learn kung fu.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Evilagram wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Dragon fang wrote:

Ninjas were farmers.

forget the cliches

Massive facepalm much?

"Ninjas", in the real world sense, were samurai who were trained for stealth and assassination missions. They frequently disguised as farmers, hence the use of "kunai", a common gardening tool, serving a function similar to a spade, doubling as a handy assassination weapon.

"Ninjas", in the current sense of the word, are a product of kabuki theater. It was a common tradition in kabuki theater to dress stage hands in black so they would blend in with the background of the stage, and go unnoticed by the audience. When depicting the figures of legend, they dressed them in the uniform of the stagehands, to indicate to the audience that these people were invisible.

actually they were peasents trained to do the dirty work a samurai couldnt do, they were totally different groups.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Evilagram wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Dragon fang wrote:

Ninjas were farmers.

forget the cliches

Massive facepalm much?

Oh please.

You take a mechafag who hates Japan seriously?
Ninjas are mad gay.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
riq5 wrote:
Hakker wrote:

And why not? plus shaolin have tv and all that other stuff times have changed... :hmph:

Ah, to be young and stupid again.

Mostly stupid.

I don't think they get good connection on that TV you mentioned, high up in the mountain. And I'm sure you'd probably be missing your favorite anime due to A : training or B : chores.

Honestly, what kind of kids are we getting these days, next they'll talk about sailing to some island to get a one piece bathing suit or "BECOMING DAH HOKAGE, BELIEVE IT."

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:48 am

Hakker wrote:
riq5 wrote:
Hakker wrote:

Ah, to be young and stupid again.

Mostly stupid.

I don't think they get good connection on that TV you mentioned, high up in the mountain. And I'm sure you'd probably be missing your favorite anime due to A : training or B : chores.

Honestly, what kind of kids are we getting these days, next they'll talk about sailing to some island to get a one piece bathing suit or "BECOMING DAH HOKAGE, BELIEVE IT."

Hakker, it's too late.
The invasion began three years ago.
In less than a year it took hold of children and rendered them idiotic beasts.

Trust me, I used to be one of them until I found my anti-Naruto/One piece.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 am

Coobit wrote:
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Enjoying mecha anime =/= enjoying Japan.

But ninjas weren't samurai if I remember correctly. They were a totally different group.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:40 am
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next