The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:15 pm

[ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
SSF2 Beta Nitpick Theater 

MGN Username: Popcioslav
Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, Len'en 4: Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle
Waifu: Sandbag
As much as I like the secrets behind unlocking extra stages Steel Diver's unlock method is really annoying and the best thing you can do is to leave AI battling there with unlimited lives and time

And yeah, I miss the old Megaman
Vanilla wrote:
[ Image ]
This screen cannot be skipped for like 3 seconds. I hate having to wait at this screen for 3 seconds everytime i startup the game.

To be honest I'd rather have this message pop up every time than Nintendo sending their lawyers after the devs.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:44 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Kirb-Star wrote:
Honestly, I think Protoman's stance in Beta looks kinda... lazy, given it's a trace of a SSBWiiU Mod

It's an edit off our Mega Man......

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:06 am

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
Bowser's hurt sound is all wrong.

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:16 am

MGN Username: Coolerest
Waifu: Brawl MK

Sandbag's neutral special should be his down special and his down special should be his neutral special.

Sandbag's neutral special is basically a different version of Peach's down special, so I don't know why Sandbag doesn't have it as the same special move as Peach.

Sandbag's down special requires you to press any direction after you use the move to move in whatever direction you chose... But it's kind of hard to do so when it's his down special since it requires you to already be holding down in order to use the move.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:52 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Popcioslav wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
[ Image ]
This screen cannot be skipped for like 3 seconds. I hate having to wait at this screen for 3 seconds everytime i startup the game.

To be honest I'd rather have this message pop up every time than Nintendo sending their lawyers after the devs.

The nitpick is not the sceen itself.
Its the period of time before i can skip the screen.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Wait! a nitpick topic was opened since last Thursday and didn't caught my attention until now? With the big nitpicker I am!

What a shame... Anyway, if there is something I have to point out that is driving me crazy more than people calling Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U "Smash 4" is the fact that people fail to see PAC-MAN is supposed to be written in all caps:

It's not just a stylization, it is really written that way, and all the PAC variants are supposed to be written in all caps: PAC-MAZE, PAC-LAND, Mrs. PAC-MAN, Super PAC-MAN, PAC-MAN Jr., PAC-MAN 256, etc. There is one exception though, Pac-Jump, that actually remains the same.

SSF2 fails to do that properly that and the worst one is the name of the event: "Pacmania". But I don't blame you guys, even Wikipedia fails to see that.

OK, that was my major complaint, well, that and that SSF1 mode is doesn't feel anything like the original. At least on that one you can recover properly but not on the new one. To address that, characters need to be floatier and they should be able to always jump twice, even if they got launched.

Has anyone noticed how Master Hand's icon in Classic mode is actually Crazy Hand's? or that Multi-Man Smash is misspelled as "Multiman Smash" on the music text?

Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
SSF1 Mode, while getting most of the nuances right, doesn't have the OHKO attacks that make SSF1 what it is. I'm not sure how hard it would be to recreate—it probably would be pretty hard—it just bugs me a bit.[/list]

Oh, you should be aware that there are no real OHKO in SSF1, by the time the attack that knock you out gets infamously broken, the damage is already racked up betong 100%.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
Either I just have failed to trigger them by RNG, or Light Yagami, Amigo, Silver, and Renji have been removed as assist trophies.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Steven wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
Honestly, I think Protoman's stance in Beta looks kinda... lazy, given it's a trace of a SSBWiiU Mod

It's an edit off our Mega Man......

Fair point.
But even then, it's completely notorious Protoman was just directly edited from Mega Man, when in their games (8-bit) they look nothing at all.
It may not be a trace of a SSB4 Mod, but it's still incredibly lazy.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:49 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
KeybladeSmasher wrote:
Either I just have failed to trigger them by RNG, or Light Yagami, Amigo, Silver, and Renji have been removed as assist trophies.

Rukia is in but I'm crossing my fingers she didn't replace Renji coz man, Renji was my favorite AT
Also yeah no one has triggered any of them (if not I'd have found screenshots by now), so I'm just hoping that their absences are due to resprites or something like that

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Starfy is still in the game, with a resprite.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
☻Danny☻ wrote:
KeybladeSmasher wrote:

Rukia is in but I'm crossing my fingers she didn't replace Renji coz man, Renji was my favorite AT
Also yeah no one has triggered any of them (if not I'd have found screenshots by now), so I'm just hoping that their absences are due to resprites or something like that

Renji, Light, and Amigo have been cut. Confirmed in the Q&A thread.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 am

Kirby copies a Spear enemy (Bandana Dee) and gets.... Beam.
Mega Man Kirby also doesn't have shot sound effects, but that's more a bug than a nitpick.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:15 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
☻Danny☻ wrote:
KeybladeSmasher wrote:

Renji, Light, and Amigo have been cut. Confirmed in the Q&A thread.

f***
Here's hoping my boy Renji makes a cameo appearance as a background character in some other Bleach stage then (I'm hoping there's another Bleach stage anyway, Naruto and Goku already have two and it just doesn't sit right with me if Bleach was only represented by Hueco Mundo)

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:39 am

I hate how the KO blasts just freeze after the match finishes. It looks awkward and covers a big part of the screen. I'd prefer it if the blast just plays out even if the rest of the game is frozen, or if they took a Brawl/Sm4sh route and slowed down gameplay for those last couple seconds after the game is done.

But it doesn't affect gameplay at all, so not a big deal.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Speaking of which, I don't like how I can't move after I defeat Master Hand. It was always a bit of a tradition of mine to jump off Final Destination afterwards as if it was about to explode, I dunno.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:05 am
 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next