The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:07 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
Mario Kart 

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
It may be annoying, but if it's not broken then it's not an issue.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:37 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
You could call it broken. It's very poor balance.

We know what we're talking about here

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
mighty, let me ask you
have you played through the entirety of MK8?

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 pm
YIM

Yes I have, the only thing I need is the gold glider, then I'll have 100%. Why do you ask?
I've got 3 stars on every grand prix cup, completed every time trial, and I play online quite often.
I have experienced this poor balance and have acquired the coin item countless times, yet I pay no mind to it because it's how they decided to make the game. I don't mind it because it's a challenge. Also, if you don't have 10 coins at the time, it gives you 2 coins to add to the total.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 pm

you've got to be kidding
you don't have a problem because "that's how they made the game"?
have you ever lost a race because the AI pulled out a red shell after you get three coins in a row?
have you ever needed an actual weapon to win 1st place in rainbow road and got a coin?

what if i made the game where you are forced to grab items and every time you grabbed them it had an 80% chance to play an obnoxiously loud voice clip of a baby crying and made you spin out for 10 seconds

oh, and if you don't have 10 coins it gives you 2 coins to add to the total

is it not bad game design/broken because it's how i decided to make the game? it's a challenge.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 pm
YIM

What you described just now it bad luck, not bad design. Those things don't happen to everyone, and like I said I have experienced that same type of dick moves from other online players. But again, that's the challenge and learning how to do it differently next time. Stop thinking of things as "this thing annoyed me, bad game design 2/10", and start thinking "this is annoying, but i'll fight through it or learn how to do things differently."

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:13 pm

mightyXtreme wrote:
What you described just now it bad luck, not bad design. Those things don't happen to everyone, and like I said I have experienced that same type of dick moves from other online players. But again, that's the challenge and learning how to do it differently next time. Stop thinking of things as "this thing annoyed me, bad game design 2/10", and start thinking "this is annoying, but i'll fight through it or learn how to do things differently."

do what differently? get better luck?
and my example is bad luck too. you had a 20% chance to not baby-cry spin out.

the AI is cheating and the fact that you are totally defenseless for 1/2 of the game is s***.

aaand wait a second. you just said it's bad luck. i thought it was skill? what happened to skill?
i never said the game is a 2/10 but it sure as f*** isn't a 10/10.

i played through the game and did not enjoy the 150CC/Mirror Mode cups because so much of it is determined by luck. i hate having to restart the entire cup so i can star it because a red shell got me and i couldn't do s*** f*** about it.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:21 pm
YIM

Those are your problems, not mine. I had no issue dealing with bad luck in the game, and in racing games, there hardly any skill besides track memorizing. I liked the game, if you didn't then that's too bad. But don't make your bad experience with the game a "bad game". That's all i'm gonna say.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:24 pm

mightyXtreme wrote:
Those are your problems, not mine. I had no issue dealing with bad luck in the game, and in racing games, there hardly any skill besides track memorizing. I liked the game, if you didn't then that's too bad. But don't make your bad experience with the game a "bad game". That's all i'm gonna say.

quit putting words in my mouth, i never said it was a bad game.

you go on the gamefaqs forum, don't you? you posted a link from there earlier. did you go on the MK8 forum? most people, if not all hate the item distribution. it's lazy, too luck-based, and frustrating.

does balance not matter to you or something though? you always bring up skill repeatedly and continuously blame the player for not being able to do something. let me ask you this. what if green shells knocked you out of the race forever, and all you could do is hope the item box gives you the right item. if it doesn't? git gud.

"git gud" is the s*** excuse for bad game design. in a game that's meant to be balls hard like F-Zero? that makes sense. but something like this where it's just luck and you might as well just be playing slots at the end of the game? you can't git gud. you can't git gud at RNG.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 pm
YIM

I'd also appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth as well. I don't constantly say skill is everything. I don't go on gamefaqs or other forums regularly, I posted a fake leak in the smash topic, that has nothing to do with this topic. Balance does matter, but it doesn't matter if I don't have a problem with it, or it's not bad enough for me to notice it all that much. That's just me. Keep replying all you want, but this is the last thing I say on this matter. I had no issue with it, that's all that matters to me for the most part. Hate me all you want, but that's how I am with games.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
mightyXtreme wrote:
I'd also appreciate it if you don't put words in my mouth as well. I don't constantly say skill is everything. I don't go on gamefaqs or other forums regularly, I posted a fake leak in the smash topic, that has nothing to do with this topic. Balance does matter, but it doesn't matter if I don't have a problem with it, or it's not bad enough for me to notice it all that much. That's just me. Keep replying all you want, but this is the last thing I say on this matter. I had no issue with it, that's all that matters to me for the most part. Hate me all you want, but that's how I am with games.

dude chill out

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:42 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
mightyXtreme wrote:
in racing games, there hardly any skill besides track memorizing
This is among the most boundlessly stupid things I've seen on MG thanks

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Alright guys, clean it up.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Location: The Dark World, currently sitting on my Throne, Waiting for someone good at brawl to fight me.
Hmm. Personally if item balance is an issue it's really in the entirety of the structure of item distribution. I normally don't have troubles getting first in every cup. I actually enjoy the coin for being able to return 2 coins after being hit by a blue shell. But that's just about it. Blue shells and the Lightning items are the balance makers of the game. Whenever you get to first you're pretty much sailing to a free win since everyone else behind you is beating each other up with their great items. It isn't until you get hit with one of the previous mentioned items that you will fall back in place.

I'M GOING TO BE ALL OF THE DRAGONS

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:05 am

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
You talk about how blue shells and lightning are the only things you need to worry about in first place as if you never managed to take the finish line at the last second with three red shells.

(I have.)

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:35 am
 [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next