The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
What are you playing during quarantine? 

Waifu: zero suit wario
Super Mario 65 wrote:
i tried playing kirby's adventure a while back because it's on the switch nes thing and. wow that's hard to go back too. it's not bad but like. just play the gba remake

Eh, I like the NiDL but like.....
Idk it just doesn't feel like the same amount of passion was put into it, I love the new sprites and animations a ton but like
The levels feel more like something you'd make on Mario Maker on 10 minutes rather than actual environments like in the original

pics to illustrate what i mean: show

(This is more a me problem, but man this remake really lazed out on a good chunk of the stages, the GBA was capable of much better looking games, like Mario Advance came out earlier and it looks so much better on environments
...also the remake has screen crunch so that's c o o l)

although, yeah, I admit the NES one is.... stanky as f***, with its lag and some dickish enemy placement.... but luckily there's the 3d Classics version that fixes the lag and actually improves some of the effects so I recommend playing that one more
(and sorry for the long a** post)

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:49 pm

yeah the lag was 100% my issue. i might give the 3ds version a go if it fixes that

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Yeah, it does fix it!
YouTube Video:

Here's a video of the game in action if you wanna give it a peek as to how it runs

Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Waifu: I'm married
After what happened to me and things I saw and what's going on I get a bit uncomfortable looking at botws graphics and Zelda's "extended feud" with Ganon and you know

And when Bros be like "duuuuuuude breath of the wild!" I'm kinda sickened, even though I don't want to be a douche about it, and instantly everyone's all alienated and nobody ever really talks about why???
Because the way the game is like, I would expect normal people to see it and be like uhhhhh
But instead their behavior tends to follow that pattern I listed and it makes me wish having friends
And trying to make sense out of Zelda's figure in that game is like... :bowser: :blackmage: it was pretty implicit and it wasn't wrong as to what it predicted

And looking back at that it's just kind of like... "You can't trust no one these days enough to even say you can't trust no one these days"

And all the dungeons are like rubbing ice pack coolant on your lips and trying to fly headfirst straight into those little bowls you put the staple trigger ball things into
"Thisssss is zeeeeeldaaaaa" it whispers and that's not exactly true because of the coolant thing but the brain damage from the bowl is exactly what Zelda dungeons feel like

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Kirb-Star wrote:
Yeah, it does fix it!
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIJmjAKY2-4 ]
Here's a video of the game in action if you wanna give it a peek as to how it runs

How I loved that version of Kirby's Adventure on 3DS, though the 3D wasn't so mesmerizing, it indeed corrected some performance issues the original NES version had.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Yep! It is honestly the definitive version for me, even if it wasn't as 3d focused as the other games on 3d classics (urban champion looked surprisingly good ngl) it was already one of the better games on the NES library so it gets a plus for letting it perform so optimally!

Also the final battle looks DOPE the background now has this atmosphere esque effect i just can't describe, it's great

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:30 pm
 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4