The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:15 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
RP stuff 

Thaiberium wrote:
Eh, can we make it a fleet of trade ships? Small trade ships? Either way, I like space battles.

Personally, I don't like spreading out the players, but a fleet also creates interaction between groups who know each other.
I want the feeling of isolation in a tin can zooming through deep, frozen space, where you encounter lifeforms unknown. Similar to those Sci-Fi B movies where the dashing (often stereotypical) hero is alone on his ship, having lost connection with his comrades, and stumbles upon strange beings out in space.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am
Site Moderator

Mr. Karate wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Eh, can we make it a fleet of trade ships? Small trade ships? Either way, I like space battles.

Personally, I don't like spreading out the players, but a fleet also creates interaction between groups who know each other.
I want the feeling of isolation in a tin can zooming through deep, frozen space, where you encounter lifeforms unknown. Similar to those Sci-Fi B movies where the dashing (often stereotypical) hero is alone on his ship, having lost connection with his comrades, and stumbles upon strange beings out in space.

So will the characters have a sort of translator, they speak the same language, or will it be trying to figure out what the heck the other person is saying?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Mr. Karate wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

So like Flash Gordon crossed with Star Trek or something?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 am

Mr. Karate wrote:
:'( wrote:
hahaha 5 days without posts is refused
and by the way you're supposed to say "a part"

Want to go suck my dick?

Either way, just two people said something, then they didn't even take the time to write up a sheet, therefore, they don't give a s#%$&.

Hey, I wrote a bio for you D:

It just sounded like it was specifically for Sayo's because replacing scientist with potion maker is easier than saying "Oh but in this RP he doesn't have many potion maeking stuffs but he thinks there is some on the other side of big barrier thing".

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 am

Tonberry wrote:
So will the characters have a sort of translator, they speak the same language, or will it be trying to figure out what the heck the other person is saying?

The galaxy has had human interaction, but the crew is not aware of the system itself. Some creatures will speak similarly, but others won't, creating awkward situations.

Thaiberium wrote:
Mr. Karate wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

So like Flash Gordon crossed with Star Trek or something?

Yeah, I was going for a Flash Gordon/50's Sci-Fi style mixed with modern takes on the genre.

WarPandaXI wrote:
Hey, I wrote a bio for you D:

It just sounded like it was specifically for Sayo's because replacing scientist with potion maker is easier than saying "Oh but in this RP he doesn't have many potion maeking stuffs but he thinks there is some on the other side of big barrier thing".

You were really the only person though.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Well I usually don't write bios until there's either a sheet or a go-ahead from the writer to do so.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Kyzak wrote:
Well I usually don't write bios until there's either a sheet or a go-ahead from the writer to do so.

I wrote at the end that they could send in bios at any time, explaining what they could omit.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm

I really only feel comfortable writing a bio when there's a sheet to write it on...

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:03 am

WarPandaXI wrote:
I really only feel comfortable writing a bio when there's a sheet to write it on...

Take a step out of your comfort zone. It'll make you better.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try, I'll get to work on it in a few minutes.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:20 pm

WarPandaXI wrote:
Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try, I'll get to work on it in a few minutes.

Looking back, I should have said, "it builds character," for extra punishment.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 pm
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2