The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[C] Nintendo Switch 

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
It's an extra step in a process that has no reason to need an extra step.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:17 am

Crow wrote:
because downloading an app is hard f*** work

I've always figured that Nintendo fans only defend Nintendo so furiously because they've never actually tried another system to see how much better things are there. It's like video game North Korea, except you actually have a choice. Posts like this back my point up.

Needing a phone app for online voice chat is f*** ridiculous to anyone except Nintendo fans. It's a standard feature of the other systems. If you're going to be using a phone to talk to people, you can just use Skype (or Discord or whatever it is that the kids use these days) instead of paying Nintendo for the "privilege".

s***'s ridiculous. Wake up.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:01 am

the leader of the bunch wrote:
If you're going to be using a phone to talk to people

The audacity

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
wait, is this s*** about the phone even confirmed? Last I heard there was just a REALLY vague quote from Reggie

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:21 pm

Term wrote:
wait, is this s*** about the phone even confirmed? Last I heard there was just a REALLY vague quote from Reggie

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

"Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device. "

Sure makes it sound like it's required

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:27 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
oh alright

carry on

Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:51 am
Site Moderator

Crow wrote:

I've always figured that Nintendo fans only defend Nintendo so furiously because they've never actually tried another system to see how much better things are there. It's like video game North Korea, except you actually have a choice. Posts like this back my point up.

Needing a phone app for online voice chat is f*** ridiculous to anyone except Nintendo fans. It's a standard feature of the other systems. If you're going to be using a phone to talk to people, you can just use Skype (or Discord or whatever it is that the kids use these days) instead of paying Nintendo for the "privilege".

being gullible enough to get swindled by product loyalty really knows no bounds; i say this as someone who spent $400 on a ps4. i wouldn't chock it up as primarily a nintendrone thing despite nintendrones insistently pretending it is still the gamecube era (don't blame them) and that nintendo is both creatively and technically "in the race" with its competitors

i MAY be biased/myopic by saying this but i don't even think it's a matter of brand loyalty anymore inasmuch as a natural tendency of game players to act as though they will ever actually get that much significant use from the gaming products they buy like they react when it is announced/advertised. for example someone (probably with a few screws loose) who really likes skyrim in theory might have reacted to the port announcement like "i enjoy this game, i like the idea of playing it on the go, i might buy this console on launch"

and then they buy it and end up only playing a few hours of splatoon at home on the weekends because ultimately it's a barely-useful $300 paperweight that eats data sometimes and you will never have the time nor will you want to play all of the video games you think you want to play

basically people love to expect things to be more useful than they are, and when those things suck hard and have no forethought put into them, they kneejerk with buyers remorse at their poor purchasing decisions

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:51 am

esper wrote:
Crow wrote:

being gullible enough to get swindled by product loyalty really knows no bounds; i say this as someone who spent $400 on a ps4. i wouldn't chock it up as primarily a nintendrone thing despite nintendrones insistently pretending it is still the gamecube era (don't blame them) and that nintendo is both creatively and technically "in the race" with its competitors

i MAY be biased/myopic by saying this but i don't even think it's a matter of brand loyalty anymore inasmuch as a natural tendency of game players to act as though they will ever actually get that much significant use from the gaming products they buy like they react when it is announced/advertised. for example someone (probably with a few screws loose) who really likes skyrim in theory might have reacted to the port announcement like "i enjoy this game, i like the idea of playing it on the go, i might buy this console on launch"

and then they buy it and end up only playing a few hours of splatoon at home on the weekends because ultimately it's a barely-useful $300 paperweight that eats data sometimes and you will never have the time nor will you want to play all of the video games you think you want to play

basically people love to expect things to be more useful than they are, and when those things suck hard and have no forethought put into them, they kneejerk with buyers remorse at their poor purchasing decisions

your signature made that even funnier

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:03 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
I am Setsuna is releasing on the Switch in March 3.
I have a weakness for old school RPG games so I'm definitely getting it.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:36 pm

it's on PC dude

you can just play it right now

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Oh, if that's the case I'll just go get it.

Not sure if my PC can handle it, considering it's a potato that can't even handle GameCube games. I'll see if I can optimize it.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:25 pm

YouTube Video:

Some guy got an extra early pre-order copy of the Switch; there's no games on it yet (obviously), but you can still get a look at the system's UI. If you want to see the video in higher quality, or if Nintendo eventually files a copyright claim on the youtube link, you can find another link here.

You know, long as I'm here, I just want to say that I think they really screwed the pooch by trying to push motion controls and HD vibration, especially the motion controls. Two reasons: first, they're gimmicks that are more than likely responsible for the extreme price hike for the controllers, for these $80 controllers. But second, the motion control mechanic is inherently counter to the console's pitch as a portable console. Do they think we'll be using motion controls when we're walking through the park playing this thing like a plus-size Vita? Do they think I'm going to have room to flick controllers around when I'm sitting in an airplane?

I Am Setsuna isn't even a very good game. It's too short, and the story is so simplistic.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Jeez man, calm down.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I was considering picking one up today, but my brother went ahead and got the Wii U version of BotW before I could, meaning there's not a reason to right now. I mean, Bomberman's nice, but not $400 nice.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
I'm get it for my birthday
rip me it's in july

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:58 pm
 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next