The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 12 posts ] 
Favouriting threads 

Waifu: You!
Put a link at the top of the page to favoured threads that are like quicklinks to the newest post in each thread

It could also say how many posts have been made in that thread since last viewing
eg Hakker could favourite the name changing section, and it would so how many people have requested name changes and also show the link to the latest post

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:37 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
butter cup wrote:
Put a link at the top of the page to favoured threads that are like quicklinks to the newest post in each thread

It could also say how many posts have been made in that thread since last viewing
eg Hakker could favourite the name changing section, and it would so how many people have requested name changes and also show the link to the latest post

You can already set it to email you whenever a new post is made in a certain topic, and theres already a link up the top that takes you to the newest post made since your last visit. This isn't neccesary...

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 am

Tid wrote:
butter cup wrote:

You can already set it to email you whenever a new post is made in a certain topic, and theres already a link up the top that takes you to the newest post made since your last visit. This isn't neccesary...

Newest post like ever, not just in the thread you want

And the email thing is similiar but you have to go to your emails and instead of that you can just stay on this site.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:03 am

butter cup wrote:
Tid wrote:
butter cup wrote:

Newest post like ever, not just in the thread you want

And the email thing is similiar but you have to go to your emails and instead of that you can just stay on this site.

Hmmm... True. I might be wrong but I seem to recall "newest post" being declined. Why would you want newest post in whole site anyway?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 am

Currently Playing: The Game
You can keep track of your favourite threads by "subscribing" to it. Then go to your UCP and look at the "Manage subscription" section. You can then turn off the email notifications so you don't get useless emails.

Admittedly your idea is just an extension of what phpBB3 already offers and if anyone was developing it, I bet you could find an addon of it and try to push for someone with FTP access to install it for you.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Site Admin

Thaiberium wrote:
You can keep track of your favourite threads by "subscribing" to it. Then go to your UCP and look at the "Manage subscription" section. You can then turn off the email notifications so you don't get useless emails.

Admittedly your idea is just an extension of what phpBB3 already offers and if anyone was developing it, I bet you could find an addon of it and try to push for someone with FTP access to install it for you.

That seems be close enough to what you want, what more could you ask?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
Cleod9 wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

That seems be close enough to what you want, what more could you ask?

I want a new house, an ice-cream cone and to be the new owner of the forum. :wee:

But yeah, it's what Thai said. :sweat:

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
But either the topic is dead, or lots of people post in it. Why would anyone want to be receiving 100's of emails a day just about other people's posting in that section?

Adopted by Shounic

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Nobody wrote:
But either the topic is dead, or lots of people post in it. Why would anyone want to be receiving 100's of emails a day just about other people's posting in that section?

Perhaps maybe everytime you go into a sub forum you would see your fav. topics above the stickies.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Lucy Nettims wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Perhaps maybe everytime you go into a sub forum you would see your fav. topics above the stickies.

...That's actually a good idea...

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:01 pm
Site Admin

Tid wrote:
Lucy Nettims wrote:
Nobody wrote:

...That's actually a good idea...

I don't see a difference though in just subscribing to a topic... The goal here if you ask me is to have a separate place to see the status of your favorite topics.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Kyuubit~ wrote:
Try looking harder, retard.

Underneath the New Topic and Post Reply buttons their is a "bookmark topic" link.

Then, just go to the UCP and click "manage bookmarks".

hey don't call me a retard when thots syndrome has not been classified as retardation

I did not see that though, so :lock:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 am
 [ 12 posts ]