The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:42 pm

[ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 39  Next
The Salt Mines 
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
I'm talking about outplaying them repeatedly. As in reading them, spacing, punishing well, etc.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:48 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Not so much salt as a sad observation. The "Pro Only" rooms online :xd:. How many legitimately good players actually name their rooms that? In my experience, not a lot. My man Burningeyes has been rolling out the same Link for like 6 months now. Same camp game (I don't think he's ever approached me). Same tendencies (like I don't know you're going to dair when you're above me). Even does the same thing every time he gets a kill (throws bombs off the ledge lol). 6 months with zero adaptation and he's still looking for "Pro Only". Not salty, just sad.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
n95 makes me salty as f***. I lose to his pika playing seriously as falcon, but then 2 stock him as marth using only fsmash. you're forced to play like an idiot against him. which is why I'll probably never play him again.

/PJSalt

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I'm tired of everything dying at 150%~ and being forced to fish for upsmashes if I want them to die sooner.

All I have to show for myself is fancy moves that don't kill things.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:14 pm

(Can't delete?)

Last edited by sparty88 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Jammy wrote:
n95 makes me salty as f#%$&. I lose to his pika playing seriously as falcon, but then 2 stock him as marth using only fsmash. you're forced to play like an idiot against him. which is why I'll probably never play him again.

/PJSalt

Well Pika is difficult for Falcon and Marth is difficult for Pika so long as there are platforms. But yeah, n95 seems to develop a frustrating style for whatever character he uses. His Lloyd used to annoy the hell out of me.

RemPrower wrote:
I'm tired of everything dying at 150%~ and being forced to fish for upsmashes if I want them to die sooner.

All I have to show for myself is fancy moves that don't kill things.

You kill with aerials out of spin dash pretty often.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:22 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Jammy wrote:
n95 makes me salty as f***. I lose to his pika playing seriously as falcon, but then 2 stock him as marth using only fsmash. you're forced to play like an idiot against him. which is why I'll probably never play him again.

/PJSalt
I really need to add to this, because he consistently joins my rooms, playing with the intent like he has something to proven: which is absolutely nothing.

About the being of last November, I played him a last of using multiple characters. It was the first I even seen him play anyone outside of Lloyd. And it examples why he only uses Lloyd. Basically he spams with every character in the same matter that he spams with Lloyd. The thing is that it only works and is difficult to defeat when he's using Lloyd is because Lloyd is feels to throw-out anything he wants, and 90% of what he does is safe. That combined with the fact that he's a player that abuses and relies on online input-lag to win.

His strategies with. . .:

- Mario - Shoot fireballs from mid-range. Not even projectile-cancelling them. Just stand there and shoot them.
- Ness - PK Fire spam when far, spam Usmash when close (because it can juggle into itself).
- Falcon - Falcon Punch. . . Nothing but Dash, Jump, Reverse-Falcon Punch. I honestly don't remember him using a single different move. Disgusting.
- Samus - Spam missiles. Once I'm at 70%, spam Back-airs.
- Naruto - obvious.jpg

It's like nothing else but throwing out 1-3 moves in the character's moveset.

Honestly, that's not bad. That's 70% of the players online. But it's the fact of claiming. . .
Nintendo95's sig wrote:
Best Lloyd player and maybe the best super smash flash 2 player?
. . . When he's miles away from both of those title, playing solely off gimmicks (and still loses). It's just a lack of pride.

I have no problems with him as a person/player, it's just that he resorts to mashing with obviously broken aspect of characters, and refuses to learn reasonable fundamentals because of relying on them (And after all those flaws, still claims to be the best). The atmosphere and feeling I get when I'm against him is like our matches are part of a APEX grand finals set. There's not room to enjoy the match, like this isn't video game. Everything is on the line. Because (while not being particularly good) he plays like he has to sell his mother's soul if he loses any match.

I just 2-stocked N95's Lloyd with Kirby today. But it's like it doesn't matter. Win/lose playing against him feels empty. Those type of overly-serious "Do whatever it takes to win," play-styles almost make me want to stop playing online.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:59 pm
BR Member

Zalozis wrote:
Jammy wrote:
n95 makes me salty as f#%$&. I lose to his pika playing seriously as falcon, but then 2 stock him as marth using only fsmash. you're forced to play like an idiot against him. which is why I'll probably never play him again.

/PJSalt
I really need to add to this, because he consistently joins my rooms, playing with the intent like he has something to proven: which is absolutely nothing.

About the being of last November, I played him a last of using multiple characters. It was the first I even seen him play anyone outside of Lloyd. And it examples why he only uses Lloyd. Basically he spams with every character in the same matter that he spams with Lloyd. The thing is that it only works and is difficult to defeat when he's using Lloyd is because Lloyd is feels to throw-out anything he wants, and 90% of what he does is safe. That combined with the fact that he's a player that abuses and relies on online input-lag to win.

- Mario - Shoot fireballs from mid-range. Not even projectile-cancelling them. Just stand there and shoot them.
- Ness - PK Fire spam when far, spam Usmash when close (because it can juggle into itself).
- Falcon - Falcon Punch. . . Nothing but Dash, Jump, Reverse-Falcon Punch. I honestly don't remember him using a single different move. Disgusting.
- Naruto - obvious.jpg

Honestly, that's not bad. That's 70% of the players online. But it's the fact of claiming. . .
Nintendo95's sig wrote:
. . . When he's miles away from both of those title, playing solely off gimmicks (and still loses). It's just a lack of pride.

I have no problems with him as a person/player, it's just that he resorts to mashing with obviously broken aspect of characters, and refuses to learn reasonable fundamentals because of relying on them. The atmosphere and feeling I get when I'm against him is like our matches are part of a APEX grand finals set. There's not room to enjoy the match, like this isn't video game. Everything is on the line. Because (while not being particularly good) he plays like he has to sell his mother's soul if he loses any match.

I just 2-stocked N95's Lloyd with Kirby today. But it's like it doesn't matter. Win/lose playing against him feels empty. Those type of overly-serious "Do whatever it takes to win," play-styles almost make me want to stop playing online.

let me just add to this salt train by saying that Lunary's Lloyd is far and away the best I've played. It's probably 10x better than n95's, so idk why he is claiming the best Lloyd title. And best SSF2 player? Not even gonna comment.

Youtube         Twitch

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:17 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
mane, zalo nd jammy hoppin up to dis n95, guess my opinion gonna come thru next, he's a lovely guy to chat w/ imo, and when he isn't playing gay af he's p fun to play too, but y'know how I jokingly say s*** like 'I'm basically the best ssf2 player' (shoutouts 2 nogh), he seems to do stuff like that but mean it, which is kinda dumb. so idk, mixed opinions on the dude.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:07 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
Jammy wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
Jammy wrote:

/PJSalt

- Naruto - obvious.jpg

Nintendo95's sig wrote:

I have no problems with him as a person/player, it's just that he resorts to mashing with obviously broken aspect of characters, and refuses to learn reasonable fundamentals because of relying on them. The atmosphere and feeling I get when I'm against him is like our matches are part of a APEX grand finals set. There's not room to enjoy the match, like this isn't video game. Everything is on the line. Because (while not being particularly good) he plays like he has to sell his mother's soul if he loses any match.

let me just add to this salt train by saying that Lunary's Lloyd is far and away the best I've played. It's probably 10x better than n95's, so idk why he is claiming the best Lloyd title. And best SSF2 player? Not even gonna comment.

n**** went in LOL

Attachments:
xZcHi10.png
xZcHi10.png [ 26.52 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D
Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Well uhh... Just gonna skip that discussion about N95. But what really gives me diabetes is when you are playing against a good player, but the connection is just total crap. Like, I don't mind playing in slow-mo, but if the connection is nothing but lag spikes, that just takes all the fun away. It's stuff like that makes we wanna play Crusade for the rest of that day.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:36 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I used to hear Lord Yoshi was pretty good, but We couldn't connect well, so I'll prolly never know.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:55 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Gosick wrote:
mane, zalo nd jammy hoppin up to dis n95, guess my opinion gonna come thru next, he's a lovely guy to chat w/ imo, and when he isn't playing gay af he's p fun to play too, but y'know how I jokingly say s*** like 'I'm basically the best ssf2 player' (shoutouts 2 nogh), he seems to do stuff like that but mean it, which is kinda dumb. so idk, mixed opinions on the dude.
I honestly never chatted with him. It's just the playing with him, against his counter intuitive methods just really destroys some of the enjoyment of play. And that's frustrating when it's the main thing I play the game for, more so over the competitive nature. I do apologize for the the the initial critique of him. It's wasn't fair to do. And I really can't hold it against him either. I've played with him quite a lot since online was introduced.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:23 am

I play for a mix of fun and competition. But at the end if the day, I just want to prove that I can do cool s***. Dropping games to people I would beat otherwise doesn't phase me. If these online tournaments start becoming more legit, maybe there will be some incentive to take them seriously and see how far I can go, but results without style are meaningless. Playing the game cool is a prerequisite for being good in my book, and managing to win while doing it is what sets you apart.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:31 am
BR Member

Zalozis wrote:
Gosick wrote:
mane, zalo nd jammy hoppin up to dis n95, guess my opinion gonna come thru next, he's a lovely guy to chat w/ imo, and when he isn't playing gay af he's p fun to play too, but y'know how I jokingly say s#%$& like 'I'm basically the best ssf2 player' (shoutouts 2 nogh), he seems to do stuff like that but mean it, which is kinda dumb. so idk, mixed opinions on the dude.
I honestly never chatted with him. It's just the playing with him, against his counter intuitive methods just really destroys some of the enjoyment of play. And that's frustrating when it's the main thing I play the game for, more so over the competitive nature. I do apologize for the the the initial critique of him. It's wasn't fair to do. And I really can't hold it against him either. I've played with him quite a lot since online was introduced.

no apology from me. PJSalt PJSalt PSalt

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:34 am
 [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 39  Next