The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:16 pm

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
HELL, GET PACHINO NOW.
He's guilty.
Concrete Vote: Pachino

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
As I said earlier, my character is Granny Riddleton. I was blessed with a potentially amazing ability. My ability allowed me to investigate a dead player. After investigating the dead player, my abilities would change to whomever I investigated. As you can see, this ability has great potential to help the town. With this in mind, I had two strategies planned out
-I would wait for a mafia member to die. I would use my ability on the dead mafia member, giving the town a great role to use against the mafia.
-If an investigator died, I would use my ability on the investigator.

The first day, I you may recall, I was very certain that a no lynch would be the best move for the day. Throughout the day, my trust in the almost all the players was diminishing; one could take any pattern of actions during day 1 and spin it to seem scumlike. Although I had my FoS's, everyone seemed like they could pass for mafia, and I was certain that a lynch there was no real evidence to push a lynch. I was convinced that a lynch on day 1 would certainly lead to a mislynch and would put the town at a disadvantage at the start.

That being said, there were a couple reasons as to why I decided to claim investigator during the first day. Due to limitations, I would be completely defenseless during the first night. Worst case scenario, there was a 1 in 8 chance that I would be targeted during the night, a chance made even higher due to my play in the last mafia game. In order to help ensure I would live through the first night, I jumped at the chance to show my innocence, claiming an investigative role. (Although claming as an investigative role may have been a bit misleading, it was not a lie at the time.) Even if the rest of the town did not believe me, the fact that I claimed investigator gave me some security during the night.

My second reason went with strategy #2. If the investigator died and I started spewing investigations the next day, I feared I would not be seen as credible. I felt that claiming investigator would make myself seem more credible if such a scenario arose.

Travel to the past: Choose a dead player and use that ability during the night - no restrictions except I cannot use the ability on the same player twice in a row.

Travel to the future: skip a day - already used to avoid bandwagon lynch

Now, the fact that gold was killed during the night really put me in a bad spot. I highly doubt the mafia was bussed and fully meant to set up the bandwagoning situation. They'd get two birds with one stone; kill gold and crabby would go too.

In short, I'm not mafia. I have a cool, helpful role that potentially gives us full access to all roles.

On to the current situation....
The people I feel are in the clear are
-DJ Wiz
-Believeblood
-Genis

I'm inclined to believe Genis; Pachino is most likely mafia if Genis cgot a guilty on him. My vote is going to Pachino.

Assuming Pachino is mafia and is lynched today, the players will be
- DJ Wizard Cop - confirmed townie
- Brikmaethor
- crabbyman66 - townie
- Believeblood - confirmed townie
- The Silent One
- Genis - confirmed townie

There will be one mafia member left. (Panther Leo was our 3rd party, and kevinb and FoD were Mafia) Using the combination of our three investigative roles, we can split up investigations determine with 100% accuracy who our last mafia member is.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
I see my vote gets lost in the block of text. For clarification, I voted Pachino.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:40 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Brilliant strategy, sir. I don't believe you entirely yet, but you certainly have your reasons for credibility.

But yeah, Genis is pretty much clear. Vote: Pachino

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:11 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Unless Brik is a framer.

Actually, that's exactly the type of strategy he'd use. I bet it's him that set up the Emmy thing too.

There's more proof that Pachino's guilty though. He's been bandwagoning on everything.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:16 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Hang on a second. I already claimed a while back. I'm Reinhold Duke, a jailkeeper. I'm guessing I was framed then.

Also, I only bandwagoned for reasons stated earlier.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Well I could just hammer the nail right now...but there is a chance there is a framer. If we lynch pachino and he is mafia then good for us, but on the off chance that he's innocent some of us might point fingers at genis. Usually we would be right to do so, but if you add a framer into this equation then the mafia would have gotten rid of three of us...If we do lynch pachino and he is innocent then we must agree to not lynch Genis for this reason.
Brik and Pachino are the most likely suspects... for the last remaining mafia. However I can't help but think that genis has a secret or two, maybe it's just my imagination.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:13 pm

[quote="Believeblood"]Well I could just hammer the nail right now...but there is a chance there is a framer Which there apparently is. If we lynch pachino and he is mafia then good for us, but on the off chance that he's innocent some of us might point fingers at genis Genis has already been cleared. The next likely suspect is Brikmaethor. Usually we would be right to do so, but if you add a framer into this equation then the mafia would have gotten rid of three of us...If we do lynch pachino and he is innocent then we must agree to not lynch Genis for this reason.
Brik and Pachino are the most likely suspects... for the last remaining mafia. However I can't help but think that genis has a secret or two A secret?, maybe it's just my imagination.[/quote

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Pachino wrote:
Hang on a second. I already claimed a while back. I'm Reinhold Duke, a jailkeeper. I'm guessing I was framed then.

Also, I only bandwagoned for reasons stated earlier.

Claim doesn't mean cleared. Also, I got a guilty on you.
Believeblood wrote:
Well I could just hammer the nail right now...but there is a chance there is a framer. If we lynch pachino and he is mafia then good for us, but on the off chance that he's innocent some of us might point fingers at genis. Usually we would be right to do so, but if you add a framer into this equation then the mafia would have gotten rid of three of us...If we do lynch pachino and he is innocent then we must agree to not lynch Genis for this reason.
Brik and Pachino are the most likely suspects... for the last remaining mafia. However I can't help but think that genis has a secret or two, maybe it's just my imagination.
I am not holding back anything. I am an investigator, most likely not faulty, and Pachino got guilty. What more could you ask?

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Fine I'll hammer this Vote:Pachino

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Bye Pachino. Feel free to say anything you want.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:59 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Day 4: First vote count

[4] Pachino: Genis, DJ Wizard Cop, crabbyman66, Believeblood
[1] crabbyman66: Pachino

Bold for concrete votes

Not voting yet:
- Brikmaethor
- The Silent One

With 7 people alive, 4 votes are needed to cast a lynch in a person
Deadline: Sept. 25th, 2:00 PM, UTC -3.

YouTube Video:

Twilight Phase starts now.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Last edited by Ikuyo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah...
Worst. Mafia. Loss. In. The. History. Of. MG. Mafias.
You guys win. Congrats.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:03 pm

"It's been so long. So long in fact that I'd forgotten what love even felt like. Instead, my love for Sophia was replaced by anger and that anger completely blinded me."

Pachino (Anton Herzel, Folsense Vampire) has been lynched!

YouTube Video:

Last edited by Ikuyo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 pm

With this final decision...

Townies have winned this mafia game!

Congratulations to you, surviving players, and dead townies!
Posting Role list, and Night Actions History soon.

Enjoy your victory theme!
YouTube Video:

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:16 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next