The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:33 am

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Want Commentary on Combos? Peach Tutorial? 
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Hey guys, its Sorabotics, the Peach player. Miracle 7 gave me the idea of commentating on combos, which means I would explaining why I used a certain attack, how I tech chase, and what's going through my head. He also suggested a Peach tutorial video, which I can more aptly do since I'll being getting a new, legit mic soon. Are these things you guys would want me to do? Let me know what you think!

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:22 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Sorabotics wrote:
Hey guys, its Sorabotics, the Peach player. Miracle 7 gave me the idea of commentating on combos, which means I would explaining why I used a certain attack, how I tech chase, and what's going through my head. He also suggested a Peach tutorial video, which I can more aptly do since I'll being getting a new, legit mic soon. Are these things you guys would want me to do? Let me know what you think!

explain peaches out of shield options in this game because of how different they are from melee.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:45 am
BR Member

Bomono wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

explain peaches out of shield options in this game because of how different they are from melee.

Well, besides grab and nair out of shield, her options are pretty limited. I'm not really too much of a peach player, but I do study Armada. You mainly want to avoid getting pressured into shield, you have to avoid pressure with her fast float speed.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:01 am

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Sorabotics wrote:
Bomono wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

Well, besides grab and nair out of shield, her options are pretty limited. I'm not really too much of a peach player, but I do study Armada. You mainly want to avoid getting pressured into shield, you have to avoid pressure with her fast float speed.

talking about what options are safe on shield would be interesting, as that is also different from melee.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am
BR Member

Bomono wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Bomono wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

talking about what options are safe on shield would be interesting, as that is also different from melee.

Yep, the tutorial would encompass the following:

Moveset analysis
Advanced Techniques
Combo Game
Edgeguarding Tactics
Tech chasing
and more!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
When do you want to get this done? I can help out a little bit with giving you the frame data on her moves, but I won't be able to for a bit.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:41 pm
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
When do you want to get this done? I can help out a little bit with giving you the frame data on her moves, but I won't be able to for a bit.

Probably not anytime soon, I'm waiting for my mic for christmas. And this is going to be a looong video, so it'll take a good bit to edit and produce. If you want to give me frame data, I'm totally cool with that, but you don't have to if you're busy. I was just going to show when her moves come out in slow motion and analyze each move's use.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:27 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sorabotics wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

Probably not anytime soon, I'm waiting for my mic for christmas. And this is going to be a looong video, so it'll take a good bit to edit and produce. If you want to give me frame data, I'm totally cool with that, but you don't have to if you're busy. I was just going to show when her moves come out in slow motion and analyze each move's use.

Frame data is good for looking at the stuff objectively, you might find out something you didn't know :P
And yeah I can't do anything until my exams are done, plus Peach isn't next on my list lol so I won't be able to give you it until later anyways.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 am
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

Frame data is good for looking at the stuff objectively, you might find out something you didn't know :P
And yeah I can't do anything until my exams are done, plus Peach isn't next on my list lol so I won't be able to give you it until later anyways.

Yep, that's cool. No worries

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:17 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
I can help w/ a peach tutorial if needed, more specifically: controlling the games pace, combos, and ofc, being the yung turnip combo lord: turnip/projectile play.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 am
BR Member

Gosick wrote:
I can help w/ a peach tutorial if needed, more specifically: controlling the games pace, combos, and ofc, being the yung turnip combo lord: turnip/projectile play.

Ok, I'll come to you if I need assistance. Lol yung turnip combo lord, alright, you need to relax :P

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 am

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
Sorabotics wrote:
Gosick wrote:

Ok, I'll come to you if I need assistance. Lol yung turnip combo lord, alright, you need to relax :P

cool I'm free most of the time.

I've been looking at CTC's post's on smogon too much lately, sorry. lol.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:46 am

MGN Username: DescendedSun
Currently Playing: SSF2
This seems like a good idea. I'd watch the video.

Youtube

Latest video!
CPU Battles!
YouTube Video:

Support my songs! Soundcloud

MG: Descended_sun - YT:Powerofzarak/DescendedSun - MGN: Descendedsun

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:21 am
BR Member

Descended_Sun wrote:
This seems like a good idea. I'd watch the video.

Awesome! Seems like some people would be interested in watching it, perhaps I can get it featured on the MG facebook page upon completion. I'm going to try to get a majority of it done at the beginning of next semester when I'm not too busy. Hoping to finish it by February.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:34 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
I just hope people will start doing this for other characters as well...

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:49 am
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next