The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 pm

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Welcome to the new Mafia section! 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Moving the conversation here.

Dr.Geno wrote:
The black list IS probation, if you cared to read the topic lol

I did, dude. That isn't probation. People on probation get to be members of society provided that their behaviour consistently meets certain expectations. People in jail have to wait a certain amount of time before they are allowed to participate in society again.

The blacklist is jail, not probation.

Which is a place you get put for repeated offenses, is it not?

Brikmaninoff wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:
Except that there was a majority vote
I'm curious to know who voted.

Go read the mafia skype

Brikmaninoff wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:
We're all going to have to work together if we want this section to thrive, sorry dude.
That's... exactly what my goal is. A community thrives by accepting new players and teaching them. Not by forcing them to sit games out and expecting them to get better without practice. If someone was actually going to guide Axel in observation of a major game, then yeah, I would be fine with asking him to sit out. Shoving him to the side and expecting him to learn through observation when he doesn't know what to look for is silly.

In my opinion, mini-games are the perfect place for Axel if people really don't want him playing in the main games until he gets a bit better. They go by quickly, don't require as much of a commitment and no one really cares if they get "screwed over" by a newbie because the next one is just around the corner.

I mean, if people are really that uptight maybe I'll start a probation mini-league so the official(?) mini-games aren't tainted by incompetence. (And again if people bothered to read Axel's arguments in XIV with an open mind they would see they are actually better than those of some players that aren't on the blacklist.)

Yes of course you're supposed to accept new players and teach them the ropes. Maybe that would apply if Axel was fresh off the boat, and then I would understand your point more, but he isn't. the point of making him sit out games is EXACTLY THAT, he needs to observe and understand what exactly is happening in the games. He doesn't need someone to hold his hand. If he gets the basics explained to him, and then observes the games that are played then I say it's a job well done.

It would be perfect for someone who is new yes, but axel has participated in games, and it's very clear that lack of participation isn't the root issue. It's the lack of understanding, and the lack of commitment. He needs to view games being played so he can understand what people are supposed to do.

That would just complicate things unnecessarily. He's a unique case, so there's really no point in doing all of that.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Scott wrote:
a mafia school would be good if there were more than one person who actually needed it

Yeah I guess one person doesn't exactly constitute a school...

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Haha, if anyone is going to run a mafia school it shouldn't be me. I'm only just learning how to play town effectively.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I guess my main beef with this blacklist thing is that I don't feel the punishment fits the crime. Sitting out two main games is the equivalent of 6+ months. That seems a bit harsh for a first offence. I realize that he could just go play on Mafiascum, but the reason anyone plays here in the first place is because they like the people involved. It's a fun group.

I would be in favour of letting Axel join minis after McLeodGaming Mafia XV (XV, not XIV) ends. That is a fair compromise, in my opinion.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:16 pm
Site Admin

I think using the longest mafia as a way of measuring how long two games will take is silly lol. It'll probably be around two months, maybe three.

And yeah that sounds okay to me.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Depends on the number of players too.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 pm
Site Admin

Yeah. I don't think anyone will be bold enough to want to do another 17 player Mafia, lol.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Dr.Geno wrote:
Yeah. I don't think anyone will be bold enough to want to do another 17 player Mafia, lol.

i'd be down for another one :P

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 am
Site Admin

I would like another large scale one, but I think we shouldn't because everyone drops out and it gets gay.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Dr.Geno wrote:
I would like another large scale one, but I think we shouldn't because everyone drops out and it gets gay.

Well, we could have a policy on huge games that everyone must post every x amount of hours or else they will be replaced and/or modkilled.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:27 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
I'm crying. I wanted this since... ever.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm
Site Admin

I really love this Mafia subsection, and I really enjoy the mini games that go on on the side. Really fun and enjoyable.

@194
I'm glad!

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Thomas Terminator wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:

Well, we could have a policy on huge games that everyone must post every x amount of hours or else they will be replaced and/or modkilled.

The problem with that is finding people to actually replace (and then having to find replacements for the replacements jesus christ)

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Is it possible to host multiple Mini Mafia games at a time? Seeing how much smaller they are... If not, the limit should be raised to at least 3.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Some quick suggestions:

-A thread for after-game analysis/criticism of players among them. I've noticed instances of that kind of threads in most mafia-specialized subforums (mafiascum, smashboards). Also, it will obviously help us all to improve, an it will be better organized than having the game threads open after the game has finished.
-Imposing limit for games running at the same time, both big games and minigames.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm
 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next