The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 pm

[ 5874 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 392  Next
loungest thread v3.0 

which name?????
longest htread 27%  27%  [ 26 ]
loungest thread 73%  73%  [ 70 ]
Total votes : 96

loungest thread v3.0 

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Blue wrote:
Sonario wrote:
One thing about Animal Crossing I never really liked was how it makes you feel pressured to play the game, talk to people, clean weeds etc every single day. It's not supposed to be a day job or have the responsibility of a pet or garden, it's supposed to be a game I play whenever I want for fun.

You shouldn't feel pressured. Just do what you want when you want. The game gives us lots of things to do a day, right? But it doesn't tell us we have to do them. It's not like there's an endgame or even leaderboards. If we didn't have these daily things to do, the game would feel empty. The problem is, you're thinking about it like it's any other game. If you want to grab a couple of fossils, go get 'em. If you don't want to, that's fine. They replenish every single day and the only reward for getting them all is... that you have all of them and can look at them. Don't be in such a hurry to get everything. If I see a new bug, I'll catch it, but I don't set aside time to catch a certain amount of bugs to fill some imaginary quota.

Also, if you're worried about Nook Miles, those are also infinite. You don't have to complete all of the multiplier ones every day because they'll always be there. I have a great time popping in pretty much every day because I like to check both AM and PM turnip prices to add to my monthly log and to head to the Able Sisters' shop to see if there are any new clothes. I'm waiting for that day when a big pink bow shows up in the shop so I can finish my Aeris outfit. I missed out on Redd's art sale because I was planting roses and bushes I bought from Lief when the update happened. But I didn't care because he'll be back, at some point.

When I played New Leaf, I time traveled and made my town perfect and bought f***' everything I could get my hands on in about four weeks. I put the game down and picked it up one time two years later to see what was going on, but there was nothing to do because I already had everything. I decided that's not how I wanted New Horizons to go, so I swore off time traveling. Nothing wrong with it, I just figured I'd stretch my enjoyment out much more by doing what I wanted, then stopping. I'll get to art collecting at some point, but right now I care about clothing and my roses. I get Nook Miles passively by doing these fun things and I'm relaxed because everything is always there when I want to get back to doing it.

That's all fine and good, but my point is that unless you play the game every single day and fulfill your duty as mayor/only active villager by talking to people, cleaning weeds etc, it eventually becomes a miserable wasteland and your favorite villagers either get depressed or leave. It's like having an active social life and it's tiring.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:17 am
Site Moderator

Sonario wrote:
Blue wrote:
Sonario wrote:
One thing about Animal Crossing I never really liked was how it makes you feel pressured to play the game, talk to people, clean weeds etc every single day. It's not supposed to be a day job or have the responsibility of a pet or garden, it's supposed to be a game I play whenever I want for fun.

You shouldn't feel pressured. Just do what you want when you want. The game gives us lots of things to do a day, right? But it doesn't tell us we have to do them. It's not like there's an endgame or even leaderboards. If we didn't have these daily things to do, the game would feel empty. The problem is, you're thinking about it like it's any other game. If you want to grab a couple of fossils, go get 'em. If you don't want to, that's fine. They replenish every single day and the only reward for getting them all is... that you have all of them and can look at them. Don't be in such a hurry to get everything. If I see a new bug, I'll catch it, but I don't set aside time to catch a certain amount of bugs to fill some imaginary quota.

Also, if you're worried about Nook Miles, those are also infinite. You don't have to complete all of the multiplier ones every day because they'll always be there. I have a great time popping in pretty much every day because I like to check both AM and PM turnip prices to add to my monthly log and to head to the Able Sisters' shop to see if there are any new clothes. I'm waiting for that day when a big pink bow shows up in the shop so I can finish my Aeris outfit. I missed out on Redd's art sale because I was planting roses and bushes I bought from Lief when the update happened. But I didn't care because he'll be back, at some point.

When I played New Leaf, I time traveled and made my town perfect and bought f***' everything I could get my hands on in about four weeks. I put the game down and picked it up one time two years later to see what was going on, but there was nothing to do because I already had everything. I decided that's not how I wanted New Horizons to go, so I swore off time traveling. Nothing wrong with it, I just figured I'd stretch my enjoyment out much more by doing what I wanted, then stopping. I'll get to art collecting at some point, but right now I care about clothing and my roses. I get Nook Miles passively by doing these fun things and I'm relaxed because everything is always there when I want to get back to doing it.

That's all fine and good, but my point is that unless you play the game every single day and fulfill your duty as mayor/only active villager by talking to people, cleaning weeds etc, it eventually becomes a miserable wasteland and your favorite villagers either get depressed or leave. It's like having an active social life and it's tiring.

The villagers don't get depressed but they will move on after extended periods of time, if you don't do anything to stop it. But if talking to them is such a chore, just don't do it. You can be an antisocial person in the game. The "rewards" for making friends and stuff is random furniture and clothing you can buy, anyway. Don't be so neurotic and just do what you want, not what everyone says you should be doing to stay "caught up." I can't stress that enough, there's no deadline or competition. If Animal Crossing can't make you relax, then it's clearly not the game for you. It's built around long, drawn out animations and repetitive dialogue to lull you into a dreamlike stupor and make your brain stop and wait for things to happen. You're supposed to ignore stuff and veg out while you dig holes around the villager you hate (Hamlet).

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:47 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Yeah I guess animal crossing
Is like
Aimless and suffocating
And it used to be the sort of thing that seemed harmless
And after days go by
Assuming you don't percolate something in your mind
And take another look at it
And *SCREAM*

you might spend a while going meta at this weird game
And when you realize there's no final boss butterfly or something (maybe there is be quiet punk)
It might hit you
That the whole art style of the game
Is a reminder of how the whole town will always be sitting there
Time passing by, another player could find you sleeping forever
Rotting away in your subconscious, you subtly feel like crying tears of black to think of it
With all sorts of things happening, which could be scripted, ten, twenty years later, you never knew what happened, just imagine how creepy that is
And so the game slowly changes while you let the agony fade from your mind
Who's to say you'd recognize the town at all?
But it's still "there.."
Just waiting
For some shivering player
To discover

A *TERRIBLE SECRET*

Also I've seen screenies on Twitter of characters making note of channelers and stuff
Kids these days

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:03 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

YouTube Video:

Kids these days. They missed out.

Jin wrote:

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:10 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz

buh

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm

The secret to enjoying animal crossing is finding a mahjong arcade machine for sale and being like oh f*** now i need to play every day to see if more things like this will be on sale and if there's a crane game machine or something too and so on because i want all these in my s****

and also talking to marina every day. she is cute

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:45 pm

also as far as i know villagers in NH only ever move out if you tell them it's okay to

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Powerleveling odds of rare chair drops by relaxing with a cup of tea.
Such an animal crossing player character face-esque thing to do

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:51 pm
YIM WWW

It's ironic how I'm correct even though I misinterpreted what kb meant

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:53 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 pm
Site Moderator

I want to make Cleo blush.

Jin wrote:

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:58 pm
Site Moderator

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:32 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
love u all my sweet babies. i’ll miss this place very much.

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:16 am
Site Moderator

Lukepi wrote:
love u all my sweet babies. i’ll miss this place very much.
i love you too chief. im real sad today

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 am
 [ 5874 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 392  Next