The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Stars of Fate 

OOC: Just because you guys aren't fighting doesn't mean you can just neglect the topic. You guys want to move this along or not?

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
((Well, I could make up some lore as we marched to wherever we were supposed to go if that's what you mean.))

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:03 am

OOC: Go ahead. I left little lore or background information intentionally, so a player could bend the universe (to an extent).

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:04 pm
Site Admin

OOC: I've been trying to post something but I have a bit of a cold so I've been kinda neglecting it, hopefully I'll get a post in tomorrow or the day after depending on the direction this cold goes. -.-

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm

((Enough of this inactivity.))

Now his thoughts turned to what lay ahead. Marnid perished thoughts of the three who would stand and fight. If they could not even overcome that soldier, what then of Thenza? It mattered not any more. For now, they were being led to an uncertain future like he was on the road again. The commander had forbidden them to speak and with his hands tied, it would only inconvenience his ability to mime out his intentions. Either way, overt communication was not worth the risk of another blow.

Not far from the village they left stood pyramids of inestimable height. Marnid wondered how he'd even miss such towering structures. Still quite a ways off, they stood and showed off the opulence of who ever built them. In this desert heat, it must have cost a lot in blood, never mind money. Still, he was curious as to why the little girl had not told them to hide in the pyramids. Sure there was more than one way in and whatever lay inside would have been a great trap against the soldiers. Even just fighting them from higher ground would have been advantageous. A shame, but such was hindsight.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 am
Site Admin

She didn't say anything, those men were essentially as good as dead, and she watched as they fought to hurt their captors in anyway possible, it was probably futile in the end. Such was life, sometimes there were occasions were everything was worthless, though she admired their indomitable will. Tiandra wondered what it must have felt like, to be able to stand and fight even though all seemed lost and all was to come to a bloody and violent end. She hoped they wouldn't be forced to watch as the men went through some sort of excruciating torture. These people were sick, they were unfeeling monsters, they were things, mere pawns to be moved about by the mastermind. She wished she could jab a dagger of quick killing poison into each of their empty heads, they may not feel pain but that does not stop the inevitable call of death. She regretted not shooting a bit of her poison arrows before giving her weapons away, though if she had, she'd be in the same situations those men were in. She wasn't sure if she was ready for death.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm

OoC: "Or I'll just fast forward ahead, kill off those separated and continue the story." ...We're given a chance, but only to change the way we die. I feel discouraged.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 am

Viper quickly decided that shooting at the neck would be a good idea, seeing as how his arrows had pierced the armor there. However, it was doubtable that the second in command, as he seemed to be, would let him get another shot there. He needed an opening. Sure, the soldiers may not feel pain, but getting a poison arrow ANYWHERE in that man's body would likely kill him, or at least weaken him enough to let the others kill him. Viper wouldn't let himself die without completing his mission-in this case, destroying the fool in front of him. It seemed that not feeling pain was a good defence, but he knew nothing about this man's offensive power. Getting close could easily be suicidal.

"All you monsters care about is power," Viper started, knowing that words wouldn't even phaze the man, "but dying honorably in battle is better than being a poweful oaf with no morals!" he shouted, obviously angry. Possibly, saying this would distract the fool enough for him to get an opening and fire, or at least let one of the others try to get an attack in on the fool only to be blocked as usual, THEN giving him an opening. He quickly drew a poisonous arrow, one built to weaken the enemy over the course of ten minutes before they finally die. By the time three minutes would pass the man would already be sluggish, and by six he would be unconscious. All he needed was a shot...

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 am

OOC: And you were also given the chance to surrender, with repercussions for resistance. I'm not really the one who even brainstormed this character, that would be my roommate, but there is the possibility that I can pull some strings and decrease hostilities if you do surrender. There is a good chance they'll all make it out alive.

And I'd write up a post, but you caught me in the middle of a term paper this week, so I don't have time to spare at the moment.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm

OOC: No one felt like posting....Well, my paper is done, so I might as well.
Also, I might as well speed up the captured group, because they really won't be able to do much.

The other vagrant began to dash towards him. Kosos dropped his weapons to free his hands. As they plopped into the sand, his right arm steadily rose. As the attacker enter his range, Kosos turned to him, and slammed his fist into his abdominal region. The man fell to the ground, and Kosos turned to the archer again, who was readying his bow.

"Listen," his cold voice echoed sharply. "I am indifferent to your life. I care your your lives as much as I would any other vagrant. I've been called a man with a lack of morals before, this isn't new to me. Normally, I would have turned the other cheek to your existence, but you provoked me into fighting you, and when a fight begins, one combatant must die for it to end. I hold no grudge against you, nor any other man I have slain. I did not choose to kill, I did not choose to join the legion. It is a compulsory task all able citizens must take. You act as if I wear blood lust on my armor. Step one is judgment, step two is ignorance. There is no grand burial for those who judge another by solely their actions. Nor is there grand burial for those who act like heroes, whose passion far outruns their skill. They die because they cannot keep composure during battle. Heroic stories are fiction, boy." His composure did not give way during the entire speech. He lifted his weapon from the sand, and began to walk casually towards the two before him, his face still stone cold.
Sigrun woke to find herself in a cell. The dank, stone room had little light, provided that there were few burning lamps, the rest extinguished. In the dark haze, should could make out the other two in the cell as well. Though why would they place all three of them in the same cell, that oddity struck her as she pondered their situation.

"Oh look, company." A male voice jettisoned from a corner that the light had not reached. "Looks like two women as well, lucky day." His voice had a soothing sound to it, but the tone was hardly serious, like that of a man speaking to what he thought were toys to entertain him.
"Any names out in this lively bunch?" He questioned, staring at Tiandra's body for a few seconds.

Last edited by Ingrid on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:29 pm

((Er, I think you misread. I did not fire the arrow yet.))

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:37 pm

OOC: really? I'll fix that.

**Fixed

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:21 pm

OoC: Tell us we could have lived AFTER I attacked, fakl;sdfadf.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:04 am

OOC: Not my fault your character was headstrong.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

((I thought four of us were arrested. Am I missing something here?))

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:27 pm
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next