The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

[ 717 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next
Phoenix Remedy 

Alright, let's cut to the chase, shall we?

STORY:

There really isn't much to this, but here goes... This story takes place many years ago, in a galaxy far, far- Oh, sorry, wrong script. The first thing you should know is that we are in a separate dimension, one called Fantasy. This dimension is quite different from ours, it has Elves, Dwarfs, and many other races. But most importantly, it has magic. Of course, humans still exist and such, but that is not important. This dimension was perfect, there was no hate, evil, or greed- well, not at first. At first it was subtle, maybe a little brother stealing some candy from his older. But eventually the greed spread. War started, people raced to claim newly discovered land. It stayed like that for many years. But then somebody by the name of Richard thought about what it was like before, this man was the eventual founder of the Phoenix Remedy. Eventual is now, the Remedy just started, the building is finished. People from all over the world with the same thoughts as Richard are joining. We hope you're one of them.

Locations:

Phoenix Island: Simply put, it's the island that the Phoenix Remedy building rests on. It has watchtowers on all sides, and of course the building, but that's pretty much it. It's mostly jungle and holds all sorts of races. It's safe to say that most islands in it's vincity are fairly safe places. The island is under no rule but it's inhabitants.

Rades Port: An island near the Phoenix Remedy. It's rather large and has all sorts of merchants. It's pretty clean other than a few thieves here and there. But even they're pretty harmless. Once again, it holds all sorts of races, it's also pretty much all town. The island is named after it's discoverer, it's also ruled by the Syrian Empire.

Varsk: A continent owned by the dwarven race. It always has snow, and has many mountains. In these mountains are many mines. In these many mines are lots and lots of gold, with a dash of silver. There isn't much wildlife there, pretty much just Dwarfs. It's named after the first Dwarven king, and is owned by the Dwarven empire, but the inhabitants are currently at war with it. Most houses are log cabins, and the others are caves in the mines. It is very far north of Phoenix island. It's rumored that some giants live in some of the far north unexplored territory.

Lkravos: Home of the Elven race. It has a strong magic aura, and it's much easier to use magic there. It's all forest, and has very large trees. The homes there are made of stone, and all have protective runes on them. It's named after the Elven third elven queen, who was famous for her magic ability. It's far east from Phoenix island, and is under rule of the Elven Empire It is currently at war with it's neighboring island.

Kvarkus: Slightly west of Lkravos and currently at war with it is the home of the Goblin race. Its landscape is very similar to its neighbor, minus the stone houses, as Goblins arn't nearly smart enough for that. They instead work much like the indian tribes from where we live, tent-wise anyway. Also living in the area are the Lizardmen, who live in the wetlands of the forest. The amount of Goblins in the area are much greater than them however, and as such it is recognized as Goblin territory. Unlike Lkravos it has almost no magic aura, and thus it is very hard to use magic there. Lkravos and Kvarkus were once one island, but a great storm seperated them, and Lkravos was the one that retained the aura. The island is named after the fourth Goblin warlord, who was known as the greatest in history. It is currently owned by the Goblin race.

Ragoth: Home to both the Centaur and the Minotaur is Ragoth, which is far south of Phoenix island. As you may have guessed the Centaur and Minataur races are currently at war with one another. It's landscape is pretty much just mountain, and it's also a Wyvern nesting place. The island is named after a great warrior that once lived here. However he was neither Centaur or Minataur, he was, in fact, a mere human. It is currently at war over who the island belongs to.

Steamport:
A large man-made island near Varsk, home to mostly humans and dwarves, but many other races. It has a very strange magic aura, as the island itself is made of different ores from many isles, and no island has the same magic aura. Magic is completely unpredictable there, and one spell may become another, and thus magic is forbidden there. In retaliation, its technology is much more advanced than the rest of the world, not like guns or anything, but it has furnaces, and many steam-powered tings from today, such as ovens. And they owe it all to the furnaces, as they vaporize the water flowing around them, creating steam, which is transported through tubes to the different things that use it. But one thing in particular stands above them all-man-made currents. They make them by releasing highly compressed steam underwater, and through specific tubes, they can make them anywhere around the island. This makes lots of money, as you can guess, as it makes traveling much faster. This is the reason another one by the same name is being made near Lkravos, possibly trying to borrow some of the magic aura to make making steam much easier.
More locations will be put as they are either discovered or somebody chooses a race I didn't give a homeland yet.

Rules:

No godmodding.

No autoing.

No auto hitting.

No auto dodging.

No being a race you just suddenly made up.

Geno gets the cake.

To start your bio must be accepted.

No being races that arn't recognized by mythology.

To join the Remedy (which you don't have to), your character must be at least 16 years old.

Character bio:

Yeah... This is the format it must be in, you may add stuff, but no taking stuff away.

Name:
Appearance:
Race:
Veteran: (Are you already IN Phoenix Remedy?)
Backstory:
Here's my bio and an example.

Name: Ray Deus
Talents: Magic, of the cleric kind. Swordplay. In that order.
Appearance: He has shoulder length deep red hair, and is always wearing light blue earings. He is never seen without his white robe. he has golden eyes and tan skin with a circular face. He wears getas on his feet, and is never seen without his staff, which is black with a large light-blue gem on it, which is presumably made of the same stuff as his earrings.
Race: Human.
Vetaren: Yes.
Backstory: To be released. (Yes, I can do that. But you can't. Sorta. If you do this you must PM me about whatever's being hidden. Or else.)
Equipment: His staff, which can turn into a sword. It also tells him if there is evil nearby by glowing. Yep. Glowing.
Gender: If you didn't notice that i've been refering to him as a "he" this whole time, then you're an idiot.

More information can be found in the discussion topic, which is right here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20237&start=0

Last edited by War P. Anda on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 am

Location: In the site that never was, battling noobs with Way to the Flamer.
Using this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20355 but the weapon being a bow and arrow.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Accepted, let's see what you got.

We still need more people though... Wah... C'mon people! If I messed something up you could at least TELL me!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:32 pm

We need more people. And fast!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
WarPandaXI wrote:

Geno gets the cake.

Yes, yes I do.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey Geno, mind putting up a bio so you can join? Kthx.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

can i join?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 pm

HeatFreak wrote:
can i join?

Sure, just show Panda your bio and you're all set!

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:51 pm

What he said, and capitalize I's, it's an important part of not looking noobish.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:10 pm
Site Admin

Kthz MAH BIO

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Kthz? Anyway, looks good 'cept on one point... Do YOU think an orginazation of powerful warriors would be willing to take a 14 year old? Although you don't have to join them... Anyway, I think i'll put up a new rule... Characters must be 16 or older to join the Remedy. Geno, you could age him up a bit if you wanted to.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:52 pm
Site Admin

>_> uhh... i like him how he is thanks

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:54 pm

ok,

Name:HeatFreak

Talents and Abilities:Flight,Shooting Fire from his hands,mouth,and eyes,Turning intangable.

Veteran:No

Speices:Ghost,Fire people that live ONLY on the sun combined

What He looks like:Image

do like My character?,im working on the back story...

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Um, new rule, no being species that arn't recognized by mythology.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:07 pm

OMG.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:08 pm
 [ 717 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next