The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:16 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Ziku wrote:
Huh... You know I've heard it said before that in Asian culture, blue and green are treated as the same color. This might be the first time I've seen it in practice...

Outside of English stuff, I tended to see Azure Beast rather than Green Beast in subs quite a bit.

"Konoha no aoi yajuu" would be a bit of a tough one to translate, at least at first, back when Lee didn't have a color page or anything yet to show that he was green and not blue.

Even Uzumaki Chronicles 2's English audio had Lee say that he's "The handsome blue beast! Rock Lee!"

Still, the point gets across. Gai is no longer Bleen or Grue. Now he is Crimson.

Makes me think his blood is going to evaporate now. The Kyomon had his sweat become mist. Only fitting that the Shimon makes his blood turn into a fine crimson mist, worthy of legend.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:21 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
So just throwing this out there, does anyone think it's possible that he'll somehow survive?

First Neji, now Gai, that team is destroyed.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:26 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
Well for one side, if he ever perishes, the surviving members of Team Guy maybe will grow emotionally, physically and psicologically, like Kakashi did being the only surviving member of Team Minato.
But if he ever survives, will be because of the help of someone or something that will be capable of healing such thing as the Eight Gate's release.
My theory is that once Naruto recovers, now with the power of every Tailed Beast, will be capable of healing Guy with his new-found power and will be the new spark of hope that the whole Shinobi Alliance needs to finally win the war.
OR
The chakra of the rest of the Tailed Beasts was so small that Naruto can only use the Yin side of the Nine-Tails at first, but after witnessing the death of Guy, and the fact that his power alone couldn't save him, will be the trigger that will finally merge every Tailed Beast's chakra inside him and will gain a new God-like power.
And while it will not be as overwhelming as Madara's or Obito's, he will merge it with his Sage powers, and with the help of every living shinobi they will finally kick Madara's a**.

Main 1: Image
Main 2: Image
Main 3: Image

naruto shippuden fanart of Ness_Success: show
ImageImage

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Currently Playing: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate M.U.G.E.N., DC VS MARVEL M.U.G.E.N., SSF2
The tiger just became an elephant!!!!! I really hope he finally gives Madara the asskick he deserves.
Looks like, in all the sense of the phrase, Guy is on fire.

Have you ever wondered how does Superman flies? In that case, wonder no more:
YouTube Video:

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 am

I wonder how that fight went with Dai against the 7 swordsmen.
Also

Maito Dai

Might die

Gai survives the gate of death confirmed.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 am
YIM WWW

Never in a million years would I guess Gai was half Latino, but looking at his old man, I have no doubt

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:39 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
[NU] wrote:
I wonder how that fight went with Dai against the 7 swordsmen.

Well, considering that Kabuto revived 3 of them for the War, I could guess that he (how can I say this gently) f$%&ed them up sticking his Eight gates through their asses!

Ziku wrote:
Never in a million years would I guess Gai was half Latino, but looking at his old man, I have no doubt

That answers a LOT of things.

ImageImage

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Waifu: You!
Wolf on the Moon wrote:
Ziku wrote:
Huh... You know I've heard it said before that in Asian culture, blue and green are treated as the same color. This might be the first time I've seen it in practice...

Outside of English stuff, I tended to see Azure Beast rather than Green Beast in subs quite a bit.

"Konoha no aoi yajuu" would be a bit of a tough one to translate, at least at first, back when Lee didn't have a color page or anything yet to show that he was green and not blue.

Even Uzumaki Chronicles 2's English audio had Lee say that he's "The handsome blue beast! Rock Lee!"

Still, the point gets across. Gai is no longer Bleen or Grue. Now he is Crimson.

Makes me think his blood is going to evaporate now. The Kyomon had his sweat become mist. Only fitting that the Shimon makes his blood turn into a fine crimson mist, worthy of legend.

He was on the cover of volume 10 iirc which was his first color appearance

Just wondering, why is he called Gai? Isn't it Guy? That's like calling Rock Lee Rokku Ri, the logic doesn't work

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:59 pm

"Gai" and "Guy" are both names

"Rokku" is not a name.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:33 pm

THoT wrote:
Wolf on the Moon wrote:
Ziku wrote:

He was on the cover of volume 10 iirc which was his first color appearance

Just wondering, why is he called Gai? Isn't it Guy? That's like calling Rock Lee Rokku Ri, the logic doesn't work

They are both pronounced the same. I started Naruto before there was a dub, and in all the translations it always said Gai, so that's what I know him as. In most of the translations they still use Gai. They've even flopped between Guy and Gai in the official translations.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 pm
YIM WWW

Waifu: You!
according to Kishimoto's databooks it is indeed Might Guy

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Then go tell the scanlators that

Go beat them up

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
Im sorry but I couldnt help myself thinking other stuff when I read this: show
I'm mean.....

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Quote:
Well, considering that Kabuto revived 3 of them for the War, I could guess that he (how can I say this gently) f$%&ed them up sticking his Eight gates through their asses!

I was going to say, we know Kisame killed Fuguki Suikazan to get Samehada from him, so he survived this encounter at the very least.

Doesn't bode too well for Might Dai having won this fight.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:34 am

I don't know what hypes me the most.
Guy beating the living crap of Madara, or the fact that Naruto is back!!!

ImageImage

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 am
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 146  Next