The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Princess Peach 

MGN Username: Access
Waifu: Chef Boyardee
Personally I didn't really play online actively as much in 9b so I might be a bit biased but I think Peach got nerfed a little just by playing a lot of games in Beta so far. Might be too hasty to say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Her aerial mobility seems worse, her nair (deserving, although maybe a bit too much) got a nerf and a lot of other minor changes like the landing lag of her aerials now make her feel worse which is odd bc she was honestly pretty mid or low tier in 9b.

I've been thinking a lot and discussing with Helios and Stefanjoee and personally and I think there's still a lot of things to be explored with Peach though. I've played a lot of matchups with my fellow crew members of NSB alongside some others and I've been basing my matchup and general peach thoughts off of that, and I've only tried out beta peach seriously in like on tourney so far(the other was mostly Falco).

Armadaisms list:

Not sure how to describe these set of particular things so I just call them Armada-isms tbh, things that armada uses in Melee that peaches should be using in this game because they work and are good:

Armadaisms: show
Reading jumps with upair: really good for extending combos bc sometimes peach can't continue a combo off pure hitstun and also you can do it to punish recoveries and movement off reads, I do it in this video of a match that I can get xenn to upload for me soon(reminder to edit the post)

Extending combos with dtilting aerial oppononents: This is rare, idk if I have a clip of doing it in ssf2 but it's in this armada clip of melee - https://youtu.be/IomXcdAAt7E?t=3m

Up B out of shield - really good, idk much about frame data but this seems fast and good for when foxes try to crossup my shield and Armada uses it in melee well vs Falco especially.

Up B drifting to avoid any attacks while drifting to ledge - Pretty self explanatory, its really good for Peach to mixup the drift to land better to ledge in beta.

Upthrow to downsmash on a platform - When you upthrow a Fox or Falco on 3 platform stages(Dream Land, BF, Yoshis Story), they usually don't tech when they land on a side platform so you can try to tech chase by landing on the platform and grabbing them to extend the chaingrab, but I think it's better in fast matches with less time to react to just instantly land on the platform and downsmash.

There's probably some more but I hate writing overly-long posts.

Out of shield chart vs Fox/Falco, thanks to Stefan and Gax for helping me come up with this:
------------------------Type of pressure------|------Escaping it from Regular/in front------|-------Escaping crossup-|

Multishine pressure ------------------------------------- Roll ------------------------------------------------ Roll
Aerial -> Aerial pressure --------------------Most things work, shieldgrab especially ---- Roll or reverse up b out of shield
Aerial -> Shine -> Nair ---------------- Up B/Roll if nair low/threatens shine again ----- Reverse up b if they nair high/roll
Aerial -> Turnshine-> Bair ----------------- Look for a hole in the pressure for grab/upB ------ Roll
Shinegrab running or postaerial -------------- Spotdodge, Up B, Roll ------------------------- Reverse up b/Spotdodge/Roll
Aerial -> Shine -> Dair --------------------- SmashDI w/ shield into grab? idk[*] -------------- Roll, Reverse up B[*]

[*] = Depends on how high on your shield they hit, if they hit higher on your shield it hits

Also pretty minor, but when you're trying to let go of shield as peach, it's better to instant float and then drop float rather than to let go of shield button, and if you're on platform I tend to use shield drop instant float to land back on platform with minimal time wasted instead of letting go of shield entirely. I have more minor peach tech but idk if its worth posting/my post might be too long now.
I have more to say but I don't like writing a lot, so that's about it for now. I get Xenn to gfy stuff for me so if I don't know how I would go about recording my own matches to post on youtube, so I can't show my peach matches off all the time.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 pm

What's this?
Do we have a list of all the things she can pull now?

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Beam Sword
Ray Gun
Oddish
Mr.Saturn
and Bob-Omb, so far

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Last edited by Gudako's Insanity on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:18 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
It's called Oddish.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 am

Thank you based s***.

*sniff*

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:52 am

MGN Username: NeoFrost5K
Currently Playing: Mostly Super Smash Flash 2
Waifu: Valkyrie Skuld
Hey guys, I've actually noticed something odd about Peach that would be hard to unsee. Take this as a bit of a warning.

I thought about putting this in Bugs and Problems but 1, I don't think it would be noticed and 2, it's not really a Bug since it's only her sprites I'm talking about here.
But correct me if I'm wrong about that, I'm fairly new to this community as you can see...

So, I guess it's easy to forget sometimes that Peach's crown has two red jewels facing in front and behind her, while the blue jewels are always facing her left and right sides. But what I've noticed is that in a number of her sprites her jewels are in the wrong places, the blues shouldn't be in front and the reds shouldn't be on the sides. The most notable sprites that caught my attention on this matter was her idle. And gosh, there is no way I am unable to unsee it!

This is very easy to fix, just switching colors in sprites that are inaccurate. I also did a quick test with Kirby and the jewels are in place when he copies Peach's toad ability, though I could have easily missed a sprite or two if he has the same problem.

Please fix my Main as soon as you can...!

EDIT: Even Peach's Smiley has this issue. Oh, the horror! Look at dis! :peach:

Secondaries: :sonic: pacman

Casual/Just For Fun: :luffy: :goku: :sandbag:

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 pm

So far, it seems that only Peach can actually counter Projectile-Based Characters.
The Turnip blocks all projectiles, except Bandana Dee's fully charged Neut-B and Side-B

*sniff*

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:24 am

I don't know if this is just me, but did Princess Peach's D-Smash get nerfed?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:48 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
dragonballhero wrote:

Nope. It can still deal 60% or more if it hits properly.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 pm

MGN Username: mclydian1
Currently Playing: ssf2
Waifu: kim
She'll always be good in my book.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Ravin_Raven wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:

Oh, for real? Awesome!

BTW, Oddish can only pulled out via Vegetable, right? Like, it's NOT a Pokeball Pokemon for this game?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
dragonballhero wrote:
Ravin_Raven wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:

Oh, for real? Awesome!

BTW, Oddish can only pulled out via Vegetable, right? Like, it's NOT a Pokeball Pokemon for this game?

Correct :)

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 pm
YIM WWW

Hey guys, I've been trying out Princess Peach for a while now, and I've been wondering. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't her F-Air have a sweetspot?

I'm right, aren't I?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:09 pm

No

*sniff*

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Idk if this is actually new tech or anything, but z dropping a turnip out of shield is comes out immediately and has almost no lag, which means you can basically down smash out of shield or jab or dash attack or basically anything grounded.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:01 pm
 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next