The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next
Link 

MGN Username: Sachamel
Dude I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it seriously haha, still good insight.

Also for Sheik I'm pretty sure she has some aerials that can brake through Link's projectiles and from what I recall it isn't too hard to time then; I could be horribly wrong tho haha.

Btw I love how Link plays in this demo (I couldn't really stand him the past one!) since it's those kind of characters that you feel does exactly what you command him (ie it's comfortable to control him). Just wondering, is there really any good use for zair offensively? I know it's fast and all, but never find myself using midmatch, would love some input from others.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:49 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Sachamel wrote:
Dude I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it seriously haha, still good insight.

Also for Sheik I'm pretty sure she has some aerials that can brake through Link's projectiles and from what I recall it isn't too hard to time then; I could be horribly wrong tho haha.

Btw I love how Link plays in this demo (I couldn't really stand him the past one!) since it's those kind of characters that you feel does exactly what you command him (ie it's comfortable to control him). Just wondering, is there really any good use for zair offensively? I know it's fast and all, but never find myself using midmatch, would love some input from others.

Short hopping Zair while running can poke your enemy, making them flinch, allowing a follow-up from your sword or boomerang depending on your distance.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

as sachamel said, it is possible to ounter some of link's moves with aerials. a while ago, i short hopped onto a Link firing an arrow. i hit him, i didnt receive any damage, and i could clearly see an impact bubble where his arrow would have spawned.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:43 am

MGN Username: Sachamel
MaskofTruth wrote:
Short hopping Zair while running can poke your enemy, making them flinch, allowing a follow-up from your sword or boomerang depending on your distance.

Thanks for the tip! I've tried it but most of the time it just sends the enemy further away preventing a real follow up and eventually find it more useful to just keep shooting stuff, but I'll try to make it work again tho

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Link really isn't as bad as I initially thought he was. He's really vulnerable to combo's and pressure, like alot.
Fox does Link in hard, Peach too. He just doesn't have the range or mobility to keep up.

I think I've said this before, but I think he's good mid/high tier material. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:00 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I'm not so sure about the Peach MU. Fox I completely agree: you run in, reflect something, pressure, then combo, then usmash and repeat. However, I think Peach has problems getting in, and the lack of a disjoint to fight the sword means that Link can play a pretty good keepaway game. Agreed about tier placement, tho. Does well against people who can't get in, does poorly against people with good pressure and approach.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:09 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I'm not so sure about the Peach MU. Fox I completely agree: you run in, reflect something, pressure, then combo, then usmash and repeat. However, I think Peach has problems getting in, and the lack of a disjoint to fight the sword means that Link can play a pretty good keepaway game. Agreed about tier placement, tho. Does well against people who can't get in, does poorly against people with good pressure and approach.

The vs Peach MU is not that bad for Peach actually. She has strong aerials, which gives her an approach when jumping over Link's projectiles. Link is pretty easily combo'd by Peach, but Peach has a hard time getting back to the stage if high in the air. Link's recovery can be hard for Peach to edgeguard unless the Peach intercepts it early (before the up-b) or times a float cancel N-air as soon as it ends (assuming the person misses the sweetspot ledgegrab, which many do). Turnips can also be used to combat Link's projectile game, but its safest to do on a platform. Link's ground game easily beats Peach's, but then again, most character's ground games beat Peach; Peach just has to stay in the air. Idk, the MU can go either way, but I usually don't have that much trouble with most Links.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:08 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

The vs Peach MU is not that bad for Peach actually. She has strong aerials, which gives her an approach when jumping over Link's projectiles. Link is pretty easily combo'd by Peach, but Peach has a hard time getting back to the stage if high in the air. Link's recovery can be hard for Peach to edgeguard unless the Peach intercepts it early (before the up-b) or times a float cancel N-air as soon as it ends (assuming the person misses the sweetspot ledgegrab, which many do). Turnips can also be used to combat Link's projectile game, but its safest to do on a platform. Link's ground game easily beats Peach's, but then again, most character's ground games beat Peach; Peach just has to stay in the air. Idk, the MU can go either way, but I usually don't have that much trouble with most Links.

I think you not having trouble with Links is more indicative of the caliber of your Peach than the matchup. :P

I think it's a slight disadvantage for Peach, but you're right in that the MU can go either way.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:03 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

I think you not having trouble with Links is more indicative of the caliber of your Peach than the matchup. :P

I think it's a slight disadvantage for Peach, but you're right in that the MU can go either way.

Lol maybeh :P

But yeah, I would have to agree that it favors Link, if only slightly.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am
BR Member

Here's another boomerang complaint!

However this isnt me being salty.
Why doesn't it bounce off the ground? It's so awkward when you throw it downwards and it gales immediately like that.
Was that intentional?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:35 pm

MGN Username: stevekbskill
Currently Playing: SSF2, Dogfight, Archeage
Anyone wanna have a link vs link? Im good with him and i want to see how other good fighters fight with him. Ive only been beaten once link vs link so if anyone wishes to fight i can get on at any time.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Here's another boomerang complaint!

However this isnt me being salty.
Why doesn't it bounce off the ground? It's so awkward when you throw it downwards and it gales immediately like that.
Was that intentional?

It'll be bounce-able in the Patch. Thanks to [TSON] for the fix!

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:31 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
tru

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Links forward smash does 34% damage if both hits connect. 17% if just one, respectively. Do you think that's too high or the right number? His forward smash already has priority over plenty of attacks but to combine that with such a high level of damage I wonder...

I could care less about the boomerang. It makes Link less approachable but I'm pretty meh about that thing.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:38 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
RemPrower wrote:
Links forward smash does 34% damage if both hits connect. 17% if just one, respectively. Do you think that's too high or the right number? His forward smash already has priority over plenty of attacks but to combine that with such a high level of damage I wonder...

I could care less about the boomerang. It makes Link less approachable but I'm pretty meh about that thing.

It does about 27% in Smash 4, at least from the demo.

That's uncharged too. With the first hit having almost set knockback plus the move's already great range, makes the move all the more deadlier.

Fsmash here is shortranged. Though I kinda feel like it's a bit too high for Smash attack.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:45 pm
 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 26  Next