The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 

svladcjelli42 wrote:
ZeroSuitUser neglected to mention that you can pocket Naruto's up spec clone, and it's very useful. Better than reflecting one, since it doesn't disappear if Naruto makes another one.

Lol. Forgot about that one. Wouldn't say neglected though... More like I forgot... Actually... I didn't even no you could.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:22 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
DThrow -> FH UAir true combos and kill confirms Mario from 85-135%
DThrow -> DJ UAir will work after this percentage.

Tested from centre of FD with NO DI whatsoever

EDIT: UThrow -> FH UAir true combos and kill confirms Mario from 81-118%

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
After a few tries, I have finally managed to pocket Black hole bomb and Crash bomb. Like rasengan, you will need to be in a FFA to be actually able to pocket them. Unfortunately, you can only control Black hole bomb but can't make it explode, so it's most likely useless unless it's fixed in BETA. Crash bomb is a different story, it travels at a upward angle.
You can ONLY pocket them when the last frame of explosion appears, like Bomberman's bomb.

Some GIFs below in case you don't believe it.Fuc.k my bandicam

Black hole bomb http://gfycat.com/ShowySourIggypops
Crash bomb http://gfycat.com/WideeyedAridJapanesebeetle

EDIT:- U will laf at dis. You actually can pocket Crash bomb in 1v1. You will need to perfect shield it in order to do that. If you perfect shield it one frame later, it will stick to you, still being at your side. And when your enemy detonates it, you can pocket it.
On the other hand, if you perfect shield it and it stickS to your foe, it will of course damage your foe and you still can pocket it.
Also, if you perfect shield it while it's stuck to your foe, it will build double the damage XD

Pocketting by that perfect shield "trick": http://gfycat.com/ThriftyUnlawfulKangaroo
Picking up while it's stuck to the foe: http://gfycat.com/AmbitiousIllGharial

Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:47 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
Oh man that's funny.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Nice find. Pocketing :megaman: s UAir seems to be at least a but more useful that originally thought. It basically gives a you a mine that can float and be used to edgeguard, zone, extend combos etc, and killing with this via Beat Call also seems to be hilarious. Its still not overwhelming imo, but you can get relly creative with it.

Small idea: What if charging FSmash would increase its distance? To compensate for that, Id say cut a bit from the distance of an uncharged FSmash and make it go significantly longer than now on full charge and the KB also drastically changes from 50% of its current KB and length to 120% of it. While this might sound like a nerf at first glance, I believe that it would be useful if you could combo of it, practically weakening its spacing properties a bit for more combo ability and potentia kill setups (which Chibi lacks), but also has the potential to reach even further than now. To further add to this, I thought that maybe the weaker hits (aka less then halfway charged) could hit opponents towards Chibi and the stronger hits (50% or more charge) have the same direction as it has now.

Aesthetical idea: In Zip-Lash Chibi can hove by spinning his cord extremely fast, simulatig a helicopter. What if that could ve translated to replace the Chibi-Copter, endig with a potent final hit that can kill? This would also add another good OoS option besides USmash abd Nair and would give the move a purpose outside of recovery. Think of Mii Brawlers Helicopter Kick, just nerfed a bit.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:41 am
BR Member

Double Post because my thoughts are not worth replying to...

Ok, I already put my wishlist here once. But since then, we got new Chibi mains, so I thought that I might as well repost it with a few tweaks. Now with input from 0_Suit_User as well! And put down the pitchforks.

Pros:

+ Slight increase in ground and air speed
+ BThrow and/or FThrow kill before 200% (make it 130)
+ Chibi Copter covers 25% more distance and has more hitstun to make it safe on hit
+ Chibi Copter deals a really strong hit on the last hit (kinda like a slightly nerfed nerfed Mii Brawler Helicopter Kick)
+ Lazors always deal 2% and dont stale
+ A bit more hitstun on lazors
+ Full control of Lazors regardless of where you initiate the move
+ Small ranged Zair added, dealing 5%, can be used for thether recovery
+ JC Toothbrush on hit (2 frame window to execute)
+ UTilt has less lag on startup and ending
+ FTilt eats shields for breakfast
+ DTilt has more vertical range
+ Fair sped up slightly
+ Fair has lower KB scaling for more followups
+ Dair has lower KB scaling so you can combo off it at higher %
+ Dair has slightly more range to give Chibi an option if he is above his opponent
+ Pick Up allows for some neat Wacebouncing momentum tricks
+ Bair can kill 15% sooner
+ FSmash´s first hit links better into the others
+ USmash kills 20% sooner and now actually links into the strong hit reliably
+ DSmash sweetspot is a tad bigger
+ More taunts

Neutral:

+ FSmash redesign: Hitting with the half of the cord that is closer to Chibi sends opponents towards Chibi, allowing for more combos. Hitting with the part of the cord that is further away sends opponents away as it does now. Additionally, charging the move will increase its distance, going from 75% of its current range uncharged up to 120% of 0.9B FSmash. The "combo hit" also has significantly lower KB than the current version, making it easier to confirm hits off of it.
+ Chibi-Copter gets a redesign: Chibi now spins his power cord above his head instead of gaining helicopter blades in a reference to Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash!. The function of the move remains unchanged though.

Nerfs:

- Nair deals only 10% damage instead of 13 (20% instead of 26 if both hits connect)
- Pick Up active window shortened
- Toothbrush has more ending lag
- UAir now kills at 95% instead of 80%
- 4 more frames of endlag on FSmash
- FSmash is a bit easier to SDI out of
- USmash has slightly less vertical range
- DSmash sourspot is a tad weaker
- Up Bs priority is toned down a bit
- Dair Base KB toned down notably to make up for the increased range

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:20 am

Just got done finishing my cousins copy of Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash. I kind want the Whiplash thing from that game. Like Imagine being able to guide your grab by aiming it towards the ground, or something those lines.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:44 pm
BR Member

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Just got done finishing my cousins copy of Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash. I kind want the Whiplash thing from that game. Like Imagine being able to guide your grab by aiming it towards the ground, or something those lines.

That would be really cool. I just fear that this would mean an increase of the lag on Grab (which is already enough btw), and I rather take less lag over a multi-directional hit.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
TSF|Skailler wrote:
Double Post because my thoughts are not worth replying to...

Ok, I already put my wishlist here once. But since then, we got new Chibi mains, so I thought that I might as well repost it with a few tweaks. Now put down the pitchforks.

Pros:

+ Slight increase in ground and air speed
+ BThrow and/or FThrow kill before 200% (make it 130)
+ Chibi Copter covers 25% more distance
+ Chibi Copter deals a really strong hit on the last hit (kinda like a slightly nerfed nerfed Mii Brawler Helicopter Kick)
+ Lazors always deal 2% and dont stale
+ A bit more hitstun on lazors
+ Full control of Lazors regardless of where you initiate the move
+ Small ranged Zair added, dealing 5%, can be used for thether recovery
+ JC Toothbrush on hit
+ UThrow has a lower KB scaling so that UThrow to UAir window is actually existent
+ UTilt has less lag on startup and ending
+ FTilt eats shields for breakfast
+ DTilt has more vertical range
+ Fair sped up slightly
+ Fair has lower KB scaling for more followups
+ Dair has lower KB scaling so you can combo off it at higher %
+ Dair has more range to give Chibi an option if he is above his opponent
+ 1 frame invincibility on Pick Up
+ Pick Up allows for some neat Wacebouncing momentum tricks
+ Bair can kill 15% sooner
+ USmash kills 20% sooner and now actually links into the strong hit reliably
+ DSmash sweetspot is a tad stronger
+ More taunts
+ Significant weight increase (about as heavy as :captainfalcon:

Neutral:

+ FSmash redesign: Hitting with the half of the cord that is closer to Chibi sends opponents towards Chibi, allowing for more combos. Hitting with the part of the cord that is further away sends opponents away as it does now. Additionally, charging the move will increase its distance, going from 75% of its current range uncharged up to 120% of 0.9B FSmash. The "combo hit" also has significantly lower KB than the current version, making it easier to confirm hits off of it.
+ Chibi-Copter gets a redesign: Chibi now spins his power cord above his head instead of gaining helicopter blades in a reference to Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash!. The function of the move remains unchanged though.

Nerfs:

- Nair deals only 10% damage instead of 13 (20% instead of 26 if both hits connect)
- Pick Up active window shortened
- Toothbrush has more ending lag
- UAir now kills at 95% instead of 80%
- 4 more frames of endlag on FSmash
- FSmash is a bit easier to SDI out of
- USmash has slightly less vertical range
- DSmashs sourspot is a tad weaker
- Up Bs priority is toned down a bit
- Dair Base KB toned down notably to make up for the increased range

I have a small problem here. Why buff Chibi's weight so much? He's litterly slightly bigger than Olimar in his games. He should get a slight, slight weight buff, but he shouldn't be as heavy as Falcon. (His weight right now is 82, he should get buffed up to like 92-94)

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:46 pm
BR Member

Well, that was ZSU´s idea. I think the point was creating a small, but heavy character. You gotta ask him for that doe.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:00 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
It's important for characters to have weaknesses, and Chibi has one because of his weight and falling speed. Buff his strengths, don't remove his weaknesses.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:45 am

Let's look at it from technical stand point. Chibi isn't Olimar. When scaled up he'd technically be a giant piece of heavy metal. Ergo, I'd imagine he'd be somewhat heavy. Plus, IMO, it creates an interesting contrast. A small character with a heavy weight. Plus Chibi's weight makes literally zero sense. Not only does it lead to him getting comboed easier, but that doesn't help the fact that he's also extremely light weight. Compare him to Fox all you want, but that's the equivalent of comparing Meta Knight to Samus in Brawl. It'd make much more sense if he had reliable kill moves, but that just isn't the case. ATM, he's a glass canon without the canon.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:51 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Then give him the cannon: don't remove the glass.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:02 am
BR Member

Dang, no Chibi stuff? Time to fix that :wee:

Ive been playing around a bit with FThrow a bit, and Im really surprised. Against fastfallers (or if they DI down for some reason), this allows for easy techchases depending on where they tech. If they miss the tech, just be close enough and you will be able to grab a lying opponent. Im not sure yet how big that techchase window is, but I can imagine Fox and Co. eating a lot of damage from this if done well.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me why Chibi-Copter has less hitstun than Brawl? I dont want it to be a combo tool or something like that (final hit as a kill move though...), but I think it should be increased. If my opponent misses their edgeguard, get hit by my Up B they still can hit me before I even land because of low the hitstun is, even at high damage. Im not saying make it unpunishable, but at least safe on hit.
         Also edited my wishlist.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:23 pm
BR Member

One month without posting... Someone pick up Chibi plz

I had that randon idea about Fair being able to deflect smaller projectiles... Stuff like bombs, items thrown at him or even an uncheged Meteo. That would increase his chances against those campier characters a lot imo, as Pick Up might just be the worst move in the game as of now. Im not too sure whether or not it should also turn the hitbox to Chibi, but Id say no, more similar to Melee Confusion.

Other thing is... FSmash. Anyone who played me knows I love to spam the f*** outta this move, but there is one thing I dont get. Why does it whiff (minus hit 1) if youre too close to Chibi? I get that this happens if youre behind Chibi (and Im actually ok with that one), but if youre too close to Chibi, instead of eating 19%+, you get barely scratched and can literally charge a Smash attack of your own. Id just like to see a fix for that. I also wouldnt mind if its horizontal reach was decreased a bit if it hits a bit higher in turn.

Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:25 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next