The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
Bomberman 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
pardon? that was an online match replay, just unzip it to get the ssfrec file

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2
Ah ok never mind. :xd:
I thought you could do that, that would be a cool feature for SSF2 though.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:52 am

MGN Username: coollogic16
I dont think bomber man can be used for combos. maybe strategic, but not much else.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:47 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
He has decent juggling, small bombs can be used as combo extenders, and good launchers. He certainly has some combos, if not many.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:59 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
He has decent juggling, small bombs can be used as combo extenders, and good launchers. He certainly has some combos, if not many.

Yep, too bad he's combo food :/

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 am

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
So, did a little bit of experimentation on maximum bomb distance for all three types, mostly due to boredom but hey, that's where we learn.
(This goes from right to left by the way)
By kicking the bomb in mid air, you are able to propel the bombs much further than you would by throwing them. I tested the distance using the following throws, all in a row: Normal spec. throw, jump spec. throw, double jump spec. throw, Nspecial up throw>jump>side special, jump>Nspecial up throw>double jump>side special. Here are the results for small bombs:

Now for the bigger bombs that have to charge, I only used 4 throws due to being unable to double jump while holding a bomb. Thus for the following two, the throws become: Normal spec. throw, jump spec. throw, Nspecial up throw>jump>side special, jump>Nspecial up throw>double jump>side special. Please remember that the following throws are going from right to left (The bomb that's closest to Bomberman for example is the Normal spec. throw one, as an example.)

Here are the results for medium bombs:

And the results for P bombs:

Now the range for these is a bit give or take, due to you having a split second to hit it away at the highest possible point the bomb will go from throwing it upwards, but we can pretty clearly see that it can cover the ToS entirely. That's as far as I'm gonna nerd it up, but pretty interesting stuff.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:20 am
Site Admin

We wanted to reward you for extra flashy gameplay so uthrow -> sh bomb kick is extremely effective

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Bomberman, being my favorite character out of the bunch and basically being my only real main, has a ton of potential in my opinion. I've spent a lot of time playing a lot of different characters with level 9 computers and also online, and I have quite a feel for the character, so I think I can do a bit of analysis.

On his own, Bomberman is a pretty decent character. His forward and back aerials are awesome, his smash attacks are great and his up and down tilts are good too. His grab range is horrible but his throws are really good, so if you manage to get a hold of your opponent you'll manage to get off with a lot of damage, knock them back far enough to set up bombs, or combo them.

That transitions into his specials. Like I said before, on his own Bomberman is a really decent character. However, with his specials, he becomes something incredible. His up special has extreme vertical recovery, from what I've seen it is actually the best vertical recovery in the game, and it works very well in combat as well. If you combo your opponent into the air you can finish up with an up special for a star KO. Additionally, you can use it when you're in a tight spot to create some space, and the explosion at the beginning of the move deals decent damage and knockback. The only issue with this is the starting lag, which makes it tricky to use correctly.

And of course, the best part, his bombs. This is the core of Bomberman's gameplay, as anyone could probably tell. They are useful for so many things. Not only can they supply excellent stage control if you lay them around the map as stationary traps, but they are also useful as a general projectile, especially if they're off stage. Throwing bombs and detonating them as they pass your opponent is a good way to rack up damage as they are recovering, and can set them up for a kill move. Range isn't an issue as you can jump and throw or throw it up and kick it for more distance. On stage, it can be used for more distance. Small bombs are ideal as projectiles/damage dealers and combo starters/extenders. Big bombs are good for general damage and knockback, if you ever get space from your opponent use the opportunity to set up more bombs. Anything that sets your opponent back, such as a KO or near KO is an instant advantage for you since it gives you time to set up more bombs. Power Bombs deal insane knockback, so use them to KO or to deal damage. If you knock an opponent high up, you can toss your bomb up and detonate it to set up a combo, prevent a counter attack or even KO if you use a Power bomb. This technique is similar to one of Snake's moves in Brawl in which he tosses a grenade up, which explodes mid air (his up smash, I think..?). Bomb Kick usually knocks your opponent back the same distance as your bombs, so you can string Bomb Kick and Bomb Detonate together for extra damage. Sometimes it is better to throw a bomb up than to lay it down when an opponent is coming after you as the camera will end up concealing the bomb, so you can detonate it once it falls into position and take them by surprise. They will do a poorer job of avoiding it in this fashion than if you laid it down.

So, in conclusion, Bomberman is an awesome, horribly underrated character. His moveset along with his bombs give lots and lots of possibilities, more than I can say for a lot of the other characters I've played with.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:49 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
So, trying to get the hang of Bomberman recently, what moves should I use and some "basic" combos overall?

I like the character overall, but his range seems so lackluster in comparison with most of my other characters, so i don't really know how to play as him.~

ImageImageImageImage

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:53 pm
Site Admin

- don't use dash attack, use dtilt instead
- bair combos into itself
- you can throw bombs upwards, then jump up and bomb kick them to send them farther than a throw
- utilt has really big range and combos into a lot of things
- uthrow cgs fast fallers

bomber is an inventive combo kind of character. you'll just have to play around with it

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Oh, I see, still have a couple of questions:

-CGS?
-Should I spam small bombs? They're quite useful to start combos, and the zoning it's nice too.
-I like NAir, but it's kinda weak, UAir it's nice and BAir you already mentioned it, is DAir useful in comparison?
-As a last question: Any character that i should be afraid of? I can see Lloyd being a problem, Ichigo and Naruto too, thoughts?

Thanks beforehand.~

ImageImageImageImage

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:54 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Drarky wrote:
Oh, I see, still have a couple of questions:

-CGS?
-Should I spam small bombs? They're quite useful to start combos, and the zoning it's nice too.
-I like NAir, but it's kinda weak, UAir it's nice and BAir you already mentioned it, is DAir useful in comparison?
-As a last question: Any character that i should be afraid of? I can see Lloyd being a problem, Ichigo and Naruto too, thoughts?

Thanks beforehand.~

-Cgs = chain grabs. Where you throw an opponent and are able to grab the enemy before they can get away.
-Considering you only get 5 bombs, you should just try to get them out if possible. Space them out to get maximum coverage!
-Dair is good for platform follow ups. For instance, a full hop Dair hits at BF's platform height so it is perfect to start combos in that situation.
-I think that Peach and MK might be good characters to fight Bomberman with their aerial movement. For one, If Bomberman gets offstage against MK one Dair seals the edge guard, and the same goes with Peach's nair. They both possess extra ways to get around the stage, so they can be harder to pin down with bombs.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:47 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Agree about MK and Peach being good against Bomberman. I would also be wary of characters with good juggles, combos, and CG's, like DK, Yoshi, and Pikachu: they can really make it tough if you can't get down, and dair isn't an ideal landing options. MK in particular is hard: a well-timed nair offstage can end you at ridiculously low percents, and Bomberman has trouble dealing with MK's aerial priority and disjoint.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:14 pm

I see... well, luckily there aren't many MK or Peach players around here (for now at least) so I can practice a little bit.

Thanks for the answers-~

ImageImageImageImage

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:31 pm

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Bomberman

The Best camper character ever

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:05 pm
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next