The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
[MP] South Park: The Stick of Truth 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
I laughed

anyway south park games have always seemed to miss what's good about the show, but I would like to be proven wrong

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 pm
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
This game will prove you wrong.. Hopefully.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Matt Stone and Trey Parker?

Whoever the actual writers of the show are doing the entire script of the game IIRC.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:49 pm

What? Matt Stone and Trey Parker did write south park and they voice most of the characters.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Crimson Wolf wrote:
What? Matt Stone and Trey Parker did write south park and they voice most of the characters.

And I believe they are doing everything story/concept related to the game, as well, rather than lease it on someone else.
So it should still have whatever people see in the show in the game.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 am

Oh. Well yeah they are. Just verifying what you said.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 am

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Faceless Void wrote:
anyway south park games have always seemed to miss what's good about the show, but I would like to be proven wrong

I'd just like to start off this rant by mentioning that the last South Park games were a racing game and a quiz show game called Chef's Luv Shack. I think also there was a snowball fight game.

Anyway, I think most if not all cartoon-based games "miss what's good about the show," because they all try so hard to include all the elements from the show they can. Take Adventure Time, for instance; one of the things I liked about it were all the different random beings they created just for the show. The Cute King appeared as a one-off villain, and the fruit witches, and they were all fine as they were, appearing once. But when Hey Ice King! came out, it threw in as many existing characters as they could, when they easily could have come up with entirely new monsters and villains, so the game became a round of "remember this character from this episode". It says something about the game when one of the recurring monsters is the rock that came to life one time, and the only original monsters in the game are woodland creatures with weapons taped to them.

What I'm saying is, I would love to see a cartoon-based video game that just tries to be like an episode of the cartoon itself, rather than being a sort of introspective of the cartoon as a whole. Looking back at the 2012 e3 trailer, it looks like Stick of Truth is mostly just gonna be more of the same.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 am

Sir Raptor wrote:
Faceless Void wrote:

I'd just like to start off this rant by mentioning that the last South Park games were a racing game and a quiz show game called Chef's Luv Shack. I think also there was a snowball fight game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park ... fense_Play
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park ... 7s_Revenge

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:56 am

This gameplay video was posted a few days ago.

YouTube Video:

Here's some other stuff as well:

This is actual gameplay
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Waifu: I'm married
if it has as many layers of twisted quadruple-ironies as the show then i'll get it

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 am
YIM WWW
Rapty wrote:
Faceless Void wrote:

Anyway, I think most if not all cartoon-based games "miss what's good about the show," because they all try so hard to include all the elements from the show they can. Take Adventure Time, for instance; one of the things I liked about it were all the different random beings they created just for the show. The Cute King appeared as a one-off villain, and the fruit witches, and they were all fine as they were, appearing once. But when Hey Ice King! came out, it threw in as many existing characters as they could, when they easily could have come up with entirely new monsters and villains, so the game became a round of "remember this character from this episode". It says something about the game when one of the recurring monsters is the rock that came to life one time, and the only original monsters in the game are woodland creatures with weapons taped to them.

What I'm saying is, I would love to see a cartoon-based video game that just tries to be like an episode of the cartoon itself, rather than being a sort of introspective of the cartoon as a whole. Looking back at the 2012 e3 trailer, it looks like Stick of Truth is mostly just gonna be more of the same.

Maybe the cthulu trilogy as a game

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 am

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
So I guess no one got this game?

I just started playing it, pretty hilarious. Pretty much what I expected based on all the gameplay footage. I think it's as perfect as a South Park game can get. I'm only a couple hours in right now.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:19 pm
YIM WWW

Waifu: You!
Game is pretty good but it's too easy and short

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm
I wonder if they'll bring back the cleric, maybe as dlc?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:05 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
this is one of my favorite games, smack dab in between earthbound and mother 3 on my top 3 rpgs

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:42 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next