The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:44 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
best of 16 tournament - 19 /4/2018 

MGN Username: Kousor
Currently Playing: ssf2 beta / TF2
Waifu: sandbag
i am going to organise a small best of 16 tourney on challonge . the reason i put it here is because the tournament chat room in the ssf2 discord is pretty much deserted now :blackmage: :blackmage:
rules : see the link
characters : any , as long as you don't spam ............ :arrow: :ness: ................
gatorade : prefarably blue
the tourney is going to start 2 days , check ins are underway .
if you want to enter reply to this post with:
-your mgn username
good luck :pikachu:
https://challonge.com/toolasytoname

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
This is the worst tournament I've ever seen
  • You didn't say any actual rules for the tournament like legal stages (neutral and counterpick), how to decide who hosts each match, what each match is best of(when does it change from best of 3 to best of 5), how the striking system will work, the punishments for stalling, what to do about desychs, and probably some more that I can't think of.
  • You also should tell us about the tournament much more than 2 days in advance.
  • Having a max number of people that can be in the tournament is already stupid.
  • It's impossible to register for the tournament(not that anyone would want to).
  • And it should be double elimination, not single.

buh

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
Lermonz wrote:
  • You didn't say any actual rules for the tournament like legal stages (neutral and counterpick), how to decide who hosts each match, what each match is best of(when does it change from best of 3 to best of 5), how the striking system will work, the punishments for stalling, what to do about desychs, and probably some more that I can't think of.
  • You also should tell us about the tournament much more than 2 days in advance.
  • Having a max number of people that can be in the tournament is already stupid.
  • It's impossible to register for the tournament(not that anyone would want to).

I disagree with this post because...
1. All the tournaments people make in Smash Ultimate are single elimination. Why can't the creator of this topic replicate that?
2. Also, no such tournaments have striking systems, except for kung-fu and the kumite.
3. Having a max number of people in a tournament isn't stupid. All tournaments have a max number of people that can join!
4. Nothing isn't possible, even registering for a tournament.

So if you don't like the idea the creator of this topic made, make like a tree and leave.

YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:02 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
Lermonz wrote:

I disagree with this post because...
1. All the tournaments people make in Smash Ultimate are single elimination. Why can't the creator of this topic replicate that?
2. Also, no such tournaments have striking systems, except for kung-fu and the kumite.
3. Having a max number of people in a tournament isn't stupid. All tournaments have a max number of people that can join!

So if you don't like the idea the creator of this topic made, make like a tree and leave.

YouTube Video:

what the f*** is wrong with you. why the f*** did you revive this thread. it's been dead for months and nobody cares about it, but i guess you do.
PsychoSSF2 wrote:

I'm almost certain that's wrong in the first place, and even if it is correct, I don't give a s***. This is SSF2, not Ultimate and every tournament I've been to has been double elimination.
PsychoSSF2 wrote:

The f***? Stirking systems are extremely customary in all smash games to for stage banning. The normal striking system is a 1-2-1 banning exchange. One player bans one stage from the starter/neutral stage list, then the other player bans two stages from the remaining from the same list. By this point there should be two stages left to choose from, because most stage lists have 5 neutral stages, and the first player picks which of the two stages they'll go to.
PsychoSSF2 wrote:

It is though. It just artificially makes the tournament smaller than it could be. No ssf2 tournaments have done this ever, and if they have the TOs (Tournament Organizers) would've been flamed for it.
PsychoSSF2 wrote:

When I made my post it was impossible to register for the tournament, because the OP didn't know how to use challonge. He fixed it later, so my original point no longer stands. Also your broken English in this post is funny, especially since you labeled your nationality as American

buh

Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 am
 [ 4 posts ]