The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:36 pm

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Wayward Winds 

OOC: Do it. Now.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Captain Avigo
________________________________________________________________________________
Thaiberium wrote:
"Captain, you don't suppose I'll have to part with Binky now do I?"

"Worry not, Rider." said Avigo "Your noble steed will be able to join us. You see, standard class privateer warships are designed to have fairly large cargo holds, ideal for storing anything ranging from confiscated goods to an unlucky Scarlet Dread crew. Needless to say, it would be more then enough to create a patchwork stable for "Bunky" or whatever the devil you call that animal." Brushing past Jong, he gaily marched past his disguised crew members until he stood at the head of the formation. Turning to face them, he clapped his hands together, and exclaimed " Perfect! Now onwards to the next step. As you all know, from 'ere on out, we are proud soldiers of the Lukeian naval fleet. ... Privateers. If anyone says otherwise... I wish you godspeed. Now, you will referring to me as your very skilled, very 'andsome commander..." he trailed off, searching his breast pocket for any means of identification. Pulling out a silver badge, he read out loud the engraving on the back, obviously crestfallen. "... Captain Tod Shmunner... Drat." Spinning on his heels, he began to march in place. "Follow my lead! 'Eads down, chests out, aaaaand march!"

Setting

Port Town: On the way to shipyard gates.
Noon: Sunny

________________________________________________________________________________
The usual murmurings of conversations throughout the bustling streets were strangely absent as a platoon of privateers paraded through the streets. Onlookers stared angrily at the troop, while others looked away in fear. For some time now, the far away kingdom and military super-power, Luke, noticed the lack of government in Dasmal. Seeing to opportunity to seize it, they sailed in troops to occupy it. The takeover was relatively easy, as there was no military to oppose them. They Created harsh laws, enforced curfews and placed taxes on most import goods. Anyone who resisted was sent across seas to Luke to be put on an unfair trial for treason, usually resulting in execution. Growing weary of fighting, the citizens gave up and let their island become another source of income for Luke, though they still look upon the Lukeian military with hatred.

O.O.C
Mad Hatter and I will be gone for a week. No posts until I get back. I need to try something.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 pm

O.O.C.
__________________________________________________________________________________
I have returned. Now it's just a matter of Hatter.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Gatekeeper

The calm waves hit the shore. Very favorable weather had hit Dasmal. An old seaman, the gatekeeper glanced lazily down the road from his post. Beyond his eyebrows, thickening with age, the elder noticed a large change in the faces of the townspeople. A closer inspection proved that such a ruckus was the result of a strangely dressed group waltzing down the unusually quiet streets. A sly smile rose upon his cheeks, for nothing of interest had occurred in the town for some time. As they approached, the uniforms that they wore became far clearer, and his smile quickly faded into the pursed lips he often wore.

The Lukesmen were a peculiar lot, but his hatred outshone any interest he had in their appearances. Although one of them seemed to be one of the most feminine males he had ever seen. Raising his eyes up to meet those of the man in front, the seaman exclaimed "What are the lot of ye doing in my port?" Clearing his throat, he spat in the privateers' direction, landing it directly on the captain's coat. "It's a downright shame that your royal Duke swooped in, but it is far worse that a seafarer like I must serve you pathetic Lukes." He licked his dry scowled lips, then held his wrinkled hand out to accept identification.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 pm

O.O.C.
I guess if nobody else posts, I will.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Raleigh sighed. Apparently the Lukesmen weren't very popular here. He listen to the gatekeeper give his speech, but was surprised when the man held out his hand.
"Since when is there a fee just to board our ships?" He inquired indignantly.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:50 pm

OOC: Hey guys. I'm about to go away for two and a half weeks, and I'm just saying that if a post from my character is absolutely necessary, Zesper has explicit permission to post as me. Sorry I didn't ask you beforehand, Zesper, but I have no time xD Sorry everyone...

Aiolos scratched his head and stared. Silly old man, he thought, I just want to get moving. He stepped to the side of the group so he could catch a better view of the cranky old geezer, craning his neck and hoping dearly that they'd just leave the town already.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:56 pm
Site Admin

Aneira stayed as unnoticeable as she could. She didn't bother to stare at the ground because then it would look like she had something to hide. Walking in sync with the group, careful not to lag too much behind or get too far ahead she stopped when they came up to the gate keeper. He was a rather crotchety old man, and it was clear he had no love for the Lukesmen, it was something she shared in common with the gatekeeper. Though it w as nowhere near her dislike for pirates. She would have spoken up, with a threat to let them onto their ship but she knew it would be pointless. Her voice would give them all away, she slouched her shoulders and waited for the outcome.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
OOC: My god, this RP's at a standstill.
Freakin' frozen molasses...

IC:
Unbelievable. The disguise not only directed the animosity of the townspeople to their group, but aroused the suspiciousions of an old man, one who must have held a deep hatred for... what had he called them? Lukes? Subjects of a Duke? Uncertainty filled Lenard, he had not studied deep into Dasmal Island's politics. "Another weak point in my studies" groaned Lenard silently. Curious as to how the man would react to the group, Lenard could only hope they find a way to resolve the situation without exposing their disguise, and having their hands covered in blood. Staying put, he sealed his mouth purposely, and waited for his captain to acknowledge the man's request.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm
Site Moderator

Ari simply waited, back straight, and basically being a statue.

OOC: I don't feel like posting in here nowadays, but I'll go on anyways..

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:21 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Jong was still on horseback as they approached the gate being barred by the Gatekeeper who spat disrespectfully at the Captain. It was to be expected, the Lukeians were not very welcome with the locals.

"Since when is there a fee just to board our ships?" inquired one of the plucky fellows in his group.

Jong rode beside, nudging him with the buttstock.

"Quiet boy, he just wants identification," Jong spoke, feigning anger, "What did they teach you at the academy?"

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 am

Captain Avigo
Avigo watched in a mix of surprise and disgust as the spit dribbled down the front of his breast pocket, leaving a brown streak. He hadn't expected the gatekeeper to be that hostile. If they were to take his abuse, the old man might get c*** and question them further, risking discovery. They had to stay dominant. Noting this, a plan began to take form inside Avigo's head. Slowly, the Captain began quiver, blood rushed to his head, turning it a fiery red hue, and his jugular vein throbbed with mock rage. Finally, he screamed out in a raspy voice unlike his own "WHAAAAAT'CHU DO THAT FOR! HUH?! WHAAAT THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR!" Flecks of spittle erupted from his mouth, wetting anybody nearby, including the keeper. The old man stood silently in his booth, taken aback by the sudden outburst, his hand still held out. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AAAM?!" Avigo continued, whipping out his badge and frantically waved it in the elderly man's face "I AM TOD SHMUNNER! COMMANDER OF THE...OF THE... err..." he faltered, reading off the back of the badge "T-THE THIRTY THIRD PRIVATEER PLATOON! DO YOU KNOW WHAT SOMEONE IN MY POSITION COULD DO TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU?! HMM?!" The gatekeeper silently scowled back at Avigo, standing his ground. "I COULD HAVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY'S WORTHLESS CARCASSES SHIPPED BACK TO LUKE WHERE YOU'LL ROT IN A CELL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! YOU HEAR ME?! ROOOOT!"

Last edited by Zesper on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:26 pm

He's snapped. By god, he's snapped. was the only echoing thought in Lenard's now-dormant mind. It's doesn't look like the captain, "Tod Shmunner" is a very social person.
"Sir..." poked Lenard. "Sir... cappin' Shmunner, sir... you're going to shock this man."

Last edited by ConquestStreak on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Captain Avigo
"DON'T YOU LECTURE ME, YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING BOOB! I AM YOUR COMMANDER, AND I DEMAND UTMOST RESPECT, AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR SUCH TREACHERY! He shirked, flailing his arms about. His act was quite convincing as passerby's looked on with bewilderment and anger.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Finally. An opening. Treachery? His comment was anything be treacherous. Leading to believe that the captain was putting on a show. A skit, for the moderately good natured people of Dasmal.
Not to mention the serious harm to the already-not-so-liked Lukes. Two birds, one stone.
Finally realizing his the point, A silent, sad nod to his captain and a "yessir" muttered, he went along, the ashamed subordinate. A perfect act, save for the dimple of a restrained smile.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 pm
 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next