The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 am

[ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Smash Flash Back Room 0.9b Tier List 

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Is a tier list based on the metagame at the moment of the roster hypothetical's full potential?

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:04 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
Lunary wrote:
Is a tier list based on the metagame at the moment of the roster hypothetical's full potential?

You have to suppose is a mix from both seeing that there's really not many good representation of Pikachu at the current meta, yet you look at his spot and you know that he has the potential to be there so no one really complains.

But :chibirobo: For B tier atleast, like seriously now. Joey confirms~

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Lunary wrote:
It's a mix of both, though potential is weighted more heavily. For example, even if a Samus player started dominating the tournament scene, I would be surprised to see her move up anywhere past mid-low B tier.
IronH wrote:
Chibi For B tier atleast, like seriously. Joey confirms~
I would love for this to be true, but I simply cannot believe it. He's the perfect example of a character built with an amalgamation of tools that each seem strong at first but ultimately don't amount to much because they don't mesh well. For example, he has one of the best forward airs in the game in terms of spacing, but outside of extraordinary circumstances, he'll never get anything more from landing it than a one or two-hit followup into moves that don't KO. He has to win the neutral so many more times than his opponents to take a stock, let alone a game, and that's one of many factors that seriously hamper his viability at the theoretical highest level.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:11 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Chibi is one of those characters you have to play to understand why they're not as good as other characters. I think Chibi has excellent niche matchups against MK (45-55 IMO) and a couple others because of his range and quick moves, but he has serious trouble against heavyweights and fast-fallers because these characters are balanced with the idea that your opponent will get really heavy punishes. However, Chibi is at the perfect intersection of falling speed and weight to get really heavy punishes landed: many characters can land heavyweight setups (uthrow -> uair with Fox or throw combos into fair with Sheik at higher percents) that kill at lightweight percents (uthrow -> uair kills Chibi really early, fair from Sheik does too, as do DK's fair from dthrow or uair, fsmash from throw combos from Marth, etc.) I think Chibi really needs to have a huge advantage in the neutral to do well, because the punish game is usually cripplingly uneven.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Maybe it's just me but Chibi feels so much better offline. If I were you create an offline tier list I might put him above Wario, Sora, and plethora of other characters. Then again I only play against computers.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Playing against CPUs is never a viable resource for finding a chars true potential, so that would be kinda pointless to make a tier list based on CPUs. (You hear me sonicfan?)

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:13 am
BR Member

Additionally, I think if anything Chibi gets worse offline. Your punishes won't really improve much because you're already working at the limit of the character, while Falcons or Foxes will eat you alive off of hits.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:32 pm

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
I sortve disagree with the Naruto placing too me he has never seemed X tier material Low A tier at best

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 pm
BR Member

If anything, I see Naruto rising by a spot or two. I haven't seen anyone abuse Rasenshuriken, standing in Up B clones or dash attack to the point that they can be. This character is bonkers.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:59 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
I hope no one thinks :bomberman: is still B tier. ;p

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Savy, eh? wrote:
If anything, I see Naruto rising by a spot or two. I haven't seen anyone abuse Rasenshuriken, standing in Up B clones or dash attack to the point that they can be. This character is bonkers.

Well, the players that do this stuff do ONLY this stuff and make no attempt to improve their game beyond throwing clones while standing in up-B and unleash an endless barrage of utilts. There are much better Naruto players that do not do this stuff, but if a Naruto player that was solid in other respects really used the cheesier aspects of the character they would go far.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 am

Godot wrote:
Savy, eh? wrote:

Well, the players that do this stuff do ONLY this stuff and make no attempt to improve their game beyond throwing clones while standing in up-B and unleash an endless barrage of utilts. There are much better Naruto players that do not do this stuff, but if a Naruto player that was solid in other respects really used the cheesier aspects of the character they would go far.

weaker players are irrelevant, you have to consider the character's full potential for tier lists

you are right though

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:01 am
BR Member

Indeed, Godot. It seems that the better a Naruto player is, the less they abuse his rediculously overpowered tools. Maybe it's because they realize how lame he is at top level or how fun he is without those things, I don't know. Either way, theoretically optimized Naruto is a terrifying beast that 0-deaths you more easily than Donkey Kong and has a better neutral than 90% of the cast. I could honestly see this character in top 3 down the road.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:56 am
BR Member

You guys are totally right that the better Narutos specifically don't spam, because it's more fun for you and your opponent (and you will have a better reputation), especially because competitive players have a tag and some accountability for how they play: they can't just annoy the s*** out of someone and never interact with them again. This makes Naruto spam seem pretty bad, but I think you guys are right that if you optimized Naruto's punish game (read: dash attack x5 -> utilt x3 -> Rasenshuriken -> ded) and his neutral (read: uspec mine in front of you, dspec aerial approaches, side-spec to harass and charge Rasenshuriken), he would be extremely formidable. As it is he's already pretty good (side-spec starts combos and harasses, aerial dspec is a good approach, dthrow is the best tech-chase throw in the game, and he has a couple combos with his aerials).

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:09 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
p.sure naruto would be top 3 in the tier list if a good player actually abused his mechanics

like really easy combos, low % kills, guaranteed rasen charge from every kill
strong neutral with zoning

great aerials/normals even without using the other s***

I think it's just nobody wants to be 'that guy' who plays super lame and abuses everything

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:43 pm
 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next