The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:01 am

[ 11 posts ] 
Mr.Z's BR Application 
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
EDIT: Added Skype information.

Name (aka Handle):

Mr.Z (AKA: Z, Mr.Sprite, Multizyzy1467)

How old are you?:

15 1/2

Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):

Link: Because in every other smash game, Link has been at the bottom of the tier list, and that saddens me. After playing SSF2 link, the devs did right what Sakurai did wrong with link: Bad recovery, Speed and power, and tremendous amounts of Endlag. So I stuck with link at the time, and eventually found him to be very fun to play as or against. And after a while, I started getting really good with him. Then I took it upon myself to main this Swordsman because I saw how something people look down upon could have so much value.

Megaman: Ahh the Blue Bomber... In my early days of SSF2 online I met quite a few of Megaman players out there, but they were the type to abuse moves like crash bomb or Ftilt, and that sickened me. So I wanted to be the first player to use Megaman right, and then I began my training in The Lab. For about 10 minutes or so I was messing around with his moves to see the properties and priorities of each, then I decided to gather up what I knew and put in into a combo. I soon came up with this:
YouTube Video:
After I performed that combo, I immediately feel in love with Megaman and used him ever since then. To this day I'm still learning more things about this character, and leveling him up after every match I play.

Chibi-Robo: Many people say this is the worst character in SSF2, but I think otherwise. After challenging SoldierSunday on his stream, he went Chibi and I thought to myself "This is going to be a piece of cake..." But I got 4 stocked in less than a minute and 30 seconds. I was devastated after that, and completely destroyed my mood for the entire day. After getting my thoughts back in order, I started experimenting with Chibi in the lab, and found some interesting things about him. I applied what I knew about this character and played some matches online. Almost every match I got 2 stocked or Jv'ed. At that time, I just wanted to drop chibi and move on to better characters in the game. But I made a commitment to myself, "Keep trying, and you'll be the best Chibi out there" And so I kept playing him, and I started winning more matches, and I was feeling great! So after winning more and more matches (and 4 stocking players as well), I made a decision to upgrade my Chibi from Pocket status, to Main status and I went from there. Chibi is also my most used Character.

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):

I have played all, but I had the most experience with Brawl. My mains were Lucas, Toon Link, and Luigi.

I know my ways around in the smash titles. I'm not exactly familiar with the Tech in Melee, but I do know quite a lot about Brawl. My apologizes if I can't name some of the tech off the top of my head.

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?

I have not attended any tournaments in real life sadly. I have, however, participated in tournaments for Games such as Super Smash bros. Crusade and Super Smash Flash 2. The Crusade tourneys were hosted by Traweezie and would include about 8-10 people per tourney. Most of those tourneys I've ended up in 2nd or 3rd place. For SSF2, I attended such tourneys like the Reddit tourney, X Qualifier, and Hypest. My highest placement in any SSF2 tournament took place in the Reddit tournament and I came in 3rd place, while Marvinbienamie placed in 2nd and Kyoz made it in 1st.

When did you start playing SSF2?

I've been playing ever since the release of SSF1, but then I really took interest in SSF2 v0.7 (and smash in general).

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.

My favorite stage in SSF2 is Smashville because it's like Final Destination with a moving platform. It's one of the most Neutral stages in Smash and everything about it is perfect. I also find it to be one of the easiest stages to maneuver around because it's platform doesn't stay in one place and can also be a life-saver if your opponent tries to edge guard or ledge hog. And the ledges are fit for any character no matter how good or bad their recovery is.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?

Meta Kight
Because he has hardly any bad Match ups and is just a very powerful character in general. With great aerials, Speed, Power, and a very good combo game, this character belongs on the top tier spot. And because of his size and weight, he can't be combo-ed like any other character which adds to not having any bad Match ups. Meta Knight was made to be on a tier list.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?

Sora
Sora feels like he should be the lowest on the tier list because he is one of the weakest characters in the game. I say this because he has little to no kill power and his only reliable kill move is his forward aerial, which is one of his only attacks to depend on. Flowmotion is a good tool to use for combos and follow ups but it's very unsafe. For if you miscalculated where your opponent will end up, that leads to a free punish and even an SD if you used it near the edge. On top of no kill power, his recovery is one of the worst in the game. Up special is mainly an attack tool and is horrible as an recovery option because you have no control over the height of the move (almost like Mario's, only his can be adjusted by a little) and flowmotion can be easily read or countered by an Forward Smash or Ledge hog. Yes Sora may have a amazing combo game but other than having good combos, he has nothing else. And that is why I find Sora to be the absolute worst in SSF2.

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?

My only change to SSF2 I would make is to take away the anime fighters because they don't seem fit for this type of fighting game. Each anime character are over powered in their own way and trying to make them balanced in a smash bros fighting is almost impossible.

What is your view on items in competitive play?

I feel items will get in the way of actual skill and cause unfair advantages. They should never be allowed in competitive play ever.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.

I do now have a Skype. Username is multizyzy1467.

Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.

I want to join the Super Smash Flash 2 Back Room because I want to do more than just play. I want my ideas to be heard, I want the in's and out's of a character, I want to learn more about Match ups and help players who are learning such things. I want to actually be somebody in a community I love with all my heart.

I'm willing to contribute my time, effort, and Ideas to make the best out of my stay.

I find myself to be an exceptional applicant because I am a knowledgeable player and one of the top players at the moment. Of course, being top at anything doesn't mean much but I am not your average player.

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)

Here is my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/multizyzy4523/videos And I was also featured in every part of Flashback so far as "Z."

Last edited by Z. on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm
SSF2 Developer

Hey there : O

You are Chibi-Robo and your opponent is Fox. You are doing a Best-of-3 set.

1. On your first match, you are the first to Strike a Stage, according to the 1-2-1 pattern. Which one would you Strike first, out of the following list? Which ones (name 2) would your opponent be likely to Strike?

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium III
Yoshi's Story

2. Assume both of you really like Smashville and just decide to play there. The Fox player likes to rush down, but also uses Neutral-B somewhat rarely to mix things up. Describe the ideal distance you would like to be from your opponent (near, far, middle) while in the Neutral, and what moves or maneuvers you might use while in the Neutral Game.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:41 pm
BR Member

135 wrote:
Hey there : O

You are Chibi-Robo and your opponent is Fox. You are doing a Best-of-3 set.

1. On your first match, you are the first to Strike a Stage, according to the 1-2-1 pattern. Which one would you Strike first, out of the following list? Which ones (name 2) would your opponent be likely to Strike?

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium III
Yoshi's Story

2. Assume both of you really like Smashville and just decide to play there. The Fox player likes to rush down, but also uses Neutral-B somewhat rarely to mix things up. Describe the ideal distance you would like to be from your opponent (near, far, middle) while in the Neutral, and what moves or maneuvers you might use while in the Neutral Game.

1. I would strike Battlefield first because I feel Chibi doesn't have that much mobility on a stage like that, and Fox would have plenty of stage control due to his tech skill and mobility as well.

I believe my opponent would ban Flat stages like Final Destination and Smashville because due to fox's fast falling speed, it makes him almost very likely to get caught in a chain grab or a Death combo. Fox may have the shine but if my Chibi is patient enough and not fall under pressure due to his zoning, he can catch him off guard with a nair and read him with a grab and start the chain grab from there.

2. Fox is a very dangerous character to go up against, so someone like Chibi should play it safe and not be trying to play aggressive at all, unless he finds an opening (basically, Chibi should stay in the middle). Playing the Neutral game against fox will require me to keep stage control by using Nair or Bair to keep fox at a certain distance away from Chibi, and occasionally using specials like Neutral special to gain more stage control as well (since Chibi's Neutral special functions more like Falco's lasers). I speculate a very patient match from both characters.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Use the following list to answer the questions

List: show
-Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Story
-Pokemon Stadium III
-Tower of Salvation
-Dreamland
-Sky Sanctuary
-Castle Siege
-Dracula's Castle
-Jungle Hijinx

1. In Mega Man vs Meta Knight matchup, what is the worst stage for Mega Man?

2. Imagine that you are playing in a tournament against a Pikachu player as Link. You lose decisively (4-stocked) to your opponent's Pikachu on Smashville; then they proceed to ban Tower of Salvation and Battlefield. Assuming that neither of you will switch characters, which stage would you counterpick and why?

3. In the Chibi Robo vs Captain Falcon matchup, which stage is the best for Chibi Robo?

Please be detailed in your responses.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 pm
BR Member

Zapperrix wrote:
Use the following list to answer the questions

List: show
-Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Story
-Pokemon Stadium III
-Tower of Salvation
-Dreamland
-Sky Sanctuary
-Castle Siege
-Dracula's Castle
-Jungle Hijinx

1. In Mega Man vs Meta Knight matchup, what is the worst stage for Mega Man?

2. Imagine that you are playing in a tournament against a Pikachu player as Link. You lose decisively (4-stocked) to your opponent's Pikachu on Smashville; then they proceed to ban Tower of Salvation and Battlefield. Assuming that neither of you will switch characters, which stage would you counterpick and why?

3. In the Chibi Robo vs Captain Falcon matchup, which stage is the best for Chibi Robo?

Please be detailed in your responses.

I will try to answer these questions to the best of my ability.

1. Personally, I find Yoshi's Story to be the worst stage for Mega man in the match up against Meta knight. I think this because Yoshi's story is a small stage, and Mega man doesn't have that much room to roam around freely. If the Meta knight zones correctly, mega man won't even get a chance to breathe and he needs to have stage control to switch between projectiles and perform smash attacks. Meta knight has more mobility than Mega man, which allows him to invade his defenses with his very powerful aerials or Dash canceled smashes or fast grabs. Adding in platforms to the mix is like adding fuel to the fire, since meta knight is very powerful in the air as well as he is in the ground. He could catch Mega man with a surprise Nair and go for an edgeguard that would most likely be successful for Meta knight (since once Mega is hit out of beat call, he can no longer use that special again).

2. The stage I would pick would be Dreamland. I chose this to be my counterpick because Dreamland is a big stage, so that gives link more room to space out his projectiles. Link does well with platforms, so mobility won't be that much of an issue against a character like pikachu, who does better when it comes to movement. The neutral game consist of Link using all weapons in his arsenal and using nair space out pikachu, while pikachu will use neutral special to find an approach as well.

3. I would say Smashville, but Final Destination seems more fit for this match up. I'd say FD because just like fox, falcon has a very fast fall speed as well, which makes him very likely to get caught in a combo. Final Destination doesn't have any platforms so the falcon would have to perfect his DI and tech in order to avoid getting in a chain grab/combo.

I'm sorry if these answers weren't answered with as much detail as you were expecting.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:20 pm
BR Member

Bumping this topic to see if it's still alive.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:36 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Don't worry, we're discussing your application. Good things come to those who wait :)

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:06 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Don't worry, we're discussing your application. Good things come to those who wait :)

Ok :) Pardon me if I seemed like I was rushing, I understand discussing these types of things take a while.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:10 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Fine. Look at my app, I freaked out and went bump-crazy for a bit. :)

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:13 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
You are Mega Man fighting against Goku. Neither of you will change characters. How will the match likely progress?
Please give an approximate matchup score in the vein of 50:50, 60:40, etc. and say whose favor it's in.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:07 am
BR Member

Saikyoshi wrote:
You are Mega Man fighting against Goku. Neither of you will change characters. How will the match likely progress?
Please give an approximate matchup score in the vein of 50:50, 60:40, etc. and say whose favor it's in.

Indeed I will Saikyoshi.

The Match up is most likely equal for both characters, which means that it's 50:50, but I personally feel it's 47:52 in goku's favor. I feel this way about the Match up because as being the Megaman, I'm able to keep goku at a certain distance using my specials. I'm also able to approach with moves like Side B or Dash attack to get a grab follow up and even a combo. Goku on the other hand, has attacks of his own that can keep Megaman under pressure. With his ability to float, he is able to merge in attacks like nair or dair to break through Megaman's defenses. Grounded Ki blasts doesn't play a role in his approaching options, since if the first ki blast connects the second can be Power Shielded, but aerial ki blasts are one of his best approaching tools because of the follow ups goku can do afterwards. Also goku has better movement options like Teleport that can be unpredictable (if the goku doesn't abuse it.) And to add, if goku manages to get Megaman off stage, he can easily gimp him with any attack due to the fact that if Megaman gets hit out of beat call, he can't recover anymore.

Sorry if my responses aren't legible.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:42 am
 [ 11 posts ]