View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:15 pm



Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Smash Flash Back Room 0.9b Tier List #3 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 pm
Posts: 4539
Location: U.S.
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Reply with quote
I will agree with CF, hell Jammy says Falcon loses that mu because of nair in his Falcon mu guide.

I do think Link beats Peach due to his range, able to zone her out and due to have good tools to kill floaties.

I am not sure about Goku, but I haven't seen or hear that mu talked about.

I am not sure about BM or BBM.

I am sorry people keep getting on you about your claims, though they want to acknowledge you as the best Peach for some reason without listening to you.

The mus you stated that she wins I hardly seen, actually heard that Jiggs beats Peach. Though remember, the characters you said that Peach wins against are in the bottom tier so she wouldn't go up because of that.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 2075
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Anime Girl
Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Reply with quote
Why do you think Peach beats Yoshi, Sorabotics? Also, glad to see you again!

_________________
Image

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:


Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:16 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Westchester, New York
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Skype: ZaloZemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Reply with quote
I like the list. Top-14 are pretty on-point to the meta, and the lower-half of cast are really interchangeable with each-other.

_________________

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"


Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:14 am
Profile WWW
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm
Posts: 1502
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Reply with quote
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Why do you think Peach beats Yoshi, Sorabotics? Also, glad to see you again!


Yoshi's recovery is relatively predictable, which makes it pretty easy for Peach to edgeguard it. Yoshi's run speed is also pretty slow (and yes, so is Peach's, but her float goes the same speed if not faster...I think lol) which makes it hard for Yoshi to get away from FC Nair into D-tilt combos. Peach also has turnips, which might be difficult for Yoshi to deal with, especially since he might have to use his DJ to do so (which is a commitment that Peach can anticipate, plus Yoshi's DJ is really bad in this demo in terms of how much it pushes Yoshi down imo).

And thanks! I never stopped browsing the forums, but I really haven't been thinking about competitive stuff at all with all the Beta hype that's happened in the past couple of months :xd:


Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:43 pm
Posts: 761
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

_________________
RETIRED


Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:26 pm
Posts: 568
Location: NC
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Happyfrozenfire
Skype: Happyfrozenfire
Currently Playing: SSF2, Sm4sh, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokémon Platinum
Waifu: Skyla
Reply with quote
FutureMac wrote:
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Kill Mac

_________________
TSF IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JOIN NOW!

Click to expand thumbnail


Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 pm
Posts: 4539
Location: U.S.
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Reply with quote
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
FutureMac wrote:
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Kill Mac

I will get the guns.

Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Why do you think Peach beats Yoshi, Sorabotics? Also, glad to see you again!


Yoshi's recovery is relatively predictable, which makes it pretty easy for Peach to edgeguard it. Yoshi's run speed is also pretty slow (and yes, so is Peach's, but her float goes the same speed if not faster...I think lol) which makes it hard for Yoshi to get away from FC Nair into D-tilt combos. Peach also has turnips, which might be difficult for Yoshi to deal with, especially since he might have to use his DJ to do so (which is a commitment that Peach can anticipate, plus Yoshi's DJ is really bad in this demo in terms of how much it pushes Yoshi down imo).

And thanks! I never stopped browsing the forums, but I really haven't been thinking about competitive stuff at all with all the Beta hype that's happened in the past couple of months :xd:


Edgeguard him how? Like make him double jump with armor or make the Yoshi egg throw first then do something about the double jump?

Don't most characters approach from the air? They both have below average ground mobility, with Peach having one of the worst.

Also from what I gathered, Yoshi has one, if not the fastest air speed in the current demo so I am sure him approaching from the air is best. Peach also has fast air speed so they are kinda even when it comes to aerial mobility.

Can't Yoshi use Egg throw to counter your turnips? I know they both aren't that great, but it seems Yoshi can do some good return fire with his eggs.

Also what do you mean by his DJ pushes him down?

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Posts: 1092
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: BedoopBro
Skype: wackywarmachine
Currently Playing: Soup or Smash Crash: The Sequel
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Reply with quote
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Kill Mac

Little Micheal

_________________
ImageImage
Image
Image


Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 pm
Posts: 4539
Location: U.S.
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Reply with quote
I hope everyone has a great Valentines day and today is my birthday so I am so happy.

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 am
Profile WWW
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 1222
Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Skype: dark_ermac
Reply with quote
I'm surprised that this topic still isn't stickied, yet the old one is.

_________________
Image
Swinging a chain, swinging a chain...


Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm
Posts: 1502
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Reply with quote
Lord doughnut wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
FutureMac wrote:
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Kill Mac

I will get the guns.

Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Why do you think Peach beats Yoshi, Sorabotics? Also, glad to see you again!


Yoshi's recovery is relatively predictable, which makes it pretty easy for Peach to edgeguard it. Yoshi's run speed is also pretty slow (and yes, so is Peach's, but her float goes the same speed if not faster...I think lol) which makes it hard for Yoshi to get away from FC Nair into D-tilt combos. Peach also has turnips, which might be difficult for Yoshi to deal with, especially since he might have to use his DJ to do so (which is a commitment that Peach can anticipate, plus Yoshi's DJ is really bad in this demo in terms of how much it pushes Yoshi down imo).

And thanks! I never stopped browsing the forums, but I really haven't been thinking about competitive stuff at all with all the Beta hype that's happened in the past couple of months :xd:


Edgeguard him how? Like make him double jump with armor or make the Yoshi egg throw first then do something about the double jump?

Don't most characters approach from the air? They both have below average ground mobility, with Peach having one of the worst.

Also from what I gathered, Yoshi has one, if not the fastest air speed in the current demo so I am sure him approaching from the air is best. Peach also has fast air speed so they are kinda even when it comes to aerial mobility.

Can't Yoshi use Egg throw to counter your turnips? I know they both aren't that great, but it seems Yoshi can do some good return fire with his eggs.

Also what do you mean by his DJ pushes him down?


You could do either: bait/read the DJ pull back and hit it after the armor is gone or just hit him after he uses egg throw. The latter is much easier.

I mean, he could use Egg Throw, but that would be kinda hard to do without leaving himself open since it has some lag on it. Also might be kinda hard to get the right angle on the egg to snipe the turnip but idk, no Yoshi has ever even tried that lol.

In SSF2, Yoshi does not rise nearly as fast on the start-up of his DJ. Its almost feels like he's being weighed down when he starts up, where as in every other smash game he instantly rises.


Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:46 pm
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:14 pm
Posts: 2075
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Anime Girl
Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Reply with quote
The whole Yoshi DJ thing is clearest when you compare patches: there was a patch of v0.9b that changed Yoshi's jump physics and caused what happens now, so it's a lot like Peach: a fall, and then a rise. It has benefits, but is mainly a bad thing (one cool thing it allows is quicklands a la Shine, so you can do things like jump, use Yoshi's airspeed to get somewhere, DJ using your momentum but still very close to the ground, land, and then ftilt or jab or something). I think the whole "Yoshi is super edgeguardable" thing is very dependent on player MU knowledge and Yoshi player ability: while I have no doubt in your experience that's true, I'd argue that might be more about abusing Yoshis who haven't fully explored his recovery options (which I think is true for a lot of Yoshis) than about the intrinsic ability of the character. You can Egg Throw from far away to the point where Peach can't punish it, and then get within range to DJ to stage safely. It's a very difficult strategy to counter, because if you try to float offstage to get the jump on Egg Throw Yoshi can just DJ through your float and get back to stage (with an Egg Throw if needed) before you do. Yoshi also has some side-B shenanigans and overall I think does quite well against Peach's edgeguarding. Peach also doesn't really have great ways to force edgeguards, because nair and fair both send really high with proper DI. Yoshi has one of the best landing games in SSF2 with his airspeed, super armor, aerial stalls, and down-B, so I think as long as Yoshi gets sent high up coming back is pretty painless with proper play.

_________________
Image

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:


Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:32 am
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 2880
Location: ...if you bougth this cd you have been cheated...
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Skype: BaffleBlend
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Reply with quote
Dark Ermac wrote:
I'm surprised that this topic still isn't stickied, yet the old one is.

I've PMed TSON.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:18 am
Posts: 609
Location: Lagcity, or lagless city if my phone is working
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Reply with quote
Lord doughnut wrote:

Edgeguard him how? Like make him double jump with armor or make the Yoshi egg throw first then do something about the double jump?

Don't most characters approach from the air? They both have below average ground mobility, with Peach having one of the worst.

Also from what I gathered, Yoshi has one, if not the fastest air speed in the current demo so I am sure him approaching from the air is best. Peach also has fast air speed so they are kinda even when it comes to aerial mobility.

Can't Yoshi use Egg throw to counter your turnips? I know they both aren't that great, but it seems Yoshi can do some good return fire with his eggs.

Also what do you mean by his DJ pushes him down?

Yoshi has like 2 linear recovery options, and a mixup on each. so 4 total recovery styles
-DJ->UpB spam to recover high
-DJ->UpB spam and downB to ledge
-UpB spam->DJC land on stage
-UpB spam->DJ to ledge
Let us not forget that DJ armor doesn't last a long time in ssf2 9b
Peach does travel horizontally faster than yoshi, but yoshi goes up and down, up and down, all the while. yoshi has more mobility in the air than peach but peach gets places faster the quickest from point A to point B is a straight line

Yoshi's Eggs have a pretty large arc, and has to be committed to do. While peach can just pull a turnip when she has a breather and voila. instant combo break/extender tool.
The only way yoshi's eggs will be useful would be on stages without platforms such as FD, 3DS, and ToS, or small platforms like PS3.
now whatchu talking about, Turnips are scary good they break every non transcendent projectile in the game and outright beat out non disjoint normals

_________________
Beta is finally coming ;-; (≧ω≦)
I take it back, beta is a 1.0.2 is trash


Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:57 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:23 pm
Posts: 10
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
I can explain myself if need be, but chibi robo is way too low. He has a lot of potential, anyone who has played my chibi robo can attest to that fact ;). In all seriousness though, I have strong evidence for pointing that he should be about 3-4 spots higher at the very least, COME AT ME.


Wed May 10, 2017 7:04 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.