Important Notice: The McLeodGaming forums will be permanently closed and archived on April 30th, 2020.
Click here for additional info.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Sora Matchup Chart v2 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Not Earth
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
Reply with quote
Welp. If you guys wanna think ZSS is broken, go ahead.
This Mu chart is basically copying the current tier list and pasting it into an mu chart.

_________________
Image
Profile Theme Song
★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ....somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • ° .*:...in a parallel universe..
Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:32 pm
Posts: 496
Location: California
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Anime Girl
MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Reply with quote
Kyoz wrote:
This Mu chart is basically copying the current tier list and pasting it into an mu chart.

tbh it is

_________________


Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Westchester, New York
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Skype: ZaloZemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Reply with quote
Quote:
Kirby v ZSS against a good ZSS, I doubt you'd still think of the MU like you do now.
That's honestly one your bigger faults, Kyoz; you don't adapt well to abnormal tactics. You seem to have a set formula of strategy to firmly stick to that is really strong, so you don't have to adjust much as it'll possible defeat counter measure you come across. but randomness seems to throw off your rhythm, and a wise players can capitalize if they get you in a vulnerable position. And your fall-back method of dealing with that problem tends to be changing characters for a better match-up.

When we play Zamus vs. Kirby, it's always fairly close in matches, going last stock, last hit situational almost every time, but you clutch it out more than 3/4 of the time because Zamus has better, safer tools to get that winning hit, unlike Kirby.

But I fight other Zamus players that are way worst than you they seem even harder to beat for my Kirby because they play super-defensive, trying to mask their lack of good fundamentals. Just constant abuse of all her whip-based attacks becoming a defensive wall that Kirby can't challenge or punish consistently.

Also think you're confusing the frustration with fighting Sora and making that out as the difficulty of the MU. Sora's design mainly creates a super-safe playstyle that takes tons of exchanges and reads to deal with. But he's still a weak character all-round. I agree with this match-up with on Zelda and Mario (I actually think he beats Sora even worst, more like 65/35). But that doesn't mean Sora is any less of a pain to fight against. I hate fighting Sora whether the players is skilled or a scrub. He just draws out matches with a tons of safe moves and combo-breakers. It's never enjoyable to face him for 5-6 minute. But I'll still end up 3-stocking him after that long-ass match.

_________________

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"


Last edited by Z A L O on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Posts: 341
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
Kyoz wrote:
Welp. If you guys wanna think ZSS is broken, go ahead.
This Mu chart is basically copying the current tier list and pasting it into an mu chart.

I don't think ZSS is broken. And it isn't copying the current BR tier list into a MU chart. Look at
DSwift wrote:
:ichigo: 75:25
:lloyd: 60:40
:naruto: 60:40

Zalozis wrote:
Sora's design mainly creates a super-safe playstyle that takes tons of exchanges and reads to deal with.I agree with this match-up with on Zelda and Mario (I actually think he beats Sora even worst, more like 65/35).He just draws out matches with a tons of safe moves and combo-breakers.

Safe? How? Also, his only useful combo breaker is up b.

_________________
Image
Kaioken is red
Rasengan is blue
Why are anime characters in SSF2


Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Not Earth
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
Reply with quote
Zalozis wrote:
Quote:
Kirby v ZSS against a good ZSS, I doubt you'd still think of the MU like you do now.
That's honestly one your bigger faults, Kyoz; you don't adapt well to abnormal tactics. You seem to have a set formula of strategy to firmly stick to that is really strong, so you don't have to adjust much as it'll possible defeat counter measure you come across. but randomness seems to throw off your rhythm, and a wise players can capitalize if they get you in a vulnerable position. And your fall-back method of dealing with that problem tends to be changing characters for a better match-up.

When we play Zamus vs. Kirby, it's always fairly close in matches, going last stock, last hit situational almost every time, but you clutch it out more than 3/4 of the time because Zamus has better, safer tools to get that winning hit, unlike Kirby.

But I fight other Zamus players that are way worst than you they seem even harder to beat for my Kirby because they play super-defensive, trying to mask their lack of good fundamentals. Just constant abuse of all her whip-based attacks becoming a defensive wall that Kirby can't challenge or punish consistently.

Also think you're confusing the frustration with fighting Sora and making that out as the difficulty of the MU. Sora's design mainly creates a super-safe playstyle that takes tons of exchanges and reads to deal with. But he's still a weak character all-round. I agree with this match-up with on Zelda and Mario (I actually think he beats Sora even worst, more like 65/35). But that doesn't mean Sora is any less of a pain to fight against. I hate fighting Sora whether the players is skilled or a scrub. He just draws out matches with a tons of safe moves and combo-breakers. It's never enjoyable to face him for 5-6 minute. But I'll still end up 3-stocking him after that long-ass match.

The problem is, you actually think that I try against you. I don't have to try to win against your scrubby playstyle.

_________________
Image
Profile Theme Song
★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ....somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • ° .*:...in a parallel universe..
Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:


Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:50 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 98
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
~You got a friend in me~


Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:17 pm
Posts: 911
Location: The Web
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Anime Girl
MGN Username: Game-spidr
Skype: skype-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
Reply with quote
Pow pow shots have been fired

_________________
Ichigo combo video part 2
YouTube Video:


Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:


Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Posts: 341
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
Bang Bang :luigi:

_________________
Image
Kaioken is red
Rasengan is blue
Why are anime characters in SSF2


Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skype: chaoticshadow50
Reply with quote
Cruisin wrote:
Kyoz wrote:
Welp. If you guys wanna think ZSS is broken, go ahead.
This Mu chart is basically copying the current tier list and pasting it into an mu chart.

I don't think ZSS is broken. And it isn't copying the current BR tier list into a MU chart. Look at
DSwift wrote:
:ichigo: 75:25
:lloyd: 60:40
:naruto: 60:40

Zalozis wrote:
Sora's design mainly creates a super-safe playstyle that takes tons of exchanges and reads to deal with.I agree with this match-up with on Zelda and Mario (I actually think he beats Sora even worst, more like 65/35).He just draws out matches with a tons of safe moves and combo-breakers.

Safe? How? Also, his only useful combo breaker is up b.

How is his UpB is only useful combo breaker? Its highly punishable and plus he has Nair and DownB? Plus Mario's moves aren't that risky. Bait and punish, gg

_________________
Mains
Image and Image


Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Posts: 341
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
How is his UpB is only useful combo breaker? Its highly punishable and plus he has Nair and DownB? Plus Mario's moves aren't that risky. Bait and punish, gg

Nair is OK I guess, but only for horizontal combos and up b is useful for avoiding vertical combos. It's worked for me before. And how is down b good for combo breakers? That start up lag is horrid if you wanna break combos.

_________________
Image
Kaioken is red
Rasengan is blue
Why are anime characters in SSF2


Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skype: chaoticshadow50
Reply with quote
SORRY I THOUGHT YOU MEANT MARIO OMG *BibleThump*

_________________
Mains
Image and Image


Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skype: chaoticshadow50
Reply with quote
Btw yeah I agree that Sora has no good ways out of getting out of combos besides UpB.

_________________
Mains
Image and Image


Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:02 pm
Posts: 17
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: infamous2011
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, Uncharted 3
Reply with quote
Im sure you already know this, but the numbers in an mu tells you who has the advantage when two players of EQUAL SKILL play the mu. Based on that, this mu chart looks extremely rushed. It would be nice if you could tell us what kind of experiments you did to come up with these numbers and who helped you.

I kind of understand where Kyoz is coming from. I get pissed off when people just assume my mains (DK, Lloyd) win every match up

_________________
Hard Knock Days for a Hard Knock Life


Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.