Important Notice: The McLeodGaming forums will be permanently closed and archived on April 30th, 2020.
Click here for additional info.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Sora Matchup Chart v2 
Author Message
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm
Posts: 1834
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: CSWooly
Skype: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Reply with quote
This is a collaboration between me and Cruisin (mostly him), here we go. Updated because our old MU chart is horrendously outdated.
Character on the left's number is first.

:metaknight: 80:20
:zerosuitsamus: 80:20

:bomberman: 75:25
:ichigo: 75:25
:marth: 75:25
:donkeykong: 75:25
:sheik: 75:25

:pikachu: 70:30
:fox: 70:30
:goku: 70:30

:zelda: 65:35
:tails: 65:35
:link: 65:35
:blackmage: 65:35

:samus: 60:40
:lloyd: 60:40
:ness: 60:40
:mario: 60:40
:captainfalcon: 60:40
:chibirobo: 60:40
:naruto: 60:40

:megaman: 55:45
:peach: 55:45
:yoshi: 55:45
:sonic: 55:45
:kirby: 55:45

:wario: 50:50
:jigglypuff: 50:50
:sora: 50:50

Conclusion:
Sora is absolutely annihilated by 2 characters
Sora is hard countered by 12 characters
Sora is countered by 7 characters
Sora is soft countered by 5 characters
Sora goes even with 3 characters including himself

_________________
Follow me on Twitter here.
Youtube channel.

Image

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:


Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 930
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Male
Waifu: Yume
Reply with quote
This is beyond sad LOL


Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 pm
Posts: 13
Country: Canada (ca)
Reply with quote
Decent cruisin/Dswift


Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skype: chaoticshadow50
Reply with quote
I don't think Sora vs Fox is that bad tbh, also I'm really surprised Wario vs Sora is an even matchup.

_________________
Mains
Image and Image


Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Not Earth
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
Reply with quote
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

_________________
Image
Profile Theme Song
★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ....somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • ° .*:...in a parallel universe..
Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:


Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skype: chaoticshadow50
Reply with quote
Kyoz wrote:
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

lol

_________________
Mains
Image and Image


Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:36 pm
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 854
Location: Afairica
Country: United Arab Emirates (ae)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Skype: suliboy25
Reply with quote
I feel like Sora's tools are being really underrated in this MU chart.
IMO Lloyd vs Sora is 55:45 and I think Sheik vs Sora is pretty exaggerated.
And c'mon, Chibi Robo 60:40? That sounds more 50:50 to me.

_________________
Image

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!


Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:03 am
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 pm
Posts: 2002
Country: Germany (de)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Reply with quote
SoF | Suli Hyuga wrote:
And c'mon, Chibi Robo 60:40? That sounds more 50:50 to me.


Id say its 55-45. Onstage is pretty even imo, but Sora offstage has it really rough and should not come back (Nair/Bair > ANY of Soras recovery options). Chibi offstage is not nearly as bad in that MU as otherwise. Toothbrush has enough priority to get annoying for Sora, Thundaga<Pick Up (although thats quite risky), and he cant really cover Chibis options properly from my experience.

_________________
Join Team Star Flash!
Image


Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail


Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:40 am
Profile WWW
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm
Posts: 1834
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: CSWooly
Skype: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Reply with quote
Kyoz wrote:
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

I've played the MU with you before, lol.

ZSS's neutral, offstage and even general stats (average faller, meaning that she isn't as easy to combo as some other characters, and isn't easy to KO vertically as some others) give Sora a hard time. She has good zoning tools and Sora's pitiful range doesn't help him in this MU. Furthermore, she's got not problem gimping Sora if she gets him offstage, and whilst her recovery can be ledgehogged, it poses a significant risk to Sora because if he misses it, he will probably die.

ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I don't think Sora vs Fox is that bad tbh, also I'm really surprised Wario vs Sora is an even matchup.

Sora vs Fox isn't an area I can speak for too well. I think you'll need to ask Cruisin for that one.

In Wario/Sora, Sora's only saving grace is the fact that he outranges Wario in many cases. But Wario not only has higher weight, falling speed and air acceleration, he can also kill Sora decently early with a Waft ot even gimp him, because Sora gets annihilated offstage by everyone. Furthermore, Wario also has really good air combo ability, so he can easily go head on with Sora in the air.

This particular matchup is pretty debated by Wario mains. Miracle--7 thinks Wario wins, but Doof thinks Wario loses 60-40.

SoF | Suli Hyuga wrote:
I feel like Sora's tools are being really underrated in this MU chart.
IMO Lloyd vs Sora is 55:45 and I think Sheik vs Sora is pretty exaggerated.
And c'mon, Chibi Robo 60:40? That sounds more 50:50 to me.


Lloyd/Sora was actually what we agreed on as a midpoint. I thought it was 55/45, but Cruisin thought it was 65/35.

Sheik/Sora is terrible for him. Sora has to hold control of the match for the whole match and if he makes one mistake, he'll just die. Sheik is also so much faster, which makes it all the more difficult. Definitely one of the worse matchups for Sora.

TSF|Skailler wrote:
SoF | Suli Hyuga wrote:
And c'mon, Chibi Robo 60:40? That sounds more 50:50 to me.


Id say its 55-45. Onstage is pretty even imo, but Sora offstage has it really rough and should not come back (Nair/Bair > ANY of Soras recovery options). Chibi offstage is not nearly as bad in that MU as otherwise. Toothbrush has enough priority to get annoying for Sora, Thundaga<Pick Up (although thats quite risky), and he cant really cover Chibis options properly from my experience.


Dair can usually spell death for Sora offstage, and any stage Sora can pick to benefit him, will also benefit Chibi significantly. Chibi generally can outrange Sora easily and you can also Neutral-B offstage him out of his jump and he'll be screwed. Chibi also falls fast, which also weakens the power of Sora's best KO move because vertical endurance. Onstage is fairly even, maybe in Chibi's favour, but there's a lot of things Chibi just has that make Sora's life a bit more difficult.

TS wrote:
This is beyond sad LOL

I agree... :cry:

_________________
Follow me on Twitter here.
Youtube channel.

Image

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:


Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Posts: 341
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I don't think Sora vs Fox is that bad tbh, also I'm really surprised Wario vs Sora is an even matchup.

Fox absolutely destroys Sora in neutral with nair alone. Sora does have dash attack, but Fox can just full hop nair and fastfall once he's underneath Sora. Fox also destroys Sora in edgeguarding, killing, and in terms of speed. Sure Sora can combo Fox, but Fox can combo Sora as well, but a lot more safely cause of his really good and safe approaches like nair shine grab. For killing, it's pretty easy cause Sora is light and he can combo into a kill move like up throw to up air. Sora is really easy to gimp so bair is free against flowmotion recovery and his vertical recovery is really bad so shine really hurts Sora. I don't think I have to explain that Fox outspeeds Sora and can punish him hard with it along with his strong kill moves.
For Wario v Sora, yes Sora does win the neutral, but Wario beats him in kill power and really hard in edgeguarding. Sora doesn't win the neutral by much cause he doesn't have many good approaches. If Wario is playing the neutral correctly, bair OoS will be useful. Sora doesn't have much killing power and outside of waft Wario doesn't either, but what makes him win in terms of kill power is his down throw because of Sora's terrible vertical recovery. Even if Sora can have a chance to recovery, it would be from flowmotion and Wario can chomp him out of it or dair cause it's easy to gimp. Wario can setups to waft which can kill him early cause he's light and even if he lives, he can try to recover, but just get gimped. As for Sora edgeguarding Wario, it depends on the stage because Wario can sometimes side b to the stage, like ToS, then up b,(you can also waft if you're really low). If Wario can't use side b to recover, Sora has thunder and sr. I think Wario's up b beats out strike raid so it might be useless, but thunder is useful. Wario has good air mobility so it isn't that hard to avoid thunder if you don't airdodge.
Kyoz wrote:
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

We have played the MU before Kyoz, I chose this MU to be 80:20. I know you're biased with ZSS sometimes, like with ZSS v Kirby, so I can't really take your word at first look. :/ Sora can't do s*** in the neutral against ZSS cause of her side b. Her neutral b can be annoying at times too. Flowmotion isn't even a good approach so that's useless. ZSS can edgeguard Sora isanely easy with d smash and side b and kill with bair is Sora recovers with flowmotion. She can also spike with dair if he recovers with flwomotion or go underneath Sora and meteor smash his with up b.

_________________
Image
Kaioken is red
Rasengan is blue
Why are anime characters in SSF2


Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Not Earth
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
Reply with quote
Cruisin wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I don't think Sora vs Fox is that bad tbh, also I'm really surprised Wario vs Sora is an even matchup.

Fox absolutely destroys Sora in neutral with nair alone. Sora does have dash attack, but Fox can just full hop nair and fastfall once he's underneath Sora. Fox also destroys Sora in edgeguarding, killing, and in terms of speed. Sure Sora can combo Fox, but Fox can combo Sora as well, but a lot more safely cause of his really good and safe approaches like nair shine grab. For killing, it's pretty easy cause Sora is light and he can combo into a kill move like up throw to up air. Sora is really easy to gimp so bair is free against flowmotion recovery and his vertical recovery is really bad so shine really hurts Sora. I don't think I have to explain that Fox outspeeds Sora and can punish him hard with it along with his strong kill moves.
For Wario v Sora, yes Sora does win the neutral, but Wario beats him in kill power and really hard in edgeguarding. Sora doesn't win the neutral by much cause he doesn't have many good approaches. If Wario is playing the neutral correctly, bair OoS will be useful. Sora doesn't have much killing power and outside of waft Wario doesn't either, but what makes him win in terms of kill power is his down throw because of Sora's terrible vertical recovery. Even if Sora can have a chance to recovery, it would be from flowmotion and Wario can chomp him out of it or dair cause it's easy to gimp. Wario can setups to waft which can kill him early cause he's light and even if he lives, he can try to recover, but just get gimped. As for Sora edgeguarding Wario, it depends on the stage because Wario can sometimes side b to the stage, like ToS, then up b,(you can also waft if you're really low). If Wario can't use side b to recover, Sora has thunder and sr. I think Wario's up b beats out strike raid so it might be useless, but thunder is useful. Wario has good air mobility so it isn't that hard to avoid thunder if you don't airdodge.
Kyoz wrote:
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

We have played the MU before Kyoz, I chose this MU to be 80:20. I know you're biased with ZSS sometimes, like with ZSS v Kirby, so I can't really take your word at first look. :/ Sora can't do s*** in the neutral against ZSS cause of her side b. Her neutral b can be annoying at times too. Flowmotion isn't even a good approach so that's useless. ZSS can edgeguard Sora isanely easy with d smash and side b and kill with bair is Sora recovers with flowmotion. She can also spike with dair if he recovers with flwomotion or go underneath Sora and meteor smash his with up b.

You don't even main Sora. You need to watch SS play him vs My ZSS or DescendedSun, and I never said Sora wins the mu I said she has trouble in it.
Everyone thinks everything is so easy to do with ZSS, like wtf you don't even play her. Why don't you try the mu for yourself against a good Sora.

_________________
Image
Profile Theme Song
★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ....somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • ° .*:...in a parallel universe..
Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:


Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skype: chaoticshadow50
Reply with quote
Kyoz don't be so mean..

_________________
Mains
Image and Image


Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Posts: 341
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
Kyoz wrote:
Cruisin wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I don't think Sora vs Fox is that bad tbh, also I'm really surprised Wario vs Sora is an even matchup.

Fox absolutely destroys Sora in neutral with nair alone. Sora does have dash attack, but Fox can just full hop nair and fastfall once he's underneath Sora. Fox also destroys Sora in edgeguarding, killing, and in terms of speed. Sure Sora can combo Fox, but Fox can combo Sora as well, but a lot more safely cause of his really good and safe approaches like nair shine grab. For killing, it's pretty easy cause Sora is light and he can combo into a kill move like up throw to up air. Sora is really easy to gimp so bair is free against flowmotion recovery and his vertical recovery is really bad so shine really hurts Sora. I don't think I have to explain that Fox outspeeds Sora and can punish him hard with it along with his strong kill moves.
For Wario v Sora, yes Sora does win the neutral, but Wario beats him in kill power and really hard in edgeguarding. Sora doesn't win the neutral by much cause he doesn't have many good approaches. If Wario is playing the neutral correctly, bair OoS will be useful. Sora doesn't have much killing power and outside of waft Wario doesn't either, but what makes him win in terms of kill power is his down throw because of Sora's terrible vertical recovery. Even if Sora can have a chance to recovery, it would be from flowmotion and Wario can chomp him out of it or dair cause it's easy to gimp. Wario can setups to waft which can kill him early cause he's light and even if he lives, he can try to recover, but just get gimped. As for Sora edgeguarding Wario, it depends on the stage because Wario can sometimes side b to the stage, like ToS, then up b,(you can also waft if you're really low). If Wario can't use side b to recover, Sora has thunder and sr. I think Wario's up b beats out strike raid so it might be useless, but thunder is useful. Wario has good air mobility so it isn't that hard to avoid thunder if you don't airdodge.
Kyoz wrote:
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

We have played the MU before Kyoz, I chose this MU to be 80:20. I know you're biased with ZSS sometimes, like with ZSS v Kirby, so I can't really take your word at first look. :/ Sora can't do s*** in the neutral against ZSS cause of her side b. Her neutral b can be annoying at times too. Flowmotion isn't even a good approach so that's useless. ZSS can edgeguard Sora isanely easy with d smash and side b and kill with bair is Sora recovers with flowmotion. She can also spike with dair if he recovers with flwomotion or go underneath Sora and meteor smash his with up b.

You don't even main Sora. You need to watch SS play him vs My ZSS or DescendedSun, and I never said Sora wins the mu I said she has trouble in it.
Everyone thinks everything is so easy to do with ZSS, like wtf you don't even play her. Why don't you try the mu for yourself against a good Sora.

I do main Sora tho. I never said that you said Sora wins the MU. Also, Kyoz, you are biased with ZSS imo. And ya, I don't play ZSS, but I can say the same thing about you not playing Sora. And you're being a hypocrite with your last sentence. I mean, if you were to try Kirby v ZSS against a good ZSS, I doubt you'd still think of the MU like you do now.

_________________
Image
Kaioken is red
Rasengan is blue
Why are anime characters in SSF2


Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Not Earth
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
Reply with quote
Cruisin wrote:
Kyoz wrote:
Cruisin wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I don't think Sora vs Fox is that bad tbh, also I'm really surprised Wario vs Sora is an even matchup.

Fox absolutely destroys Sora in neutral with nair alone. Sora does have dash attack, but Fox can just full hop nair and fastfall once he's underneath Sora. Fox also destroys Sora in edgeguarding, killing, and in terms of speed. Sure Sora can combo Fox, but Fox can combo Sora as well, but a lot more safely cause of his really good and safe approaches like nair shine grab. For killing, it's pretty easy cause Sora is light and he can combo into a kill move like up throw to up air. Sora is really easy to gimp so bair is free against flowmotion recovery and his vertical recovery is really bad so shine really hurts Sora. I don't think I have to explain that Fox outspeeds Sora and can punish him hard with it along with his strong kill moves.
For Wario v Sora, yes Sora does win the neutral, but Wario beats him in kill power and really hard in edgeguarding. Sora doesn't win the neutral by much cause he doesn't have many good approaches. If Wario is playing the neutral correctly, bair OoS will be useful. Sora doesn't have much killing power and outside of waft Wario doesn't either, but what makes him win in terms of kill power is his down throw because of Sora's terrible vertical recovery. Even if Sora can have a chance to recovery, it would be from flowmotion and Wario can chomp him out of it or dair cause it's easy to gimp. Wario can setups to waft which can kill him early cause he's light and even if he lives, he can try to recover, but just get gimped. As for Sora edgeguarding Wario, it depends on the stage because Wario can sometimes side b to the stage, like ToS, then up b,(you can also waft if you're really low). If Wario can't use side b to recover, Sora has thunder and sr. I think Wario's up b beats out strike raid so it might be useless, but thunder is useful. Wario has good air mobility so it isn't that hard to avoid thunder if you don't airdodge.
Kyoz wrote:
I love how you haven't even played the mu but you automatically put zss at the top. Just like everyone else, why am I not surprised lmao.
ZSS has more trouble in this mu than she does vs CF. This is my opinion based on who i've fought.

We have played the MU before Kyoz, I chose this MU to be 80:20. I know you're biased with ZSS sometimes, like with ZSS v Kirby, so I can't really take your word at first look. :/ Sora can't do s*** in the neutral against ZSS cause of her side b. Her neutral b can be annoying at times too. Flowmotion isn't even a good approach so that's useless. ZSS can edgeguard Sora isanely easy with d smash and side b and kill with bair is Sora recovers with flowmotion. She can also spike with dair if he recovers with flwomotion or go underneath Sora and meteor smash his with up b.

You don't even main Sora. You need to watch SS play him vs My ZSS or DescendedSun, and I never said Sora wins the mu I said she has trouble in it.
Everyone thinks everything is so easy to do with ZSS, like wtf you don't even play her. Why don't you try the mu for yourself against a good Sora.

I do main Sora tho. I never said that you said Sora wins the MU. Also, Kyoz, you are biased with ZSS imo. And ya, I don't play ZSS, but I can say the same thing about you not playing Sora. And you're being a hypocrite with your last sentence. I mean, if you were to try Kirby v ZSS against a good ZSS, I doubt you'd still think of the MU like you do now.

I already won that mu in friendlies. Same with Yoshi and Chibi Robo vs SoldierSunday's ZSS. It's on his stream you know.

_________________
Image
Profile Theme Song
★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ....somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • ° .*:...in a parallel universe..
Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:


Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm
Posts: 341
Gender: N/A
Reply with quote
Winning an MU doesn't mean it can't be a bad MU. Traweezie says Sora v Ichigo is 20:80, but I have no trouble in that MU. Although I do wanna hear your thoughts on the MU. Sora v ZSS I mean. And please don't be biased towards ZSS.

_________________
Image
Kaioken is red
Rasengan is blue
Why are anime characters in SSF2


Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.