View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Kirby Fighters X (basically Smash but with kirby) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Posts: 1092
Location: Canada
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: BedoopBro
Skype: wackywarmachine
Currently Playing: Soup or Smash Crash: The Sequel
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
hold the hell up we're makin' STAGES, too?
gimme a stage my man-erino and i will try to layout
i already made Vegetable Valley and 100m so I think I'm decent at things

_________________
ImageImage
Image
Image


Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:00 am
Posts: 51
Location: In a small corner in a dark, dark circular room...
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: N/A
MGN Username: TheOriDigi
Skype: too cool 4 skype ;)
Currently Playing: alone, SSF2
Waifu: What's that?
Kirb-Star wrote:
TheOriDigi wrote:
Here we go, Plasma Wisp's moveset. Actually the first move set I've ever done, so don't criticize negatively pls :oops: .
Plasma wisp’s moveset!

Here we go.
Quote:
Jab- Plasma Spray, Kirby Air Ride. A fast jab attack, dealing 1-2%, ending hit could shock and deal 4%
f-tilt- throws hand forward a bit. Higher knockback, about 7% damage.
Dash attack- throws a small charged hand. Has a longer range (80 pixels?)
u-tilt- sparks appear above PW’s head, damaging enemy.
d-tilt- small shock into the ground in front.

Works fine by me.
Quote:
F-Smash- charges hand with sparks, then launches forward.

Nice.
Quote:
d-smash- hits the ground and makes sparks fly out near

I like it, but maybe make it so the move leaves a Spark into the ground that stuns for 0.5/1 seconds to anyone who touches it. He can leave 3 sparks in the ground.
Quote:
U-smash- thunderbolt, goes upward instead of downwards.

Spark kirby's thunderbolt always goes upwards my friend :chibirobo:
Quote:
Aerials
N-air: hard- emits a small range shock shield like object, similar to Sonic’s n-spec soft- punches out both sides with hands.
F-air: hard- swipes forward of himself with hands soft- fires the short ranged Plasma spark, does good damage but lower knockback
B-air: soft- fires a close range large hit box wave sort of hit, not a k.o. move at all. Hard-swings around and does a hard hit
U-air: hard- swings hand upwards, in an arc, so it hits upwards but forward upwards too. Soft-twirls with hand outstretched and hits for large knock back but small hitbox.
D-air: hard- Fires a longer range bolt to the ground, Coo’s plasma power. Soft- quickly jabs a shock dagger below him.

kinda generic but ok.
Quote:
Specials & Final Smash
N-spec: releases however much charge that you have charged using the keys.
S-spec- basically his regular attack in SSU, charges a bit, then fires 3 low damage projectiles.

Better make the charging like Samus's Charge Shot, since Plasma/Spark is really overpowered since you only need to guard and mash the buttons.
S-Spec is okie dokie
Quote:
U-spec- shoots however much charge you have downwards, more charge, higher jump.

Sounds okay by me, but if he has no charge then he just uses his teleporting move from the enemy Plasma Wisps.
Quote:
D-spec- Plasma meteor, Kirby Air Ride. Shoots three small meteors to three sides, below (if in air) and to both sides.

Another projectile based attack sounds kinda repetitive. How about this:
Spark Attack: Basically Spark Kirby's main move. If using Soft Attack, the move will be a simple shine like Fox's except it doesn't reflect projectiles. If using Hard Attack he just uses the full move. Requires a cooldown of 3 seconds if you use the latter. At full charge he will use Super Electric Energy Field from Kirby 64 (albeit smaller and hitboxes aren't reliable). If used Soft Attack while fully charged he will just use the Shine while keeping the charge.

Quote:
Final Smash- Stun Finale- emits small shock lines than stun then charges and releases 8 big orbs that hit all that are stunned.

Kinda generic honestly. I think Cannon Blast (a kamehameha esque move) from Spark Robobot would be more fitting. Unlike Samus's FS the moves leaves multiple spark trails on the ground serving as traps.
Quote:
Gotta use that taunt button right? But for now let’s just make all helpers’ taunts their moves when they are summoned by Kirby.

:bomberman:
U-Taunt: Plasma Wisp's salute when summoned by Kirby.
S-Taunt: Brings out Kine's Light Bulb from Dream Land 2, if held it breaks. Can damage nearby opponents.
D-Taunt: Charges up and releases energy while yelling angery.
Quote:
Grabs:
Pummel: touches the grabbed fighter and then fighter gets shocked.
U-throw: puts the fighter on its head, shocks repeated times.
B-throw: Don’t know yet
D-throw: Don’t know yet
F-throw: Don’t know yet

Don't know yet.
Quote:
Air dodge: fades out and in (like from SS)

I like these kind of details.

Quote:
So Kirb-Star if you like this, I can do some more, but do you understand how hard it will be to do Bugzzy? :cry: just thinking about it. I will add the B, D, and F throws but I'd like some recommendations.

Remember you can merge characters' moves with other similar abilities. (e.g Plasma Wisp having some attacks from Spark). Do this by mixing Suplex with Beetle from Triple Deluxe. He's also a wrestler, so feel free to give him some wrestling moves.
I actually had a moveset written for him already but I wanna hear yours anyways. It's fun to compare :chibirobo:
Also, an important recommendation: in the OP of this thread I left an important gameplay mechaninc for this game: Soft and Hard attacks, basically what Ryu in SSB4 uses to have two S-Tilts/U-Tilts, etc.
Feel free to post whatever moveset you like, I'll make sure to review it (and please don't double post, there's an edit button at the top of your message)


Yeah, sorry it's so generic, I couldn't come up with anything at the time. I'll keep looking at videos to see what inspiration I can find.

_________________
Old meme:
Image

Mains: :naruto: :pikachu: :ichigo:

Secondarys: :sonic: :captainfalcon:

Join TSF or whatever on Discord: https://discord.gg/ndmqVgU


Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 6018
Location: Leafless Canada
Country: Peru (pe)
Gender: Male
Skype: Kirb-Star
Currently Playing: old pc games cause I can't afford buying games from steam :[]
Waifu: trent reznor
Bedoop wrote:
hold the hell up we're makin' STAGES, too?
gimme a stage my man-erino and i will try to layout
i already made Vegetable Valley and 100m so I think I'm decent at things

Half the fun of Smash Bros are the different and fun stages ;) (unless they're gimmicky as hecke like the abominations from Smash Wii U)

There's plenty of stages listed in the OP, I already have some layouts in paper (both normal and competitive) so we can talk about this via PM.

TheOriDigi wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
TheOriDigi wrote:
Here we go, Plasma Wisp's moveset. Actually the first move set I've ever done, so don't criticize negatively pls :oops: .
Plasma wisp’s moveset!

Here we go.
Quote:
Jab- Plasma Spray, Kirby Air Ride. A fast jab attack, dealing 1-2%, ending hit could shock and deal 4%
f-tilt- throws hand forward a bit. Higher knockback, about 7% damage.
Dash attack- throws a small charged hand. Has a longer range (80 pixels?)
u-tilt- sparks appear above PW’s head, damaging enemy.
d-tilt- small shock into the ground in front.

Works fine by me.
Quote:
F-Smash- charges hand with sparks, then launches forward.

Nice.
Quote:
d-smash- hits the ground and makes sparks fly out near

I like it, but maybe make it so the move leaves a Spark into the ground that stuns for 0.5/1 seconds to anyone who touches it. He can leave 3 sparks in the ground.
Quote:
U-smash- thunderbolt, goes upward instead of downwards.

Spark kirby's thunderbolt always goes upwards my friend :chibirobo:
Quote:
Aerials
N-air: hard- emits a small range shock shield like object, similar to Sonic’s n-spec soft- punches out both sides with hands.
F-air: hard- swipes forward of himself with hands soft- fires the short ranged Plasma spark, does good damage but lower knockback
B-air: soft- fires a close range large hit box wave sort of hit, not a k.o. move at all. Hard-swings around and does a hard hit
U-air: hard- swings hand upwards, in an arc, so it hits upwards but forward upwards too. Soft-twirls with hand outstretched and hits for large knock back but small hitbox.
D-air: hard- Fires a longer range bolt to the ground, Coo’s plasma power. Soft- quickly jabs a shock dagger below him.

kinda generic but ok.
Quote:
Specials & Final Smash
N-spec: releases however much charge that you have charged using the keys.
S-spec- basically his regular attack in SSU, charges a bit, then fires 3 low damage projectiles.

Better make the charging like Samus's Charge Shot, since Plasma/Spark is really overpowered since you only need to guard and mash the buttons.
S-Spec is okie dokie
Quote:
U-spec- shoots however much charge you have downwards, more charge, higher jump.

Sounds okay by me, but if he has no charge then he just uses his teleporting move from the enemy Plasma Wisps.
Quote:
D-spec- Plasma meteor, Kirby Air Ride. Shoots three small meteors to three sides, below (if in air) and to both sides.

Another projectile based attack sounds kinda repetitive. How about this:
Spark Attack: Basically Spark Kirby's main move. If using Soft Attack, the move will be a simple shine like Fox's except it doesn't reflect projectiles. If using Hard Attack he just uses the full move. Requires a cooldown of 3 seconds if you use the latter. At full charge he will use Super Electric Energy Field from Kirby 64 (albeit smaller and hitboxes aren't reliable). If used Soft Attack while fully charged he will just use the Shine while keeping the charge.

Quote:
Final Smash- Stun Finale- emits small shock lines than stun then charges and releases 8 big orbs that hit all that are stunned.

Kinda generic honestly. I think Cannon Blast (a kamehameha esque move) from Spark Robobot would be more fitting. Unlike Samus's FS the moves leaves multiple spark trails on the ground serving as traps.
Quote:
Gotta use that taunt button right? But for now let’s just make all helpers’ taunts their moves when they are summoned by Kirby.

:bomberman:
U-Taunt: Plasma Wisp's salute when summoned by Kirby.
S-Taunt: Brings out Kine's Light Bulb from Dream Land 2, if held it breaks. Can damage nearby opponents.
D-Taunt: Charges up and releases energy while yelling angery.
Quote:
Grabs:
Pummel: touches the grabbed fighter and then fighter gets shocked.
U-throw: puts the fighter on its head, shocks repeated times.
B-throw: Don’t know yet
D-throw: Don’t know yet
F-throw: Don’t know yet

Don't know yet.
Quote:
Air dodge: fades out and in (like from SS)

I like these kind of details.

Quote:
So Kirb-Star if you like this, I can do some more, but do you understand how hard it will be to do Bugzzy? :cry: just thinking about it. I will add the B, D, and F throws but I'd like some recommendations.

Remember you can merge characters' moves with other similar abilities. (e.g Plasma Wisp having some attacks from Spark). Do this by mixing Suplex with Beetle from Triple Deluxe. He's also a wrestler, so feel free to give him some wrestling moves.
I actually had a moveset written for him already but I wanna hear yours anyways. It's fun to compare :chibirobo:
Also, an important recommendation: in the OP of this thread I left an important gameplay mechaninc for this game: Soft and Hard attacks, basically what Ryu in SSB4 uses to have two S-Tilts/U-Tilts, etc.
Feel free to post whatever moveset you like, I'll make sure to review it (and please don't double post, there's an edit button at the top of your message)


Yeah, sorry it's so generic, I couldn't come up with anything at the time. I'll keep looking at videos to see what inspiration I can find.

Don't worry about it, if you're stuck with a move just paste a giant PLACEHOLDER next to the move.

_________________


Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 2614
Country: Albania (al)
Gender: Male
not to rain on your parade here but everyone and their dog has attempted to make a smash fangame to no avail. what makes this one different?

so far you have demonstrated zero knowledge and provided zero insight into the possible inner workings of the game. i understand that you are using a borrowed engine but smash is not a drag & drop platformer where you can just punch in sprites and damage values. it is still a fighting game, albeit a simplistic one. there are physics involved beyond hitboxes and basic trajectory, there is code required beyond copy-paste variables. there will be moments where you will run into a brick wall that is only surmountable by reworking parts of the engine to fit the needs of your own game. can you do that?

and what do you hope to achieve by making this game? it's nothing novel or interesting. smash in 2017 is the most boring concept in existence. you aren't gaining any actual skills by making it; you're just punching values into a premade engine and hoping others will lend their artistic talents through charity. you're doing very little work to attract potential team members. "roster design" and "moveset building" are at the very bottom of the totem pole next to coming up with a name and a fancy logo

everyone on this forum please get some real skills! real skills!

_________________
Image

snidbert64 wrote:
First off, you spelled "you're" wrong.


Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 6018
Location: Leafless Canada
Country: Peru (pe)
Gender: Male
Skype: Kirb-Star
Currently Playing: old pc games cause I can't afford buying games from steam :[]
Waifu: trent reznor
^Woah man, you okay? You sound stressed.
The game already come with a character/stage/item/whatever editor so even people with no knowledge in programming like me can make their own Smash game.
What makes this one different is that it's all Kirby, so we don't have to waste time into making veteran characters you can already play as in vanilla smash (Kirby, MK and DDD are the exception, but they're still getting revamped in some way to contrast against their Smash 4 Versions so they don't end up being simple traces/ports)
Plus the fact you can't blow up Dark Matter's face while playing as Poppy Bro in vanilla smash, pretty much 95% of the cast are newcomers.

Besides, if you don't find Smash appealing then why did you even bother going through this thread.

What do I achieve? Making a fun game, that's it. No real reason, just a hobby so I can do something in my free time. I wasn't even trying to attract people to help me, I was just pointing out if you guys want to help me you can contact me at ___ site.
At first I didn't want to make this thread, but there was a lot of discussion regarding this project in my art thread, so I might as well put somewhere we could discuss in this forum + announcing this game for real, even if there was nothing to show yet.

I'd understand receiving these overly negative comments if I had ever done any harm to you, but that's not the case, peace out.

_________________


Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:19 pm
Posts: 2018
Location: Around someplace
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
He's right, you know. Look in this very sub-forum; there's six other Smash games being advertised here, and only one of them is still being worked on because that one's Crusade. And there have been more games in the past, but we have a tendency to delete game threads if they're not going anywhere.

What we're interested in right now is if you have more than just fanart and a list of dreams. Something to prove this isn't just a thread that'll be deleted when it doesn't go anywhere.

_________________
Image
Dr.Geno wrote:
Sir Raptor wrote:
I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that


Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 6018
Location: Leafless Canada
Country: Peru (pe)
Gender: Male
Skype: Kirb-Star
Currently Playing: old pc games cause I can't afford buying games from steam :[]
Waifu: trent reznor
All I have for now are contacts with DemicStudios (who I am already helping with the engine), already plenty of spriting in the works, both in characters and stages.
The first phase of creating a game is planning, you know.
This is the third time I'm saying this: I didn't want to do this thread because I didn't have much to show about the game (and I can only sprite and make the artworks for now, since SSBL needs to release in order for me to begin programming work into the game) but I had to because my Art thread in the Art Section was being bloated by discussion regarding this game I had to make a thread somewhere so there's place we can discuss things.

I get it, I'm not the most popular of this forum, and it seems you guys really f*** hate the idea, so I might as well cancel this thing, a project I've started and struggled since 2014 on different kinds of media, if that makes you guys happy.
I might as well have stayed dead and never came back to this place when I had the chance.

_________________


Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:53 am
Posts: 649
Location: Either at home or at school
Country: Philippines (ph)
Gender: N/A
Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Aaand... Kirb-star's dead. I was just celebrating kirb's return yesterday... And now kirb is gone

Damn you guys, I wanted to support this game!

Also, f*bleep* crusade

_________________
Mains:
:megaman: ; :lloyd: ; Image

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image


Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 2614
Country: Albania (al)
Gender: Male
if you decide to quit because someone suggested it might be worth your while to develop a better understanding of a craft before you start undertaking ambitious projects, for your own sanity, then you have a lot more to work on than your game development skills

basically all i'm saying is that you will learn more & feel more accomplished from looking at the source code for pong than you will making another smash clone project that never gets out of the planning stages

i didn't pick up music composition with the intent of writing a twelve tone symphony and i don't pick up instruments to immediately attempt to improvise over giant steps and it wouldn't be an insult to the fibre of my being to suggest that i start low and work my way up

_________________
Image

snidbert64 wrote:
First off, you spelled "you're" wrong.


Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 6018
Location: Leafless Canada
Country: Peru (pe)
Gender: Male
Skype: Kirb-Star
Currently Playing: old pc games cause I can't afford buying games from steam :[]
Waifu: trent reznor
For the millionth time, I was just making this project for fun.
A hobby.
I was not expecting to accomplish anything with this.
I was just doing a project in my free time.

Is it that hard to understand.
And what do you care about me trying to do something better in my life, I can waste as much time and effort in a Smash clone if I want, you have nothing to do with that.

Here was a picture of the game in progress I had somewhere in my files and I found it:
Image
This will be the last thing you will be seeing of this project.
I hope you're proud of yourself.

_________________


Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile
Resident Canine
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:41 am
Posts: 9833
Country: Christmas Island (cx)
Gender: Female
Waifu: Trollbean
esper wrote:
if you decide to quit because someone suggested it might be worth your while to develop a better understanding of a craft before you start undertaking ambitious projects, for your own sanity, then you have a lot more to work on than your game development skills
kirb read this again when you're not mad

this is important

_________________


Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:00 am
Posts: 51
Location: In a small corner in a dark, dark circular room...
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: N/A
MGN Username: TheOriDigi
Skype: too cool 4 skype ;)
Currently Playing: alone, SSF2
Waifu: What's that?
esper wrote:
if you decide to quit because someone suggested it might be worth your while to develop a better understanding of a craft before you start undertaking ambitious projects, for your own sanity, then you have a lot more to work on than your game development skills

basically all i'm saying is that you will learn more & feel more accomplished from looking at the source code for pong than you will making another smash clone project that never gets out of the planning stages

i didn't pick up music composition with the intent of writing a twelve tone symphony and i don't pick up instruments to immediately attempt to improvise over giant steps and it wouldn't be an insult to the fibre of my being to suggest that i start low and work my way up


Ok esper, we hear your point, and there is some truth to it, and I agree a bit with it too. Kirb-Star, we should probably downsize the number of characters and the number of stages, or else this won't be a game that you'll get out this year.

_________________
Old meme:
Image

Mains: :naruto: :pikachu: :ichigo:

Secondarys: :sonic: :captainfalcon:

Join TSF or whatever on Discord: https://discord.gg/ndmqVgU


Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 6018
Location: Leafless Canada
Country: Peru (pe)
Gender: Male
Skype: Kirb-Star
Currently Playing: old pc games cause I can't afford buying games from steam :[]
Waifu: trent reznor
(The number of chars and stages is just the final one, the first beta will mot likely only include like, I dunno 3 chars and 4 stages)

_________________


Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 2614
Country: Albania (al)
Gender: Male
if it helps put things in perspective

kirby air ride for the gamecube had 3 playable characters

it was a pretty good game

_________________
Image

snidbert64 wrote:
First off, you spelled "you're" wrong.


Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm
Posts: 6018
Location: Leafless Canada
Country: Peru (pe)
Gender: Male
Skype: Kirb-Star
Currently Playing: old pc games cause I can't afford buying games from steam :[]
Waifu: trent reznor
(funny you mention that because I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of that game, though mostly because of the number of tracks not the chars :P)
The plan was always to have about 3 chars in the first version.
The OP just mentioned some of the upcoming characters and stages, kinda like SSF2 revealed a good part of the roster and stages in its early days.
I think I overreacted. The show must go on.
(Besides, like half of the chars use reused assets from KSSU, I think I can handle it)

_________________


Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.