View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 am



Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Pokemon: Dystopian Dimension (SIGN-UPS) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12532
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
Why do all the Pokemon have amazing bulk

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
To avoid OHKOs literally every time a one of Kris' or Roul's Pokemon attacks, since they are really overleveled. That would be no fun, especially for Willie, considering he's on par with the rest of the game.

NPC Pokemon will probably start getting OHKOed soon, and when the levels catch up I may use a damage calculator

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:03 am
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm
Posts: 1812
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: CSWooly
Skype: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Reply with quote
Trainer Name: Arceus
Trainer Appearance: Uhh...how Arceus looks?
Age: N/A
Gender: Male...currently
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Himself
- Judgement
- Roar of Time
- Spacial Rend
- Shadow Force

Note: Arceus will probably never battle in this particular RP except as maybe the final battle from one of the characters, hence the OPness. If a battle does come up, he's very likely to instead have a nice conversation with the Pokemon instead.

Personality: Arceus mostly acts mature, but also has an amazing sense of humour. He will often joke about the fact he is the Pokégod, and will generally sarcastically comment on this, he is slightly egotistical and somewhat childish from time to time.
Fun Fact: Arceus has full power over the world's code, and can modify it if he wants to. Despite his mature take on things he almost always uses this power to play practical jokes

I thought this would make the RP a bit more interesting, especially when there could be use for him as the final antagonist that will set the players free.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter here.
Youtube channel.

Image

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber


Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm
Posts: 366
Location: My house at a desk most likely
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Reply with quote
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Application Rules: show
- No legendaries
- No Phione
- I would prefer for characters to be ages 10-20
- Don't be overpowered/have overpowered Pokemon
- 1 character per person



No Legendaries is the #1 rule

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Wizzquizz wrote:
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Application Rules: show
- No legendaries
- No Phione
- I would prefer for characters to be ages 10-20
- Don't be overpowered/have overpowered Pokemon
- 1 character per person



No Legendaries is the #1 rule


Wizz is right, no legendaries. Though it's a nice idea I might use. No guarantee though

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm
Posts: 1812
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: CSWooly
Skype: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Reply with quote
:doh:

_________________
Follow me on Twitter here.
Youtube channel.

Image

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber


Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 pm
Posts: 49
Country: Philippines (ph)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: with your heart, girl *booing ensues*
Reply with quote
Trainer Name: "Lil'" Mack Ericsson
Trainer Appearance: 6", skinny, dude with shaggy hair, glorious bro beard, and a green Triforce T-shirt
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Heracross - Megahorn, Harden, Rock Smash
Personality: Aloof, Cowardly, Lucky (as in everytime he screws up, he miraculously finds a way out)
Fun Fact: Due to his luck, he'll probably survive the game even though he'll screw everytime, can 4th wall break


Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:11 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
LilGuardianLuigi wrote:
Trainer Name: "Lil'" Mack Ericsson
Trainer Appearance: 6", skinny, dude with shaggy hair, glorious bro beard, and a green Triforce T-shirt
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Heracross - Megahorn, Harden, Rock Smash
Personality: Aloof, Cowardly, Lucky (as in everytime he screws up, he miraculously finds a way out)
Fun Fact: Due to his luck, he'll probably survive the game even though he'll screw every time, can 4th wall break


Mostly Accepted! Just a note, Megahorn on a Heracross early on is REALLY overpowered. I'd recommend changing it to Fury Cutter or Pin Missile.

The RP has already started, so you'll be a little behind everyone else. The link to Part 1 is on the first page :bump:

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 am
Posts: 1900
Location: In a candy coated heart of darkness. (free hugs!)
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
Hey, I know it's your RP and all, but you shouldn't allow characters that can break the forth wall just because. There is a reason the fourth wall is there and it should be handled with care. Tapping on it is fine, but breaking it tends to have unintended consequences. Just a piece of advice.

_________________
When my eyes be rollin'
The haters get goin'
The seeds I'm sowin'
With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'


Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Deciton_Reven wrote:
Hey, I know it's your RP and all, but you shouldn't allow characters that can break the forth wall just because. There is a reason the fourth wall is there and it should be handled with care. Tapping on it is fine, but breaking it tends to have unintended consequences. Just a piece of advice.


I guess that is reasonable, but as someone who loves a good laugh and LOVES Kid Icarus, I wouldn't allow myself to do that. Limiting it would be fine, I guess. We'll see, but hopefully it won't be much of a problem since this is (technically) in the real world

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 am
Posts: 1900
Location: In a candy coated heart of darkness. (free hugs!)
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
The notable difference between the real word and "technically the "real world"" are subtle but pretty clear. This world doesn't have the Pokemon game your players are playing plus, players that ignore the fourth wall can use OoC knowledge as in character knowledge and can quickly get out of hand. For example, he'd always know the actions of everyone posting at all times, even if he shouldn't be able to, and not just for cracking jokes. Though how he'd use the power is debatable, you leave a floodgate of sorts for others to abuse. This is the last I'll say about it, so again use your own judgement, but how many people do you know in real life that can "break the fourth wall" as it were?

_________________
When my eyes be rollin'
The haters get goin'
The seeds I'm sowin'
With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'


Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Deciton_Reven wrote:
The notable difference between the real word and "technically the "real world"" are subtle but pretty clear. This world doesn't have the Pokemon game your players are playing plus, players that ignore the fourth wall can use OoC knowledge as in character knowledge and can quickly get out of hand. For example, he'd always know the actions of everyone posting at all times, even if he shouldn't be able to, and not just for cracking jokes. Though how he'd use the power is debatable, you leave a floodgate of sorts for others to abuse. This is the last I'll say about it, so again use your own judgement, but how many people do you know in real life that can "break the fourth wall" as it were?


... This is true, silly me :P
I say that I can use my better judgement,like you said and decide what isn't allowed on the spot

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12532
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
Deciton_Reven wrote:
The notable difference between the real word and "technically the "real world"" are subtle but pretty clear. This world doesn't have the Pokemon game your players are playing plus, players that ignore the fourth wall can use OoC knowledge as in character knowledge and can quickly get out of hand. For example, he'd always know the actions of everyone posting at all times, even if he shouldn't be able to, and not just for cracking jokes. Though how he'd use the power is debatable, you leave a floodgate of sorts for others to abuse. This is the last I'll say about it, so again use your own judgement, but how many people do you know in real life that can "break the fourth wall" as it were?

I can

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 pm
Posts: 49
Country: Philippines (ph)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: with your heart, girl *booing ensues*
Reply with quote
before i start i'd like to clear up some things about my character:

*He doesn't necessarily breaks the 4th wall, rather just makes witty comments about anything he seems odd. Don't worry you'll see wat i mean

*I'm changing Megahorn to Horn Attack and adding Pin Missile to his (her? its?) moveset. Tnx for the suggestion Yoshiblaze

*Since this RP seems to already have a couple of serious characters, i think i'm gonna be the guy who's mostly just there for comic relief. Of course i'll do my part in the story, but once Mack's there, hes usually just doing random shenanigans concerning the game.

I said my piece. cant wait to follow the story guys see you there


Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
LilGuardianLuigi wrote:
before i start i'd like to clear up some things about my character:

*He doesn't necessarily breaks the 4th wall, rather just makes witty comments about anything he seems odd. Don't worry you'll see wat i mean

*I'm changing Megahorn to Horn Attack and adding Pin Missile to his (her? its?) moveset. Tnx for the suggestion Yoshiblaze

*Since this RP seems to already have a couple of serious characters, i think i'm gonna be the guy who's mostly just there for comic relief. Of course i'll do my part in the story, but once Mack's there, hes usually just doing random shenanigans concerning the game.

I said my piece. cant wait to follow the story guys see you there


All sounds great!

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:15 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.