View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:57 am



Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Pokemon: Dystopian Dimension (SIGN-UPS) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Hello there, fellow RPers! Today, I am introducing to you a brand new RP! Called
POKEMON: DYSTOPIAN DIMENSION

Part 1: Click Me!

Story: show
(Story loosely based off of Sword Art Online)
It's the year 2033 in Japan and new game from Game Freak has just hit the market! Pokemon Dimensions, the new Virtual Reality MMO, is flying off shelves, along with it's "console", the New and Improved, Nintendo VR Handset: Revolution. You (the characters) buy one and start playing. It's great, the type of stuff you'd expect from Pokemon. But, over the Holocaster, comes a startling message. A game-breaking glitch makes it so that if you try to log off, you will be stuck in suspended animation. FOREVER. And taking off your headset just does the same thing. With no way to get out of the game, the only option left is to go through the game and forget all of your problems... and not go insane... or log off... or die, but you'll be just fine. Maybe we can just enjoy the game, and have a grand old time!


Settings: show
The region of Anano (based of the Japanese word for "Your home") is a region that has it all!
- Anano Plaza: The central area of Anano; where the game starts
- Throughout the region: 1 unnamed forest, many routes, a couple islands, a sea on both coasts, and the bottom of the map
- Seedly Town: A small town, with a famous stone shop; Home of the 1st gym
- Anemone City: A Urban city, known for its airport. Home of the 2nd Gym
- New Azalea: A small, garden town where many famous gardens are located; Has it's own Slowpoke Well
- Gladioli Island: An island just off the west coast of Anano; Home of the third gym

- And more! (I'll reveal them when we get that far)


Battle Characteristics: show
- Pokemon Anime Style
- All status aliments from the Pokemon games apply and work the same way. Same goes for moves that inflict the statuses.
- Levels do not apply, but be realistic (Ex. you can't have a Charizard at the very start)
- Abilities do apply
- Pokemon CAN evolve in battle
- Pokemon can have moves that they don't typically get early, but don't treat it as something overpowered (Ex. Ash's Fire-type Pokemon usual know Flamethrower as soon as he gets them)
- Battles shouldn't have constant switching.
- Items CANNOT be used in battle
- Held Items can be used in battle


General Rules: show
- All Generation 6 concepts apply
- Mega Evolution is allowed, but not at the beginning
- Since this is Pokemon, don't put in anything that's inappropriate (This includes cursing, but saying something like "So-and-so cursed under their breathe" is allowed)
- Don't be overpowered
- Don't overuse moves like Protect, Detect, or draining moves
- Don't overuse healing moves
- Sleep Clause: You may only inflict the sleep status to 1 opposing Pokemon at a time
- Don't catch Pokemon like crazy, unless it's what your character like to do


Application Rules: show
- No legendaries
- No Phione
- I would prefer for characters to be ages 10-20
- Don't be overpowered/have overpowered Pokemon
- 1 character per person

Follow the template below (and copy/paste it)-
Trainer Name:
Trainer Appearance:
Age:
Gender:
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)):
Personality:
Fun Fact:

Application Example (and the character I'm using)-
Trainer Name: Willie
Trainer Appearance: Short Brown hair, Gray and blue t-shirt, brown jean shorts, white shoes
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon with Moves (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Whismur- Stomp, Incinerate, Howl, Echoed Voice
Personality: Shy, but funny and energetic if you get to know him
Fun Fact: Actually enjoys being trapped inside the game, since he can't get used to the real world

Accepted Characters: show
DSwift - Dr. Kristoff "Kris" Tern-Ivanov
Kittenpuncher - Dyson
Kittenpuncher - Roul
Live Grenade - Oliver Reid
BlueFirebird - Ember
______THIS MARKS THE NUMBER NEEDED TO START. ALL OTHER SIGN-UPS WILL BE AFTER THE RP HAS STARTED____


This RP will start when I get about 3-4 other people

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.



Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:27 pm
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm
Posts: 1809
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: CSWooly
Skype: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Reply with quote
Trainer name: Dr. Kristoff "Kris" Tern-Ivanov
Appearance: Tall. Brown hair that resembles a bird's nest. Somewhat tamed by a black fedora and trenchcoat and wears a red scarf. Suit worn underneath, think something like this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _DP_PI.png
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Starter Pokémon: Porygon.
Moves: Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Psychic, Recover
Personality: Brusque, yet honest. Always tells the truth about what he's thinking, even if it causes offence. He possesses significant amount of programming skill (doctorate level) and, even if it's to no avail, he will try and break his way out of the game, leaving him angry when it fails. Despite this, he surprisingly enjoys the games, and generally warms to people over time.
Fun fact: Even when the situation doesn't warrant it, he feels the need to make puns. Very bad puns. Because of his doctorate in Computer Science, he often relates his puns to his subject.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter here.
Youtube channel.

Image

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber


Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
DSwift wrote:
Trainer name: Dr. Kristoff "Kris" Tern-Ivanov
Appearance: Tall. Brown hair that resembles a bird's nest. Somewhat tamed by a black fedora and trenchcoat and wears a red scarf. Suit worn underneath, think something like this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _DP_PI.png
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Starter Pokémon: Porygon.
Moves: Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Psychic, Recover
Personality: Brusque, yet honest. Always tells the truth about what he's thinking, even if it causes offence. He possesses significant amount of programming skill (doctorate level) and, even if it's to no avail, he will try and break his way out of the game, leaving him angry when it fails. Despite this, he surprisingly enjoys the games, and generally warms to people over time.
Fun fact: Even when the situation doesn't warrant it, he feels the need to make puns. Very bad puns. Because of his doctorate in Computer Science, he often relates his puns to his subject.

Awesome! You're in :D

Also, I can't wait to hear those puns XD

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12506
Location: Logical Battleground of drug addicts and sorcery.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
Can I make two characters? I can't decide between two different ideas!

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Kittenpuncher wrote:
Can I make two characters? I can't decide between two different ideas!


Sure, go for it, if you can't decide that badly... in fact, we may be able to start if you do (assuming I have everything I need to be qualified to start)

I originally had that you could have 2 characters, but took it out for some reason. Hopefully no one will be mad

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12506
Location: Logical Battleground of drug addicts and sorcery.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
Trainer Name: Dyson
Trainer Appearance: Wears a black jacket and jeans with a blue shirt underneath. Long chocolate brown hair and eyes.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Swablu which knows peck, sing, dragon pulse, and mud slap.
Personality: Definitely "One of the guys," Dyson gets along with just about anyone. Optimistic, yet cool-headed.
Fun Fact: Dyson caught a Swablu in the forest while going for a walk one day, and knowing its great potential, decided to try the Pokémon league challenge with it.


Trainer Name: Roulette (Or Roul for short)
Trainer Appearance: Black hair with a black jacket and blue jeans. Blue eyes, usually with dark eyeliner.
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Eevee equipped with powerful special attacking moves such as Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Psychic.
Personality: A wisecracker with an air of genuine wisdom about her. Knows much about Pokémon.
Fun Fact: Gained a huge fortune from professional Pokémon battling in other regions. She collected a great number of different Pokémon, and decided to prove her worth to the legendary beasts she has always dreamed of capturing by buying a huge nature preserve for her Pokémon and coming to this new region to start anew with a lone Eevee that she raised from an egg.

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Kittenpuncher wrote:
Trainer Name: Dyson
Trainer Appearance: Wears a black jacket and jeans with a blue shirt underneath. Long chocolate brown hair and eyes.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Swablu which knows peck, sing, dragon pulse, and mud slap.
Personality: Definitely "One of the guys," Dyson gets along with just about anyone. Optimistic, yet cool-headed.
Fun Fact: Dyson caught a Swablu in the forest while going for a walk one day, and knowing its great potential, decided to try the Pokémon league challenge with it.


Trainer Name: Roulette (Or Roul for short)
Trainer Appearance: Black hair with a black jacket and blue jeans. Blue eyes, usually with dark eyeliner.
Age: 14
Gender: Female
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Eevee equipped with powerful special attacking moves such as Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Psychic.
Personality: A wisecracker with an air of genuine wisdom about her. Knows much about Pokémon.
Fun Fact: Gained a huge fortune from professional Pokémon battling in other regions. She collected a great number of different Pokémon, and decided to prove her worth to the legendary beasts she has always dreamed of capturing by buying a huge nature preserve for her Pokémon and coming to this new region to start anew with a lone Eevee that she raised from an egg.


Awesome! But a few notes:

- For Roul's Eevee, if you want it to have string moves, make sure that it can actually learn them (Shadow Ball's good tho)
- Remember that this RP takes place inside a video game, so the fun facts about Dyson and Roul are a little iffy. Still good tho, I'm sure I could incorporate that somehow into a gaming atmosphere

For now, I'll only accept Dyson, because of Eevee's moveset, but just change it a little and we'll be fine. (Ex. Maybe Return, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, and Iron Tail?)

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12506
Location: Logical Battleground of drug addicts and sorcery.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
okay yeah. ill use that as the moveset

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Kittenpuncher wrote:
okay yeah. ill use that as the moveset

Sweet! Now we have two options-

- Since we have 4 main characters, and Veteran RPer, and interest, we CAN start now

OR

- Wait for at least 1 more person, since we only have 3 people

DSwift, Kittenpuncher, What do you say?

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12506
Location: Logical Battleground of drug addicts and sorcery.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
i'd say we start, but leave sign-ups open

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:14 pm
Posts: 888
Location: 3 o'clock
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Trainer Name: Oliver Reid
Appearance: His face is somewhat gaunt, with frosty blue eyes glaring from their deep sockets. Blonde hair, slicked back but flared slightly at the nape. Wears a custom fitted grey suit with somewhat-too-large shoulder pads and a black bow tie.
Age: 11
Gender: Male
Starter: Murkrow
Moves: Astonish, Fly, Feint Attack, Swagger
Personality: Your typical snobby rich kid. A bit of a brat and very disagreeable when things don’t go his way. Ruthless, he is not afraid to play dirty, but also has a staunch sense of pride and accepts defeat gracefully. He puts too much stock in his image and resultantly is prone to talking down to others. Occasionally, he extends past the boundaries of his vocabulary and uses words he doesn’t quite grasp the meaning of.
Fun Fact: Oliver carries a pocket watch at all times, a family heirloom. He literally doesn’t know how to read analog time, but makes a show of checking it once in a while anyway.


Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
Live Grenade wrote:
Trainer Name: Oliver Reid
Appearance: His face is somewhat gaunt, with frosty blue eyes glaring from their deep sockets. Blonde hair, slicked back but flared slightly at the nape. Wears a custom fitted grey suit with somewhat-too-large shoulder pads and a black bow tie.
Age: 11
Gender: Male
Starter: Murkrow
Moves: Astonish, Fly, Feint Attack, Swagger
Personality: Your typical snobby rich kid. A bit of a brat and very disagreeable when things don’t go his way. Ruthless, he is not afraid to play dirty, but also has a staunch sense of pride and accepts defeat gracefully. He puts too much stock in his image and resultantly is prone to talking down to others. Occasionally, he extends past the boundaries of his vocabulary and uses words he doesn’t quite grasp the meaning of.
Fun Fact: Oliver carries a pocket watch at all times, a family heirloom. He literally doesn’t know how to read analog time, but makes a show of checking it once in a while anyway.


Awesome. You're I-N in!

And that means we have 4 people! So, we can start!

Oh yeah, if you guys want to start tomorrow because of time, I'll be free at around 4 PM EST. Convert to your zone, if you guys want to start tomorrow

(Sign-ups will remain open)

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:26 pm
Posts: 1224
Location: Indianapolis , IN
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Reply with quote
Trainer Name: Ember
Trainer Appearance: Short Black hair, blue t-shirt, black leather jacket, khaki jeans, black shoes
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon with Moves: Eevee - Hidden Power, Scratch ,Tackle , and Quick Attack

Trainer Personality: He does whatever is necessary to get what he wants but not before think of a plan. He also has a large amount of determination and bravery as well as a love for competition.

Fun Fact: Actually enjoys eating, seeing natural scenery, and thrills. He also have a love for the concepts on Eeveelutions and plans to learn more about them.

_________________
Mains: :sonic: :bowser: :ichigo:
Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good.
Image Image


Last edited by MaskedShadow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
BlueFirebird wrote:
Trainer Name: Ember
Trainer Appearance: Short Black hair, blue t-shirt, black leather jacket, khaki jeans, black shoes
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Starter Pokemon with Moves: Eevee - Hidden Power, Scratch , Bite, and Quick Attack

Trainer Personality: He does whatever is necessary to get what he wants but not before think of a plan. He does however, have his moments of selflessness, helpfulness and heroism and can be friendly. He also has a large amount of determination and bravery but also loves challenges.

Fun Fact: Actually enjoys eating, seeing natural scenery, and thrills.


Sweet! I'll accept it, but here are a couple notes:
- Eevee can't learn Scratch (maybe replace it with Tackle)
- The personality was a little weird, but that may just be a few tiny grammar mistakes that through me off

Since Eevee can evolve into 8 different Pokémon, I wonder what will happen with 2 Eevees!

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:42 pm
Posts: 453
Location: "It's a Secret to Everyone"
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Reply with quote
I HAVE POSTED PART 1 TO THE RPG SECTION

CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :jigglypuff:
Secondaries: :gameandwatch: :pit: :yoshi:
Smash Ultimate Mains: :pikachu: :yoshi:
Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:


Click to expand thumbnail


Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)


Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.