View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Forum rules


DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41



Reply to topic  [ 601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: snidbert63
Skype: Don't have one lol
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Piranha Plant
Reply with quote
the leader of the bunch wrote:
how about they actually add some good singleplayer modes before bothering with any new characters. honestly, f*** this game if they don't even bring back break the targets, let alone adventure mode

This 100%. I'd absolutely love another Brawl-style adventure mode, though frankly I'd settle for a Melee-style adventure mode.

_________________
I don't post here much anymore, but I did like it here.


Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 am
Posts: 9256
Location: Australia
Country: Australia (au)
Gender: Female
Skype: THoT_MDR
Waifu: You!
Reply with quote
so in the trailer is that baby mario or what

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 2265
Location: The Mcleodgaming Forums.
Country: Bangladesh (bd)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: TF2, CS:GO, SSF2 Beta.
Waifu: I'm an ace (for now)
Reply with quote
THoT wrote:
so in the trailer is that baby mario or what

Oh, joy. I guess that means Pink Gold Baby Rosalina is confirmed.

_________________
The "portrait" in my avatar is because I've beaten I Wanna Be The Guy and so I am a The Guy. My save proves it.


Flash Card: show
Image

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.


Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 am
Profile
Resident Canine
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:41 am
Posts: 9861
Country: Christmas Island (cx)
Gender: Female
Waifu: Trollbean
Reply with quote
the leader of the bunch wrote:
honestly, f*** this game if they don't even bring back break the targets
f*** Yes SIGN THE PETITION

_________________


Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 pm
Posts: 1735
Location: the beach
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: tetris ds
Reply with quote
can this be the game that gives pikachu the pmd scarf, its been like 13 years since pmd red and itd fit with pika's alts being accessories

oh yeah declone pittoo god damn

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: snidbert63
Skype: Don't have one lol
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Piranha Plant
Reply with quote
Crow Nonya wrote:
oh yeah remove pittoo god damn

FTFY

_________________
I don't post here much anymore, but I did like it here.


Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
you know him well

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am
Posts: 22931
Reply with quote
Ha ha, you edited it to say something else! How smart! How original! Definitely a better post than making an actual argument


Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: snidbert63
Skype: Don't have one lol
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Piranha Plant
Reply with quote
There's literally no point in having Dark Pit in Smash. He's a clone, both literally and in Smash terminology. And Kid Icarus doesn't need two characters, let alone three.

_________________
I don't post here much anymore, but I did like it here.


Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
you know him well

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am
Posts: 22931
Reply with quote
snidbert64 wrote:
There's literally no point in having Dark Pit in Smash. He's a clone, both literally and in Smash terminology. And Kid Icarus doesn't need two characters, let alone three.

man there's so much wrong with this it's amazing

okay so first off complaining about clones is pointless for a few reasons. number one: your point is "don't make him less of a clone, just remove him". why are you complaining that he's a clone while arguing against someone saying he shouldn't be a clone lol

number two: clones take basically no resources to make. especially dark pit, who's basically just pit with different custom specials instead of a new character. there's literally no point in not having them in smash. i'm sure you'd love to pretend that all the time that went into making dark pit could have been used to put ridley in the game, but that's just not true.

number three: what kinda point is "he's literally a clone" lmao. guess you want Mewtwo removed as well then? did you like, actually play Uprising? he's a distinct character.

and then we get into by far the worst part. kid icarus doesn't "need" that many characters.

even if we completely ignore that sakurai was the one who rebooted kid icarus and is therefore obviously going to put characters from it in his other game, who are you to decide which series "need" characters in smash?

the only way this post could be worse is if you said "waste of a slot"


Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile
Resident Canine
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:41 am
Posts: 9861
Country: Christmas Island (cx)
Gender: Female
Waifu: Trollbean
Reply with quote
Gotta argue a bit, Dark Pit in his current state would be better off gone imo. He does nothing to make himself distinct from Pit. If he's gonna stay he should be tweaked in some substantial way, like Lucy

Would never want him as a full character though. If you were gonna put any resources into expanding Dark Pit, they should be put into Hades instead

_________________


Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 pm
Profile
you know him well

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am
Posts: 22931
Reply with quote
Term wrote:
Gotta argue a bit, Dark Pit in his current state would be better off gone imo. He does nothing to make himself distinct from Pit. If he's gonna stay he should be tweaked in some substantial way, like Lucy

I was responding to the "don't declone dark pit, just outright remove him" argument. if he stays in the game then i want him changed too, i was just sticking to how stupid that is
Term wrote:
Would never want him as a full character though. If you were gonna put any resources into expanding Dark Pit, they should be put into Hades instead

well the most likely option is making him like how Pit was in Brawl. not completely different but still not an entirely new character


Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 pm
Posts: 1735
Location: the beach
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: tetris ds
Reply with quote
or the other way around, so pit gets the old moveset and dark pit gets the uprising moveset, either ways good tho

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:28 pm
Profile
you know him well

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am
Posts: 22931
Reply with quote
well it makes more sense for the protagonist of the series to get the new stuff

speaking of which: f*** fludd. give mario cappy or riot


Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 2265
Location: The Mcleodgaming Forums.
Country: Bangladesh (bd)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: TF2, CS:GO, SSF2 Beta.
Waifu: I'm an ace (for now)
Reply with quote
They removed Snake for no reason and got rid of Wolf but brought back Lucas so anything goes really.

_________________
The "portrait" in my avatar is because I've beaten I Wanna Be The Guy and so I am a The Guy. My save proves it.


Flash Card: show
Image

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.


Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 am
Profile
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7240
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
Sonario wrote:
They removed Snake for no reason


You do realise that with guest characters comes extra contract and legal work right? There are also the facts that a)Kojima, who was the main reason Snake was even in Smash, had already made it public that he was gonna leave metal gear/konami at the time, b) there were no noteworthy nintendo exclusive titles from Konami for Nintendo at the time, let alone even any metal gear games coming to nintendo consoles (last one being a Snake Eater port to 3DS) c) Konami also progressively abondoning the Metal Gear franchise. With the exception of Cloud Strife all guest characters either have a hugely succesful Nintendo exclusive games or are well-attached to Nintendo at this point (Cloud Strife being more of the representation of Square Enix who also have a decent working relationship with Nintendo), Snake was instead put in because Kojima and Sakurai were friends.

Out of every character to ever not return to Smash Snake's removal makes the most sense. I mean it sucks but that's just how it goes with guest characters.

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.