View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Forum rules


DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41



Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
General Questions and Gaming 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Posts: 2104
Country: Antarctica (aq)
Gender: Female
Reply with quote
Early access? You could probably ask the Dota 2 players here for a free invite, pretty much everyone has a ton of them, I have four if you'd like one.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 2928
Location: in the apple seed
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Anime Girl
Skype: baron von jiggly
Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
Reply with quote
sure i would love one

_________________
Image

I AM APPLE

Image
Image


Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 am
Posts: 25
Location: The World That Never Was
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Reply with quote
What exactly is DOTA 2?

_________________
I main Goku!


Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Posts: 2104
Country: Antarctica (aq)
Gender: Female
Reply with quote
Jiggly Von Bounce wrote:
sure i would love one

Eh sure, tell me your steam id by PM or something, and I'll give you one.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:44 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: UNIST
Reply with quote
So what do game developers do that are basically just a "f*** YOU" to fans?

i have a small list here

1. Releasing a 'special' console with a game.. that's a sequel. Namco did this for Tales of Xillia 2 on the PS3. ..But Tales of Xillia was on the PS3. Wouldn't you get TOX first and PLAY IT?
2. Releasing like, 50% of your games only in Japan (still looking at you Namco)
3. Nintendo Events. Pokemon is awful with this. I only got lucky and have myself a copy of Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. But past that, why make so many Pokemon unavailable? I mean, I can live without 10 Pokemon, but it's still kind of annoying.

_________________


Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:54 am
Profile YIM
you know him well
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 am
Posts: 23037
Country: India (in)
Reply with quote
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Releasing a 'special' console with a game.. that's a sequel. Namco did this for Tales of Xillia 2 on the PS3. ..But Tales of Xillia was on the PS3. Wouldn't you get TOX first and PLAY IT?

Hey psst hey

You could uhh

I don't know

Buy the bundle AND the prequel game?

Just a thought


Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:35 pm
Posts: 2652
Country: Albania (al)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Kuro Kagami wrote:
2. Releasing like, 50% of your games only in Japan (still looking at you Namco)

I think this is because they know these games would flop overseas, so why waste on translation costs and whatnot if they aren't going to profit from it?

Quote:
3. Nintendo Events. Pokemon is awful with this. I only got lucky and have myself a copy of Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. But past that, why make so many Pokemon unavailable? I mean, I can live without 10 Pokemon, but it's still kind of annoying.

Publicity, usually these pokemon are the focus of the umpteenth movie and merchandise line. It's all about the sales.

_________________
snidbert64 wrote:
First off, you spelled "you're" wrong.


Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 2521
Gender: Male
Skype: Myke
Reply with quote
Logan wrote:
I think this is because they know these games would flop overseas, so why waste on translation costs and whatnot if they aren't going to profit from it?
Its because they dont advertise, thats why they flop. How's the game supposed to sell if nobody knows about it?

_________________
Image
Nintendo Network ID: Myke07
3DS Code: 5413-0416-6597


Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:44 pm
Posts: 6554
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: UNIST
Reply with quote
Logan wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
2. Releasing like, 50% of your games only in Japan (still looking at you Namco)

I think this is because they know these games would flop overseas, so why waste on translation costs and whatnot if they aren't going to profit from it?

Quote:
3. Nintendo Events. Pokemon is awful with this. I only got lucky and have myself a copy of Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. But past that, why make so many Pokemon unavailable? I mean, I can live without 10 Pokemon, but it's still kind of annoying.

Publicity, usually these pokemon are the focus of the umpteenth movie and merchandise line. It's all about the sales.

They're still kind of annoying, even with the two companies' reasons.

_________________


Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:41 pm
Posts: 2928
Location: in the apple seed
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Anime Girl
Skype: baron von jiggly
Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
Reply with quote
i guess this counts as a gaming question:

i have like 40 something dollars

enough for fire emblem

should i buy that (digitaly) or save for paint tool sai

EDIT: ignore i made my choice

_________________
Image

I AM APPLE

Image
Image


Last edited by Apple Wizard of Fuji on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 am
Posts: 25
Location: The World That Never Was
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Reply with quote
DLC can be really annoying. I'm fine with spending $20~ on an add on but only if I KNOW for a fact im going to get my money's worth. I don't want to shell out tons of extra cash just to find out a DLC added very little to the game or was rushed and the quality overall suffered. (Looking at you, Skyrim: Dragonborn) That annoys me.

_________________
I main Goku!


Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 1528
Location: the 6th dimension
Country: Greenland (gl)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: 3ds
Reply with quote
Which 3DS game should I get
I think i'll get Fire Emblem: Awakening and maybe another game

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 am
Profile
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7240
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
Awesome~Troll wrote:
Which 3DS game should I get
I think i'll get Fire Emblem: Awakening and maybe another game


Depends on what you're into/what you already have. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and Kid Icarus: Uprising are solid all-around choices I guess.

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 1528
Location: the 6th dimension
Country: Greenland (gl)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: 3ds
Reply with quote
Steven wrote:
Awesome~Troll wrote:
Which 3DS game should I get
I think i'll get Fire Emblem: Awakening and maybe another game


Depends on what you're into/what you already have. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and Kid Icarus: Uprising are solid all-around choices I guess.

I have KI:U and its pretty nice
I wanted to get Kingdom of hearts a couple of months ago but I changed my mind at the last minute and bought Scribblenauts Unlimited instead.
HORRIBLE CHOICE I KNOW

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 am
Posts: 9256
Location: Australia
Country: Australia (au)
Gender: Female
Skype: THoT_MDR
Waifu: You!
Reply with quote
agonhath wrote:
DLC can be really annoying. I'm fine with spending $20~ on an add on but only if I KNOW for a fact im going to get my money's worth. I don't want to shell out tons of extra cash just to find out a DLC added very little to the game or was rushed and the quality overall suffered. (Looking at you, Skyrim: Dragonborn) That annoys me.

I miss the day when almost all DLC released were called 'Expansion Packs' and actually gave you a larger amount of content and not just a costume for $5

FFXIII-2, do better

(Hyperdimension Neptunia has almost $100 worth of microtransactions)

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TOWK and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.