View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
One Piece 
Author Message
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
[NU] wrote:
I stopped reading during Punk Hazzard, should probably get on that.


I would definetly suggest picking up One Piece again.

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Chicago / NY
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Reply with quote
Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
I stopped reading during Punk Hazzard, should probably get on that.


I would definetly suggest picking up One Piece again.


I heard about that tournament, I want to skip to that kind of.

I'm not going to, just that arc sounds awesome.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Image

Image

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success


Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
The tournament kind of kills the phase pretty badly imo, but my guess is that it will actually have some form of impact on later chapters considering that the prize is the Mera Mera no Mi, and one of Blackbeard's men has entered the tournament. I also dislike the usage of stock characters but that is just me.

I'm looking forward to the eventual confrontation with Doflamingo moreso then anything, especially because what kind of power he has, has been left in limbo for so long.

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:57 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 am
Posts: 9255
Location: Australia
Country: Australia (au)
Gender: Female
Skype: THoT_MDR
Waifu: You!
Reply with quote
stock characters have been a one piece staple from the beginning

but yeah i'm sick of luffy being like one punch man

luffy vs doffy will probably be one of the BEST FIGHTS since he's the third last shichibukai left (mihawk and that other guy, unless you include buggy)

_________________
Image


Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:55 am
Profile WWW
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
THoT wrote:
stock characters have been a one piece staple from the beginning

but yeah i'm sick of luffy being like one punch man

luffy vs doffy will probably be one of the BEST FIGHTS since he's the third last shichibukai left (mihawk and that other guy, unless you include buggy)


I really think Mihawk doesn't give a s*** about Luffy, he just wants to carve up Zoro pretty badly.

But come to think of it; who knows what Mihawk is doing rn. He's pretty much in limbo, considering that we haven't heard anything from him ever since Zoro got back from training with him. I really doubt that Zoro was strong enough to kill him back then, but I'm wondering if he ended up damaged.

Most other shichibukai have pretty mcuh betrayed the governement already by now, I think that by now the only ones left are c*** (who also betrayed the governement but got away with it), Kuma(s), Buggy, Doflamingo and Mihawk (considering Moria has been kicked out).

Also yeah, Luffy becoming One Punch Man is exactly what I was thinking as well. I think Dof will provide a serious challenge though. Someone should make a 'One Piece Man' parody though..

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 am
Posts: 9255
Location: Australia
Country: Australia (au)
Gender: Female
Skype: THoT_MDR
Waifu: You!
Reply with quote
well rebecca confirmed for new crew member
she has her own backstory, luffy likes her and someone in her past died

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 am
Profile WWW
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
Actually I'm guessing that her (grand)father is still very much alive, in the form of the toy 'Thunder Soldier'. Whenever people are turned into toys people forget about them, and a few chapters back, Rebecca and Luffy had a special interest in a statue of 'Kyros'. 'Kyros' apparently fought in the colloseum 20 years ago but nobody knows if he actually excisted. I personally believe he very much excisted, and that he's alive in the present day as Soldier (meaning that people have forgotten him about Kyros, with only the statue remaining as a testament of his past live). I'm guessing Kyros may be part of Rebecca's family, maybe her father (considering her father was absent in the flashback, and Soldier portrays 'classical fatherly behavior').

Also the guy who wrecked Rebecca's former home (shown pitch black in one panel. with the weird forehead) reminded me of someone but I can't put my finger on who. Brownbeard?

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Chicago / NY
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Reply with quote
Wow no one yet? Alright i'll say it.

Sabo's alive!

not that we all didn't know that already.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Image

Image

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success


Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 468
Location: in your bedroom
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: Basket Ball!! (sing it with me!)
Reply with quote
I'm glad He is, That whole flashback had me Crying. F@%#$ Noble basturds. I was hoping Rebecca would've gotten The Mera mera but now I'm pretty much certain that it'll be Him. darn holidays interupting in the most intense moments.

_________________
And wow, didn't see this before:
Faceless Void wrote:
second prize is eternal sadness.


Re: McLeodGaming 2013 Banner Contest

Clubby Bear wrote:
the devs say it's not a joke
so it's clearly part of the joke


Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:38 am
Profile
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
While I personally think that this arc isn't up to Water-7/Marineford level yet, this may very well be one of my favourite arcs in the series thus far. I feel like it fixes a lot of the problems that I've been having with Punk Hazard and some of the other recent arcs.

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Chicago / NY
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Reply with quote
Steven wrote:
While I personally think that this arc isn't up to Water-7/Marineford level yet, this may very well be one of my favourite arcs in the series thus far. I feel like it fixes a lot of the problems that I've been having with Punk Hazard and some of the other recent arcs.


Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Punk Hazard? I just finished it and I enjoyed it for the most part.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Image

Image

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success


Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
[NU] wrote:
Steven wrote:
While I personally think that this arc isn't up to Water-7/Marineford level yet, this may very well be one of my favourite arcs in the series thus far. I feel like it fixes a lot of the problems that I've been having with Punk Hazard and some of the other recent arcs.


Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Punk Hazard? I just finished it and I enjoyed it for the most part.


Everything felt way too easy, overall I felt there was no tension arc or anything. It felt more like a 'linking' arc rather then a story on itself. I also felt that Ceaser's powers weren't really used to their maximum potentional.

Punk Hazard was not bad by any means, but it's not my favourite.

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Chicago / NY
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Reply with quote
Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
Steven wrote:
While I personally think that this arc isn't up to Water-7/Marineford level yet, this may very well be one of my favourite arcs in the series thus far. I feel like it fixes a lot of the problems that I've been having with Punk Hazard and some of the other recent arcs.


Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Punk Hazard? I just finished it and I enjoyed it for the most part.


Everything felt way too easy, overall I felt there was no tension arc or anything. It felt more like a 'linking' arc rather then a story on itself. I also felt that Ceaser's powers weren't really used to their maximum potentional.

Punk Hazard was not bad by any means, but it's not my favourite.


I can understand that. Personally I really enjoyed it. I watched it in the anime also, i didn't read it. While there wasn't a big sense of danger, when Monet was going to press the button to blow up Punk Hazard, that was extremely nerve wrecking. In the anime any way. I don't know if they did this in the manga, but in the anime, it shows Monet pushing the button and it shows the island blowing up, and the episode ends with a "to be continued". I was like "what....how....how are they possibly going to get out of this....". Of course the next episode showed she hadn't really pushed it, and the explanation was the coolest thing ever!

The heart swap situation was awesome and really clever. It really reminded me of one of Shikamaru's strategies. And not to mention when we thought it was Smoker's heart, that was nerve wrecking too. I had no reason to believe it was Monet's heart, and I really like Smoker so I didn't want him to die.

Overall I just really enjoyed the arc haha.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Image

Image

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success


Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SSF2 Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Posts: 7237
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Gender: Male
Waifu: ElvisDitto
Reply with quote
[NU] wrote:
I can understand that. Personally I really enjoyed it. I watched it in the anime also, i didn't read it. While there wasn't a big sense of danger, when Monet was going to press the button to blow up Punk Hazard, that was extremely nerve wrecking. In the anime any way. I don't know if they did this in the manga, but in the anime, it shows Monet pushing the button and it shows the island blowing up, and the episode ends with a "to be continued". I was like "what....how....how are they possibly going to get out of this....". Of course the next episode showed she hadn't really pushed it, and the explanation was the coolest thing ever!

The heart swap situation was awesome and really clever. It really reminded me of one of Shikamaru's strategies. And not to mention when we thought it was Smoker's heart, that was nerve wrecking too. I had no reason to believe it was Monet's heart, and I really like Smoker so I didn't want him to die.

Overall I just really enjoyed the arc haha.


I'm really glad you enjoyed the arc, but 'cliffhangers like that' with a pressheretodestruct button are really boring to me. Also, regarding the heart swap gimmick, I personally felt that it was really dumb. It only hundered the story, and only appeared to be done for some dumb fanservice. If the straw hats actually had to fight using eachother's powers then that could have made it better but alas (this is not refering to the actual plot point heart swaps like with Vergo and Law, that was kinda cool).

_________________
ImageImageImage

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)


Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Chicago / NY
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Reply with quote
Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
I can understand that. Personally I really enjoyed it. I watched it in the anime also, i didn't read it. While there wasn't a big sense of danger, when Monet was going to press the button to blow up Punk Hazard, that was extremely nerve wrecking. In the anime any way. I don't know if they did this in the manga, but in the anime, it shows Monet pushing the button and it shows the island blowing up, and the episode ends with a "to be continued". I was like "what....how....how are they possibly going to get out of this....". Of course the next episode showed she hadn't really pushed it, and the explanation was the coolest thing ever!

The heart swap situation was awesome and really clever. It really reminded me of one of Shikamaru's strategies. And not to mention when we thought it was Smoker's heart, that was nerve wrecking too. I had no reason to believe it was Monet's heart, and I really like Smoker so I didn't want him to die.

Overall I just really enjoyed the arc haha.


I'm really glad you enjoyed the arc, but 'cliffhangers like that' with a pressheretodestruct button are really boring to me. Also, regarding the heart swap gimmick, I personally felt that it was really dumb. It only hundered the story, and only appeared to be done for some dumb fanservice. If the straw hats actually had to fight using eachother's powers then that could have made it better but alas (this is not refering to the actual plot point heart swaps like with Vergo and Law, that was kinda cool).


In what way was it for fanservice? The reason I enjoyed it is because I like when a series has me confused and wondering how they are possibly going to get out of the situation they are in, and then getting out of it in a really clever way that completely makes sense.

_________________
ImageImageImage

Image

Image

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success


Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.