View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:59 pm



Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sora 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Wherever the hell I wanna be.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Reply with quote
After waiting a while and giving a tad bit of a thought on how I'd personally rework Sora, and after playing Kingdom Hearts II FM on the HD Remix game, I've finally come up with the ideas of what his moveset would be if he did get a rework (along with a sprite rework that he desperately needs to fit in this game). Some of my ideas from earlier on will be retained, but I've also come up with new ideas and even removed old ideas, so yes, Flowmotion is still Sora's Side Special.

Without further ado, here's what my new Sora rework would be like!

New Sora Rework 2018: show
Passive:
Dodge Roll:
    Sora gains a new passive, Dodge Roll. This grants him immediate invincibility on the ground if the player taps left or right on the ground twice within 8 frames.

Standard Attacks:

Jab Attack:
    Animation is based on his base attacks from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Damage per jab is 3%, knockback on final hit is retained from Beta.
  • The second jab can be linked into any tilt or Smash attack if a directional or Smash input is pressed instead of the third hit.

Forward Tilt:
    Animation is now Finishing Leap from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Angle changed to 80 degrees.
  • Damage increased to 12%.

Up Tilt:
    Animation is based on Slapshot from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • As with the game of origin, Slapshot prevents Sora from clanking with opponents, making it always hit an opponent.
  • Attack covers Sora's front and above his head.

Dash Attack:
    Animation is changed to Zantetsuken, from Sora's Limit Form in Kingdom Hearts II FM.
  • Sora's mobility during the attack is faster.

Forward Smash:
    Animation changed to be Guard Break from Kingdom Hearts II.

Up Smash:
    Attack links more properly.
  • Multi-hit attacks deal 2% less damage.
  • Final Hit deals 12% damage and has slightly higher knockback growth.

Down Smash:
    Animation changed to Vicinity Break from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
  • Attack is now a single hit move that deals 16% damage. Knockback is adjusted accordingly.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial:
    Animation changed to Aerial Spiral. Acts like a combo move.
  • First three hits deal 2% damage, while final hit deals 6% damage.
  • Knockback adjusted accordingly to make it combo into another attack.

Forward Aerial:
    Animation changed to his original aerial finisher in Kingdom Hearts II.

Back Aerial:
    Animation changed to the final hit of Aerial Finish from Kingdom Hearts 2.

Up Aerial and Down Aerial remain unchanged.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Strike Raid
    Strike Raid now deals two hits to opponents instead of being a multi-hit, and returns to Sora instead of disappearing.
  • First hit deals 6% damage and sends opponents to the second hit.
  • Second hit deals 8% damage and sends opponents toward Sora.
  • FAF adjusted accordingly to allow Sora to combo opponents.

Up Special: Aerial Sweep / Aerial Recovery
    Move now changed to Aerial Sweep, which deals 3 total hits of 4% damage.
  • Move can now cancel into other attacks faster.
  • In the event Sora gets knocked away, within 10 frames of his hitstun ending, he can alternatively use Aerial Recovery. Aerial Sweep would still be available to use.

Down Special: Magic
    Order Redone and Magic Added: Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Magnet and Reflect
  • Fire remains unchanged to how it currently works.
  • Blizzard is now a singular projectile that covers the range of 5/8 of Battlefield, automatically freezing opponents based on damage.
  • Thunder now functions like it does in KH2, being a vertical-hitting move. The move will also auto-target the nearest opponent from half of Battlefield's distance.
  • Magnet pulls opponents in for 1.5 seconds and allows Sora to combo them while dealing 3 hits of 2.5% damage.
    • Magnet's range is only the range of one soft platform on Battlefield.
  • Reflect reflects projectiles and acts as a counter move, dealing 8 hits of 1% damage and reflecting projectiles for 1.45x damage.
    • Reflect's counter window is frames 3-18, with an invulnerability window of 1-18.
    • Sora can only act out of Reflect if an opponent hits it, not if a projectile hits it.
    • Reflect's endlag is 22 frames after active window, leaving Sora very vulnerable during it.


Now this would indeed make Sora an even more combo-heavy monster than he already is, so something like Jab 1 > Jab 2 > Up Tilt > Up B > Neutral Aerial > F-Air wouldn't be out of the question. There'd probably be even more complex combos, too. But I think these would also make Sora feel and play a lot better (casually and competitively), would make him fit in line with his series of origin compared to what we have now, and give him much-needed buffs.

Anyway, this is just my thoughts.

_________________
MGN Username: Vega
Mains: :link: :lloyd: :sora:
Secondaries: :goku: :megaman: :ichigo:


Last edited by Mysteric on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 1945
Location: The Mcleodgaming Forums.
Country: Bangladesh (bd)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: TF2, CS:GO, SSF2 Beta.
Reply with quote
Mysteric wrote:
After waiting a while and giving a tad bit of a thought on how I'd personally rework Sora, and after playing Kingdom Hearts II FM on the HD Remix game, I've finally come up with the ideas of what his moveset would be if he did get a rework (along with a sprite rework that he desperately needs to fit in this game). Some of my ideas from earlier on will be retained, but I've also come up with new ideas and even removed old ideas, so yes, Flowmotion is still Sora's Side Special.

Without further ado, here's what my new Sora rework would be like!

New Sora Rework 2018: show
Passive:
Dodge Roll:
    Sora gains a new passive, Dodge Roll. This grants him immediate invincibility on the ground if the player taps left or right on the ground twice within 8 frames.

Standard Attacks:

Jab Attack:
    Animation is based on his base attacks from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Damage per jab is 3%, knockback on final hit is retained from Beta.
  • The second jab can be linked into any tilt or Smash attack if a directional or Smash input is pressed instead of the third hit.

Forward Tilt:
    Animation is now Finishing Leap from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Angle changed to 80 degrees.
  • Damage increased to 12%.

Up Tilt:
    Animation is based on Slapshot from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • As with the game of origin, Slapshot prevents Sora from clanking with opponents, making it always hit an opponent.
  • Attack covers Sora's front and above his head.

Dash Attack:
    Animation is changed to Zantetsuken, from Sora's Limit Form in Kingdom Hearts II FM.
  • Sora's mobility during the attack is faster.

Forward Smash:
    Animation changed to be Guard Break from Kingdom Hearts II.

Up Smash:
    Attack links more properly.
  • Multi-hit attacks deal 2% less damage.
  • Final Hit deals 12% damage and has slightly higher knockback growth.

Down Smash:
    Animation changed to Vicinity Break from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
  • Attack is now a single hit move that deals 16% damage. Knockback is adjusted accordingly.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial:
    Animation changed to Aerial Spiral. Acts like a combo move.
  • First three hits deal 2% damage, while final hit deals 6% damage.
  • Knockback adjusted accordingly to make it combo into another attack.

Forward Aerial:
    Animation changed to his original aerial finisher in Kingdom Hearts II.

Back Aerial:
    Animation changed to the final hit of Aerial Finish from Kingdom Hearts 2.

Up Aerial and Down Aerial remain unchanged.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Strike Raid
    Strike Raid now deals two hits to opponents instead of being a multi-hit, and returns to Sora instead of disappearing.
  • First hit deals 6% damage and sends opponents to the second hit.
  • Second hit deals 8% damage and sends opponents toward Sora.
  • FAF adjusted accordingly to allow Sora to combo opponents.

Up Special: Aerial Sweep / Aerial Recovery
    Move now changed to Aerial Sweep, which deals 3 total hits of 4% damage.
  • Move can now cancel into other attacks faster.
  • If within 10 frames of your hitstun ending, you can perform Aerial Recovery, which allows Sora to recover and even keeps his Aerial Sweep. This grants Sora invulnerability at the cost of some vertical distance.

Down Special: Magic
    Order Redone and Magic Added: Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Magnet and Reflect
  • Fire remains unchanged to how it currently works.
  • Blizzard is now a singular projectile that covers the range of 3/4 of Battlefield, automatically freezing opponents based on damage.
  • Thunder now functions like it does in KH2, being a vertical-hitting move. The move will also auto-target the nearest opponent from half of Battlefield's distance.
  • Magnet pulls opponents in for 1.5 seconds and allows Sora to combo them while dealing 3 hits of 2.5% damage. However, it has only the range of a soft platform on BF.
  • Reflect reflects projectiles and acts as a counter move, dealing 8 hits of 1% damage and reflecting projectiles for 1.45x damage.


Now this would indeed make Sora an even more combo-heavy monster than he already is, so something like Jab 1 > Jab 2 > Up Tilt > Up B > Neutral Aerial > F-Air wouldn't be out of the question. There'd probably be even more complex combos, too. But I think these would also make Sora feel and play a lot better (casually and competitively), would make him fit in line with his series of origin compared to what we have now, and give him much-needed buffs.

Anyway, this is just my thoughts.

All of this is great, specially the new Strike Raid, but I have a few gripes:

  • The Dodge roll just seems like a better regular roll done with double tappiing. Seems redundant to me.

  • Finishing Leap being a strong strike that sends opponents upwards seems more like a smash attack. I'd suggest switching around Fsmash and Ftilt while making Finishing Leap an actual finisher at high percentages and nerfing Guard Break's kill power.

  • Reflect is basically a space animal reflect with multihits you can't use all the time. Feels unnecessary.

  • Aerial Recovery after Aerial Sweep seems a little too much to me.

_________________
Image

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.


Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Wherever the hell I wanna be.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Reply with quote
Sonario wrote:
Mysteric wrote:
After waiting a while and giving a tad bit of a thought on how I'd personally rework Sora, and after playing Kingdom Hearts II FM on the HD Remix game, I've finally come up with the ideas of what his moveset would be if he did get a rework (along with a sprite rework that he desperately needs to fit in this game). Some of my ideas from earlier on will be retained, but I've also come up with new ideas and even removed old ideas, so yes, Flowmotion is still Sora's Side Special.

Without further ado, here's what my new Sora rework would be like!

New Sora Rework 2018: show
Passive:
Dodge Roll:
    Sora gains a new passive, Dodge Roll. This grants him immediate invincibility on the ground if the player taps left or right on the ground twice within 8 frames.

Standard Attacks:

Jab Attack:
    Animation is based on his base attacks from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Damage per jab is 3%, knockback on final hit is retained from Beta.
  • The second jab can be linked into any tilt or Smash attack if a directional or Smash input is pressed instead of the third hit.

Forward Tilt:
    Animation is now Finishing Leap from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Angle changed to 80 degrees.
  • Damage increased to 12%.

Up Tilt:
    Animation is based on Slapshot from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • As with the game of origin, Slapshot prevents Sora from clanking with opponents, making it always hit an opponent.
  • Attack covers Sora's front and above his head.

Dash Attack:
    Animation is changed to Zantetsuken, from Sora's Limit Form in Kingdom Hearts II FM.
  • Sora's mobility during the attack is faster.

Forward Smash:
    Animation changed to be Guard Break from Kingdom Hearts II.

Up Smash:
    Attack links more properly.
  • Multi-hit attacks deal 2% less damage.
  • Final Hit deals 12% damage and has slightly higher knockback growth.

Down Smash:
    Animation changed to Vicinity Break from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
  • Attack is now a single hit move that deals 16% damage. Knockback is adjusted accordingly.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial:
    Animation changed to Aerial Spiral. Acts like a combo move.
  • First three hits deal 2% damage, while final hit deals 6% damage.
  • Knockback adjusted accordingly to make it combo into another attack.

Forward Aerial:
    Animation changed to his original aerial finisher in Kingdom Hearts II.

Back Aerial:
    Animation changed to the final hit of Aerial Finish from Kingdom Hearts 2.

Up Aerial and Down Aerial remain unchanged.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Strike Raid
    Strike Raid now deals two hits to opponents instead of being a multi-hit, and returns to Sora instead of disappearing.
  • First hit deals 6% damage and sends opponents to the second hit.
  • Second hit deals 8% damage and sends opponents toward Sora.
  • FAF adjusted accordingly to allow Sora to combo opponents.

Up Special: Aerial Sweep / Aerial Recovery
    Move now changed to Aerial Sweep, which deals 3 total hits of 4% damage.
  • Move can now cancel into other attacks faster.
  • If within 10 frames of your hitstun ending, you can perform Aerial Recovery, which allows Sora to recover and even keeps his Aerial Sweep. This grants Sora invulnerability at the cost of some vertical distance.

Down Special: Magic
    Order Redone and Magic Added: Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Magnet and Reflect
  • Fire remains unchanged to how it currently works.
  • Blizzard is now a singular projectile that covers the range of 3/4 of Battlefield, automatically freezing opponents based on damage.
  • Thunder now functions like it does in KH2, being a vertical-hitting move. The move will also auto-target the nearest opponent from half of Battlefield's distance.
  • Magnet pulls opponents in for 1.5 seconds and allows Sora to combo them while dealing 3 hits of 2.5% damage. However, it has only the range of a soft platform on BF.
  • Reflect reflects projectiles and acts as a counter move, dealing 8 hits of 1% damage and reflecting projectiles for 1.45x damage.


Now this would indeed make Sora an even more combo-heavy monster than he already is, so something like Jab 1 > Jab 2 > Up Tilt > Up B > Neutral Aerial > F-Air wouldn't be out of the question. There'd probably be even more complex combos, too. But I think these would also make Sora feel and play a lot better (casually and competitively), would make him fit in line with his series of origin compared to what we have now, and give him much-needed buffs.

Anyway, this is just my thoughts.

All of this is great, specially the new Strike Raid, but I have a few gripes:

  • The Dodge roll just seems like a better regular roll done with double tappiing. Seems redundant to me.

  • Finishing Leap being a strong strike that sends opponents upwards seems more like a smash attack. I'd suggest switching around Fsmash and Ftilt while making Finishing Leap an actual finisher at high percentages and nerfing Guard Break's kill power.

  • Reflect is basically a space animal reflect with multihits you can't use all the time. Feels unnecessary.

  • Aerial Recovery after Aerial Sweep seems a little too much to me.


I understand your gripes, and I would like to explain a few things for these things, in hopes to at least convince you of them staying as ideas.

1. Dodge Roll can be more of a burst mobility option for Sora than anything [something he lacks], and it doesn't have nearly as much invincibility frames as something like his regular roll. And keep in mind, Sora's not in shield, so that means before Sora is able to act, he'll be vulnerable. It pretty much acts like it does in the games.

2. I wasn't originally going to consider Finishing Leap as Sora's Forward Tilt, but there was no other option (nope, not Dodge Slash) for me to think of, so it just happened to be that way. Also, if there were a switch like that, then that'd go against what I've established (making the moves as close as possible to the base game) for the proposal. Finishing Leap just so happens to be a combo extender and Guard Break happens to be a combo ender.

3. Reflect isn't meant to just be a reflector move, it's also meant to be a counterattack. The move's active frame window is between 3-18, and allows Sora invulnerability during 1-18, and covers Sora's body. However, like it's meant to be in the KH games, it cannot counter or do anything unless it's struck, so Reflect is meant to be a surprise attack [and also a combo starter].

4. Actually, this is just a little misinformation here. Aerial Recovery would only happen if the player presses Sora's Up B within 10 frames of his hitstun ending (give or take buffering), whereas Aerial Sweep is just Sora's normal Up B. In essence, it's the opposite: it's actually Aerial Recovery > Aerial Sweep if Sora recovers from hitstun, not Aerial Sweep > Aerial Recovery.

_________________
MGN Username: Vega
Mains: :link: :lloyd: :sora:
Secondaries: :goku: :megaman: :ichigo:


Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 am
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 pm
Posts: 1989
Country: Germany (de)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Prof. Layton series, Ace Attorney series
Reply with quote
You do realize that SSF2 runs at 30fps instead of 60, right? An 8 frame window for a short amount of vulnerability out of anything is way too lenient as well as having 10 frames (read: one third of a second) to completely cancel hitstun and act out of it while being granted invincibility for getting hit in the first place (that sounds stupid in general - it may work well in Kingdom Hearts, but that does not mean it translates well to Smash), and a move that grants instant invulnerability for almost 2/3 of a second sounds ridiculously busted (for reference, Melee Shines, arguably the best moves in Smash, give invulnerability on Frame 1 only), even if you have to cycle through four other spells per use.

_________________
Join Team Star Flash!
Image


Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail


Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Wherever the hell I wanna be.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Reply with quote
The Dark Chibi Knight wrote:
You do realize that SSF2 runs at 30fps instead of 60, right? An 8 frame window for a short amount of vulnerability out of anything is way too lenient as well as having 10 frames (read: one third of a second) to completely cancel hitstun and act out of it while being granted invincibility for getting hit in the first place (that sounds stupid in general - it may work well in Kingdom Hearts, but that does not mean it translates well to Smash), and a move that grants instant invulnerability for almost 2/3 of a second sounds ridiculously busted (for reference, Melee Shines, arguably the best moves in Smash, give invulnerability on Frame 1 only), even if you have to cycle through four other spells per use.


I know that SSF2 runs at 30 FPS, that's why I scaled back the counter window to reflect SSF2's framerate. A move with a counter window of 3-18 and 1-18 of invulnerability seems powerful enough, I understand that. If I didn't forget to mention endlag, I would've told you that the endlag of the move would be a massive 22 frames if it whiffs.

Again, I don't want to change how a move reflects (heh) the game it's coming from. Reflect would act almost exactly like it does in Kingdom Hearts II, like everything I've proposed up to this point.

_________________
MGN Username: Vega
Mains: :link: :lloyd: :sora:
Secondaries: :goku: :megaman: :ichigo:


Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:24 pm
Posts: 76
Location: no where
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Gender: Anime Girl
MGN Username: goshdangdoodles
Currently Playing: Overwatch, SSB4, Burning Blood
Waifu: Nico Robin
Reply with quote
I feel like Soras Recovery, By that i Mean his Up special, Should go up a little bit higher? It just feels like a more complicated 3rd jump
:sora: :sora: :sora:

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:08 am
Posts: 148
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: mcompany
Skype: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
Reply with quote
I did a few tests up flowcancel, and not only can flowmotion back alone can end up not doing anything at all (I really have no clue why), but I think a nearly frame perfect timing can make you to flowcancel that can do the actual move backwards (such as flowmotion forwards away from who you hit, completely whiffing flow back cancel down, or getting little weak hits with flow back cancel up). On the bright side, flow up cancel forwards (assuming the forwards connects) might be an interesting lead to combos, and flow forwards cancel back will stop you from flying of to infinity

_________________
Melee main:samus
Melee "secondaries" and/or jokes: marth, fox, falco, Luigi, shiek, g&w, Roy, pichu

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.


Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am
Posts: 2119
Location: Otonokizaka High School
Country: Singapore (sg)
Gender: Anime Girl
MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, Mario Odyssey
Waifu: Maki Nishikino
Reply with quote
i don't understand why sora's bthrow has set knockback.

is not a freezing move anymore, right?

_________________


Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 8:12 pm
Posts: 7
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
I feel Sora really needs a rework. I mean, "Battle of the 99 heartless" is only the 21st challenge, and after MULTIPLE weeks I still can't beat it... MULTIPLE! I get that the Game and Watches were nerfed to silhouette status to ease it up... but I've played this Game for a year or two, Sure i still main :megaman: Megaman :metaknight: Metaknight :blackmage: Black Mage :sandbag: Sandbag :wario: and Wario, but my :sora: Sora skills are half decent at the very least!

~JG

_________________
~JG

Image


Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:12 am
Posts: 2899
Location: The Schwarzwelt
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: ;Danny;
Skype: N/A
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Reply with quote
^In that particular challenge go to the centre of the stage and spam U-Tilt

Easy win

_________________
Image

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.


Thu May 31, 2018 2:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 8:12 pm
Posts: 7
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
☻Danny☻ wrote:
^In that particular challenge go to the centre of the stage and spam U-Tilt

Easy win


What exactly IS tilting? I know smash attacks and how if you hold :blackmage: Black Mage long enough he gets that negative zone thing, but I've never known tilting.

_________________
~JG

Image


Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:23 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 am
Posts: 293
Location: Your chair
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Lermonz
Currently Playing: the french horn
Reply with quote
Megamansoupreme wrote:
☻Danny☻ wrote:
^In that particular challenge go to the centre of the stage and spam U-Tilt

Easy win


What exactly IS tilting? I know smash attacks and how if you hold :blackmage: Black Mage long enough he gets that negative zone thing, but I've never known tilting.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Tilt_attack
This should help

_________________
Image
Mains: :peach: :wario: :mario:


Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 8:12 pm
Posts: 7
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
Lermonz wrote:
Megamansoupreme wrote:
☻Danny☻ wrote:
^In that particular challenge go to the centre of the stage and spam U-Tilt

Easy win


What exactly IS tilting? I know smash attacks and how if you hold :blackmage: Black Mage long enough he gets that negative zone thing, but I've never known tilting.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Tilt_attack
This should help


Thanks, that really helps, now to kill 99 demo- I mean Heartless... not demons... Totally

_________________
~JG

Image


Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:39 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:57 pm
Posts: 6
Country: Venezuela (ve)
Reply with quote
I've been honing my Sora skills quite a bit this year, the results have been great, so great that I'm currently ranked at #1 on my local Flash Smasher community here in Venezuela, thanks to my Sora and to my Falco in second place. I've recorded quite a bit amount of matches and I think I have enough replays to show off some basic, intermediate and advanced Sora-specific techniques that could be useful for newer Sora enthusiasts. Should I go on and put together a Sora tutorial video? What do you say, guys?


Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:02 pm
Posts: 514
Location: Flying Battery Zone, Dream Land, Doomsday Zone (sometimes), Tumblr, YouTube
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald
Waifu: Rosalina (Sm4sh)
Reply with quote
Well, I have figured out Sora's downsides in Kirby matchups:

1. He can easily be combo-ed using my Back Aireal Cutter technique.

2. Sora's Flowmotion attack can easily be countered with Kirby's up-B (which results in Kirby NOT taking damage BTW).

3. Speaking of counters, Aireal Recovery can be countered with an attack as well. Using Final Cutter when Sora's using Aireal Recovery can lead into a Kirbycide, however.

4. Strike Raid can obviously be used against him.

Sora is a good character, but not in Kirby matchups. So, you Sora mains might want to start training, because I am an expert Kirby main.

_________________
Mains: :kirby: :rayman: :blackmage:

Secondaries: :sonic: :mario: :captainfalcon: :simon:

Who I Want In SSF2: Zero, Mighty, Dark Samus, Richter, Cloud

"You don't see pretty flowers like these at the seashore. The mountains are far superior!" -Sonic The Hedgehog (2003)
YouTube Video:


Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.