McLeodGaming
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/

Link
http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=44784
Page 4 of 4

Author:  Vanilla [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
Does anyone remember Link's early spin attack animation?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MERWhQoIbgc#31m55s
I really miss it, since it looked like how it was in the official Smash games.


At least put a timestamp so i can see where to find the animation :yoshi:

Author:  bagrielmarmanjo [ Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

Vanilla wrote:
At least put a timestamp so i can see where to find the animation :yoshi:

31:55
(also, the yoshi icon is from the old sprite)

Author:  Vanilla [ Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
At least put a timestamp so i can see where to find the animation :yoshi:

31:55
(also, the yoshi icon is from the old sprite)

(i know about that)

about the upb, the "old" animation is the same as the current one actually.
whats different however is the sword trail, which at that time still uses v0.9b's trail plus some green trail.

Author:  Sonario [ Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

I'm glad we kept the TP Link design. BOTW Link feels too different to represent most Links while TP Link looks and feels similar enough to OoT, SS and HW Link.

Author:  bagrielmarmanjo [ Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

Vanilla wrote:
whats different however is the sword trail

DAMMIT I SAID THE WRONG WORD
but yeah
imo i liked the green one (the effect, because i think the color fits more on Toon Link)

Author:  CraftGMC [ Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

I don't know if many people already know this or not, but for those who don't:
If you throw your bombs with the grab input instead of attacking, the bombs won't explode as soon as they touch the ground
Image

Author:  BowlDawg [ Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

PLEASE NERF LINK!

Let me explain, my brother mains :link:, and i tend to go all over the place with my characters nowadays, such as using :bowser:, :captainfalcon:, occasionally :ichigo:, and so on. Only :ichigo: is able to really stand a chance against :link:'s arrow + bomb + boomerang spamming. His attacks seem to deal too much damage for how far ranged they are and how fast they get to be executed. Too much of :link: just seems to rely on spamming to get anything done, and I think he should be reworked tbh.

Author:  CraftGMC [ Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

BowlDawg wrote:
Only :ichigo: is able to really stand a chance against :link:'s arrow + bomb + boomerang spamming.
Fox, Falco, and even Black Mage have some potential against a Bob-oomerang spammer as they can reliably reflect projectiles without powershielding (and Black Mage's uncharged Stop leaves them paralysed just long enough to punish with a grab)
Luigi's UAir can somewhat easily juggle Link up to ~60% (and if you're precise or lucky enough, you can finish with an UpB kill), and due to his floaty mobility, he can try and stay out of range (or dodge with a little effort) from Link's projectiles barrage
Also, Ness can for some reason absorb Link's bomb arrows (but not bombs or arrows separately)

Author:  Dust_the_1000 [ Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

Pit also can reflect projectiles and spam his arrows.
Luffy's specials can annoy Link putting in risk with up b

Author:  BandanaDeeMain [ Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

Link is a high tier, he already got nerfed from 1.0.3.2

Author:  BowlDawg [ Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

I decided to take the :luffy: route, and he is actually working quite nicely! He moves quite easily for dodging projectiles and can punish most of :link:'s attacks if he ends up missing. I also enjoy his longer ranged attacks to begin with, i may have a new main after i get skilled enough with him!

Author:  CraftGMC [ Sat May 11, 2019 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

I've found myself with a sudden curiosity about Link's shield, so i decided to put it to a long session of projectile tests, this is what i've got so far:

:mario: :luigi: Fireballs are easily blocked, though they can also still hop over or under the shield
:peach: Turnips are completely unaffected, likely because they're considered items rather than simply projectiles
:bowser: the fire breath can be blocked by the shield, although it can still hit Link from at certain angles even if hitting the shield
:yoshi: eggs are blocked, however their high angle trajectory makes it pointless to use the shield for defense as they will hit Link from above
:link: Boomerangs and arrows (both normal and bomb) can be blocked, but their speed and trajectory makes them highly likely to stab Link behind the shield
:zelda: Surprisingly, Din's Fire (SideB) can be blocked by the shield - Hitting just the shield results in it being completely blocked, Hitting both link and the shield results in link taking minor damage and only flinch for a moment
:sheik: NeutralB can be shielded both idle and crouching, however their speed (along with Link being pushed from blocking previous needles) also causes them to easily stab through. Curiously enough, the second part of sheik's UpB (when reappearing) can be "blocked" (particles are shown), though there's no effect other than occasionally prevent the "smoke cloud" effect from appearing
:pikachu: NeutralB can be blocked by the shield, but due to its movement pattern it can hit above or below the shield.
[Pichu] NeutralB is guaranteed to be blocked when hitting the shield, even in Discharge state due to its slow speed and linear path
:kirby: UpB's projectile can be blocked, but its speed makes it easily stab its way through
:bandanadee: Similar case to kirby when it comes to NeutralB's projectile and sorta for SideB, plus angles
:fox: :falco: both blaster shots are completely unaffected by Link's shield
:samus: her Missiles (both homing and super missile) can be blocked, Super Missiles are kind of a roulette on whether or not Link takes a hit while still blocking it, Uncharged shots are difficult to block due to their speed, and virtually impossible to block a full charge shots due to increased size without speed loss (you CAN get lucky though, but the chances are low enough for me to just not consider it). Curiously, her bombs (DownB) can be blocked when hitting the shield, aswell as their explosions
:zerosuitsamus: Paralyzer shot is unaffected by the shield
:ness: While sometimes PK Fire can poke through Link's shield, it seems to never spawn a fire pillar when hitting it, only taking 1% of damage and a quick flinch, PK Flash seems to show particles that point out it was "blocked", however its enormous hitbox is way more than enough to cover Link's body and thus causing him to take the hit, PK Thunder is completely unaffected
:pit: the arrows can be blocked, but their speed and angles make it easy to poke through, curiously, DownB also shows the same "blocking" particle, though there's no visible effect other than preventing Link from flinching
:isaac: NeutralB gains buggy behavior with Link due to his shield, even mid-air for some reason. None of his tilts are affected by the shield, UpB's hand can be blocked but there's no use in that
:chibirobo: Chibi Blaster is unaffected by the shield
:gameandwatch: NeutralB's projectiles can be blocked but it's pointless due to their varied high angle trajectories
:tails: Tails' energy blaster shot is unaffected
:megaman: Crash Bomb (SideB) is unaffected, even when exploding, NeutralB is unaffected when uncharged, and can be blocked with some luck when at any other charge, DownB is unaffected, Forward Smash is somewhat easily blocked so long as you crouch and don't stand too close (still a dangerous option though), Jabs can be blocked by the shield but it's sorta pointless
:pacman: NeutralB's "projectiles" are technically items, and therefore are unaffected by Link's shield, DownB's water projectiles are easily blocked with no risk due to them being windboxes, the hydrant itself is unaffected though, Surprisingly enough the UpB trampoline can be "blocked", and therefore removed by the shield, though it needs to be below Link's height on the ground
:lloyd: Demon fang is in a similar situation to Kirby's final cutter projectile - can be blocked but the speed makes it likely to get you hit instead
:blackmage: Full charge down-smash can be easily cancelled by crouching where the next ice spikes would spawn (just don't be on top of them, just get in front), Full charge FSmash can be very easily cancelled due to its slow speed, Meteors are also easily cancelled so long as they're slightly below the shield (or crouching if they're hitting the ground), though a fully charged one may get risky to block
:sora: due to Strike Raid being a multihit, there is less risk when attempting to block it with Link's shield, causing him to only flinch before the projectile despawns (though because the keyblade disappears, it makes Sora's animation end early), freezing projectiles are almost unaffected
:goku: Ki blasts are in similar case to Sheik's needle storm, and that's it
:naruto: While all shadow clone specials can be blocked, their speed and angles allow them to hit behind Link's shield, Rasenshuriken is unaffected
:ichigo: uncharged NeutralB is easily blocked, while a fully charged one is unaffected

Author:  The Super Saiyan Son Goku [ Sat May 11, 2019 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

CraftGMC wrote:
I've found myself with a sudden curiosity about Link's shield, so i decided to put it to a long session of projectile tests, this is what i've got so far:

:mario: :luigi: Fireballs are easily blocked, though they can also still hop over or under the shield
:peach: Turnips are completely unaffected, likely because they're considered items rather than simply projectiles
:bowser: the fire breath can be blocked by the shield, although it can still hit Link from at certain angles even if hitting the shield
:yoshi: eggs are blocked, however their high angle trajectory makes it pointless to use the shield for defense as they will hit Link from above
:link: Boomerangs and arrows (both normal and bomb) can be blocked, but their speed and trajectory makes them highly likely to stab Link behind the shield
:zelda: Surprisingly, Din's Fire (SideB) can be blocked by the shield - Hitting just the shield results in it being completely blocked, Hitting both link and the shield results in link taking minor damage and only flinch for a moment
:sheik: NeutralB can be shielded both idle and crouching, however their speed (along with Link being pushed from blocking previous needles) also causes them to easily stab through. Curiously enough, the second part of sheik's UpB (when reappearing) can be "blocked" (particles are shown), though there's no effect other than occasionally prevent the "smoke cloud" effect from appearing
:pikachu: NeutralB can be blocked by the shield, but due to its movement pattern it can hit above or below the shield.
[Pichu] NeutralB is guaranteed to be blocked when hitting the shield, even in Discharge state due to its slow speed and linear path
:kirby: UpB's projectile can be blocked, but its speed makes it easily stab its way through
:bandanadee: Similar case to kirby when it comes to NeutralB's projectile and sorta for SideB, plus angles
:fox: :falco: both blaster shots are completely unaffected by Link's shield
:samus: her Missiles (both homing and super missile) can be blocked, Super Missiles are kind of a roulette on whether or not Link takes a hit while still blocking it, Uncharged shots are difficult to block due to their speed, and virtually impossible to block a full charge shots due to increased size without speed loss (you CAN get lucky though, but the chances are low enough for me to just not consider it). Curiously, her bombs (DownB) can be blocked when hitting the shield, aswell as their explosions
:zerosuitsamus: Paralyzer shot is unaffected by the shield
:ness: While sometimes PK Fire can poke through Link's shield, it seems to never spawn a fire pillar when hitting it, only taking 1% of damage and a quick flinch, PK Flash seems to show particles that point out it was "blocked", however its enormous hitbox is way more than enough to cover Link's body and thus causing him to take the hit, PK Thunder is completely unaffected
:pit: the arrows can be blocked, but their speed and angles make it easy to poke through, curiously, DownB also shows the same "blocking" particle, though there's no visible effect other than preventing Link from flinching
:isaac: NeutralB gains buggy behavior with Link due to his shield, even mid-air for some reason. None of his tilts are affected by the shield, UpB's hand can be blocked but there's no use in that
:chibirobo: Chibi Blaster is unaffected by the shield
:gameandwatch: NeutralB's projectiles can be blocked but it's pointless due to their varied high angle trajectories
:tails: Tails' energy blaster shot is unaffected
:megaman: Crash Bomb (SideB) is unaffected, even when exploding, NeutralB is unaffected when uncharged, and can be blocked with some luck when at any other charge, DownB is unaffected, Forward Smash is somewhat easily blocked so long as you crouch and don't stand too close (still a dangerous option though), Jabs can be blocked by the shield but it's sorta pointless
:pacman: NeutralB's "projectiles" are technically items, and therefore are unaffected by Link's shield, DownB's water projectiles are easily blocked with no risk due to them being windboxes, the hydrant itself is unaffected though, Surprisingly enough the UpB trampoline can be "blocked", and therefore removed by the shield, though it needs to be below Link's height on the ground
:lloyd: Demon fang is in a similar situation to Kirby's final cutter projectile - can be blocked but the speed makes it likely to get you hit instead
:blackmage: Full charge down-smash can be easily cancelled by crouching where the next ice spikes would spawn (just don't be on top of them, just get in front), Full charge FSmash can be very easily cancelled due to its slow speed, Meteors are also easily cancelled so long as they're slightly below the shield (or crouching if they're hitting the ground), though a fully charged one may get risky to block
:sora: due to Strike Raid being a multihit, there is less risk when attempting to block it with Link's shield, causing him to only flinch before the projectile despawns (though because the keyblade disappears, it makes Sora's animation end early), freezing projectiles are almost unaffected
:goku: Ki blasts are in similar case to Sheik's needle storm, and that's it
:naruto: While all shadow clone specials can be blocked, their speed and angles allow them to hit behind Link's shield, Rasenshuriken is unaffected
:ichigo: uncharged NeutralB is easily blocked, while a fully charged one is unaffected


This is beyond science.

Author:  BowlDawg [ Sat May 18, 2019 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Link

I seem to be having good luck with :jigglypuff:, due to the fact she has amazing air mobility against :link:, allowing me to dodge an arrow/bomb easily, and try and get close. Of course there is the chance that he will just block/dodge or just use his up smash to insta-kill me :annoyed:

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/